Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

This comic also confirms that nobody gets fucked harder by Marvel creative that Avengers Arena characters.

edit: scratch that, New Warriors exist.

Rogue is a glorified extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Rogue is a glorified extra.
    All the characters are. Even Betsy occasionally feels like someone who is just there to take up space.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Rogue is Boss. As she should be.

Poor Cullen got his ass whooped twice. I like the little $@%&.

Yeaaa boy. ROGUE is a boss here 😆😆😆

BANNED

x of swords has the bones written by both, but its probably more hickman + each x-writer in the crossover, im not too worried since previous colabs that hickman has done turned out to be good

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    All the characters are. Even Betsy occasionally feels like someone who is just there to take up space.
    It's crazy how passive Betsy is many times

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    This comic also confirms that nobody gets fucked harder by Marvel creative that Avengers Arena characters.

edit: scratch that, New Warriors exist.
    Cullen was a mutant bigot before? this felt like they threw him under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    That's because the pacing and dialogue won't allow any depth to these characters.

You would think since the first arc was focused on Betsy and Apocalypse that the second one would shine some light on the others. I guess it kinda did with Rictor? You're right, though. Even Betsy seems like a walking shell in this warewolf story.

Something just isn't coming through. I can't connect with any of the characters or even with the story this is trying to sell, which isn't the case with the other DOX books.

BANNED

It was disjointed and inconsistent but I still find the issue charming. Betsy and Rachel were flirting heavily. I like that Rictor wasnt lazily paired up with Cullen but instead was the one smelling the smoke. He looks way too goofy tho all of them have atrocious outfits.

The colonialist vibes are appropriate for a book about Britain's XMen.

The dialogue in this issue is potentially the worst in the series. Rictor talking to sleeping jubilee was straight out of middle school fanfic. Rictor speaking with betsy right afterward was just cringey.

The only character that sounded fine was Cullen, but I actually don't know his character too well so that could also be terribly off.

Poor dialogue, plot points that seem to not have any truly meaningful set up or resolve, a cast that seem like shells of themselves, and no real reason as to why this book even exists.

I keep hoping this will get better but today's issue was one of the weakest
    Last edited by Muffinman; 03-04-2020 at 11:44 AM.

I've been waiting for it to get better. It's just not happening.

And editorial needs to start giving her some constructive criticism and feedback.

Because with a cast like this. This title should be more interesting.

Hickman take over for a damn arc. Please and thank you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Cullen was a mutant bigot before? this felt like they threw him under the bus
    He wasn't

They did

Rogue should have adopted the baby, she's already got a Warwolf cloak

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Poorly executed filler. I hate that Cullen is suddenly a bigot. The baby warwolf was a transparent attempt to be cute that, imo, absolutely doesn't work. Really hoping this "puppy" doesn't show up in X-Factor. Hated the heavy handed wink-wink of Bets suggesting that Jubes should get a sword. Characterization is still incredibly shallow. Very worried about X of Swords at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Rictor’s browness was the highlight.
    I did appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    also, I am the only one that doesn't like Rictor's cape and face tattoo? Too much.
    I also really dislike it. The costume underneath isn't bad. I also hate that Howard is trying to shove Rictor into this role of druid. Maybe spend some of his panel time explaining how he got his powers under control other than "Oh, he and [A] had a talk off panel and everything is fine now".

How old is Cullen? Wasn't he like 13 in Avengers Arena? Either way surely a little too young for Rictor....

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I also hate that Howard is trying to shove Rictor into this role of druid. Maybe spend some of his panel time explaining how he got his powers under control other than "Oh, he and [A] had a talk off panel and everything is fine now".
    This entire book is like that. It is terribly frustrating and makes for very shallow characterization. This cast could almost be anyone, the story would read the same. Clunky.