Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Im sorry but I really loved this issue. I get Cullen sounded way off but he sure as hell played that “im fine with mutants as long as they aren’t loud about it” role. Also enjoy seeing a few familiar arguments brought up by fearmongering, anti-mutant Coven Akkaba.

Also, for the many times people have said •—[A]—• will usurp or betray Krakoa, it really does seem like he’s the one villain (besides maybe Black Tom) who has fully leaned into this new role. Old school Apocalypse would’ve snatched that baby right out of Betsy’s hands and crushed it.

This issue had it's moments, but over all this is still so bad compared to everything else. Aside from Apocalypse, this is an almost perfect cast, and every one of them is wasted and uninteresting.

The ‘X-Factor’ lead-in was really great.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    I think Rachel has expressed--in canon-- a need to believe and to reinforce the belief that future/alt dimension beings created to be hounds can be redeemed & even thrive if given a better environment and purpose.
    That just reminded me that both Rachel and the Brisson Twins underwent being a Hound. I feel like a connection between those characters is story potential.

Rictor’s browness was the highlight.

The pacing was so off and part of that was the art. Rictor hanging off in the corner of Jubilee’s room (was it shared?) then out the window was just extra and odd. Dialogue just didn’t exchange tension in any believable or interesting way.

There are some things to enjoy but the book is also a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This issue had it's moments, but over all this is still so bad compared to everything else. Aside from Apocalypse, this is an almost perfect cast, and every one of them is wasted and uninteresting.
    This cast should’ve been in Marauders. Betsy should’ve lead the new Union book with appearances by A.

Marauders with Kate, Storm, Illyana, Emma, Rogue, Iceman, Gambit, Bishop, Rictor, Jubilee...Chef’s. Kiss.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 03-04-2020 at 10:28 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I miss buff 90s Rictor.
    "Cable was right!"

This book seems to have everything to be good, but execution is always weird and out of place.

Mighty Member

Tini Howard has made Betsy so bland I can’t even read it anymore. As a big Betsy fan I just can’t even deal with it anymore. That scene with Rictor was like wtf?! Is she doing this because she’s in her proper British body? Is this the same Betsy that was ready to kill Magneto if he stepped out of line? Awful. Every character besides Apocalypse is written awful.

The look at Betsy's face when she noticed Rictor was looking a little flush was very funny. That was the highlight of the issue for me.

BANNED

posh spice is hilarious i willl call betsy that for now on

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Im sorry but I really loved this issue. I get Cullen sounded way off but he sure as hell played that “im fine with mutants as long as they aren’t loud about it” role. Also enjoy seeing a few familiar arguments brought up by fearmongering, anti-mutant Coven Akkaba.

Also, for the many times people have said •—[A]—• will usurp or betray Krakoa, it really does seem like he’s the one villain (besides maybe Black Tom) who has fully leaned into this new role. Old school Apocalypse would’ve snatched that baby right out of Betsy’s hands and crushed it.
    I chuckled at Cullen's mutantphobia while still wanting a piece of Rictor's sweet, mutant ass. Tyyyyypical.

I guess we know what this means now.
    Last edited by JB; 03-04-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

the first part was disjointed but after that it felt pretty smoth, giving rachel the puppy makes sense and ties in to the data page how wardogs were affected by the human enviorement, perhaps a mutant enviorement will have a difrent effect

The issue was fine.
    Rachel appears.
    and I think it was autoconclusive.

Betsy is very confident with Apocalypse. Rachel appeared I liked it.

Gambit is still the weak pawn of this book but if low power level has been a canon for more than ten years m but I think they are exaggerating lol

I think Rogue needs to express her thoughts more in the last few years. She comes if I give Leader rol in book the squad leader.
    I hope later have more central focus.

The good thing tiny portrays her appropriately as the heavyweight and power house of the group, she ended the battle.
    I like that in all Rogue action scenes Tini has respected how powerful she is.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 03-04-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Rogue always looks like the most point high power in this book in its action scenes .. so I can tolerate this book well. Until Tiny sends three of her focus.

What I hope is that Rogue will express her thoughts more.
    She has been playing the role of leader for many years.

But I liked that Rogue's power level has been cheap respected by Tini.

I agree....it's sad because the ideas are interesting, they have a killer roster but....

it feels shallow, confusing and rushed....the voices are not completely wrong but they feel off. Also, none of the artist does nothing for me. I hope this book gets change afters X of Swords....wish I hope is better executed. I want to hear Betsy through Hickman and not only Tini in that event.

were there hints as thing to come in X of Swords?

also, I am the only one that doesn't like Rictor's cape and face tattoo? Too much.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 03-04-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The issue was fine.
    Rachel appears.
    and I think it was autoconclusive.

Betsy is very confident with Apocalypse. Rachel appeared I liked it.

Gambit is still the weak pawn of this book but if low power level has been a canon for more than ten years m but I think they are exaggerating lol

I think Rogue needs to express her thoughts more in the last few years. She comes if I give Leader rol in book the squad leader.
    I hope later have more central focus.

The good thing tiny portrays her appropriately as the heavyweight and power house of the group, she ended the battle.
    I like that in all Rogue action scenes Tini has respected how powerful she is.
    Rogue is Boss. As she should be.

Poor Cullen got his ass whooped twice. I like the little $@%&.
    Last edited by JB; 03-04-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!