Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Where are the Gamora products? An interesting article for fans of Gamora...

Here's an interesting article I had just recently read that you may find interesting as well...http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...-wheresgamora/

As fans of the character, what do you think of this ?

While I'll take whatever Gamora products they want to produce, I think she's pretty well-represented in movie merchandising.
    There's an ML figure, a bunch of group tees, the upcoming Hot Toys figure, Lego, etc.

There may not be a lot of Gamora only t-shirts and the like but shes pictured with the others in all the bags, cups, stationary, etc.

She also has a Marvel Legends Figure, A Lego Minifig, a few minimates, a few heroclix, a funko pop bobblehead, a mystery mini bobblehead, a hot toys figure, a marvel classics statue, as well as being a playable character in Lego Marvel Universe the video game.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Spectacular Member

I'm pretty sure the commenters, including the original poster, need to take a second look at the situation. LOL at all the up-in-arms mommies yelling out sexism because there's not Gamora only products. The only shirts / merchandise I've really seen so far is either the GotG team as a whole, or Rocket Raccoon by himself or with Groot. I could easily make this same argument and replace Gamora with Drax or Peter Quill. Where's my Drax the Destroyer shirt? Where's my Drax the Destroyer lunchbox?

Where are the Gamora products? One simple Amazon search away.

I wish Amy Ratcliffe at least tried to do a little research before blogging.

Remember when The Avengers came out two years ago, and Black Widow was missing from merchandise and toys?
    http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Avenger...widow+avengers

It was the only toy I bought out of that line. The other characters either lacked decent articulation or the likenesses were off. (Thor particularly.)

Groot and Rocket Raccoon are the break out characters of the film, of course they're going to have the most merchandise produced. It's like complaining to Disney that Prince What's-His-Face isn't being marketed enough from "Maleficent?"

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dmreyn View Post
    I'm pretty sure the commenters, including the original poster, need to take a second look at the situation. LOL at all the up-in-arms mommies yelling out sexism because there's not Gamora only products. The only shirts / merchandise I've really seen so far is either the GotG team as a whole, or Rocket Raccoon by himself or with Groot. I could easily make this same argument and replace Gamora with Drax or Peter Quill. Where's my Drax the Destroyer shirt? Where's my Drax the Destroyer lunchbox?
    That's not the point. Boys have plenty of toys to buy.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I wish Amy Ratcliffe at least tried to do a little research before blogging.
    For someone who used the internet for her job, she sure has a lack of searching skills.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Avenger...widow+avengers

It was the only toy I bought out of that line. The other characters either lacked decent articulation or the likenesses were off. (Thor particularly.)

Groot and Rocket Raccoon are the break out characters of the film, of course they're going to have the most merchandise produced. It's like complaining to Disney that Prince What's-His-Face isn't being marketed enough from "Maleficent?"
    The only thing I wish they had more of are T shirts for little girls. They missed a good opportunity with the Superhero Squaddie versions of Wanda or Carol. I know my little 8 year old nieces would like to have Marvel clothes and they've been to most of the movies. I end up getting them the little boys versions of the T shirts and they're still pretty happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The only thing I wish they had more of are T shirts for little girls. They missed a good opportunity with the Superhero Squaddie versions of Wanda or Carol. I know my little 8 year old nieces would like to have Marvel clothes and they've been to most of the movies. I end up getting them the little boys versions of the T shirts and they're still pretty happy with that.
    Perhaps they felt that the character was "too violent" to be marketed to children? (Granted Rocket and Groot were just as violent, what with the impaling several dudes and all, but being cute marketable animal and plant monsters usually trump reality) I personally haven't seen any Punisher T-shirts for pre-teens, yet. Wolverine obviously is everywhere, but they always "neuter" him in media aimed at kids. (Claws are for stabbing robots and steel doors only!)

Not disagreeing with you, btw. I personally have no problem with Gamora on T-shirts for young girls, or more Gamora products in general. Just spitballin' theories. I buy most of my superhero shirts from online shops like "Superhero Stuff" and "We Love Fine", they tend to have a lot of female Marvel characters in women's wear. (Even less popular characters like Siryn!)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dmreyn View Post
    The thing is your chances of getting that Drax shirt is higher than Gamora.

This has been an ongoing issue wit female and minority related stuff for years. It's about one set of guys getting a ton of stuff and everyone else getting left out.

Nothing is wrong with Rocket & Groot getting the bulk of stuff but lets not leave out the rest of the cast and limit what we make for them.

And don't forget you got stores that will happily screw you over with merchandise.

There might be a lot of Gamora stuff but the store won't sell it, they will take it out of the boxes and ship it to another location out of most folks reach or throw that sucker on clearance the week after it's released.

I've dealt with. You know Marvel Masher's Falcon? Funny that only 1 store in the entire DFW area has him and I've searched. Same with Amazing Spider-Man Miles Morales figure.

Marvel females? I would say Jubilee, Emma Frost, Storm (non Halle Berry)Capt Marvel & Black Widow (nonmovies ones) as I have only seen them once and never saw Scarlet Witch in stock. I see She Hulk more than I do any other Marvel female.

And I did forget one thing-the classic-we don't shelf it until it's CANCELLED deal. Young Justice was a victim of this.

Extraordinary Member

Theres plenty!

Ultimate Member

Perhaps they felt that the character was "too violent" to be marketed to children?
    Really? When I see this I just tell folk to take a look at the books aimed for kids at your local library or school library.

I have seen kids younger than 12 WEAR OUT dollar/50 cent bins for books starring WOLVERINE.

I know we underestimate just how much violence a kid can take. We have seen kid versions of so many characters that it's wouldn't hurt to put out a shirt with Gamora or even Black Widow on it for kids.

If I'm Marvel I would do it because guess what? The kids are doing it on their. I work in the schools and you won't believe who appears on CUSTOM MADE jackets, shirts and other stuff that the kids have.

When you see a kid in a custom made Punisher, Miles Morales or Moon Knight Hoodie-ANYTHING can make money.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Love the justifications here.

"she's there, just look for her"

The fact is that the consumer shouldn't have to specifically search out the character. She should have been front and center on the marketing, just like Star Lord and the rodent.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Love the justifications here.

"she's there, just look for her"

The fact is that the consumer shouldn't have to specifically search out the character. She should have been front and center on the marketing, just like Star Lord and the rodent.
    Online shopping is a boon for areas that don't have a mega mall or the stores have limited stock. Wal Mart has pushed out all the toy stores so that we have only 1 Toys R Us for about 6 or 8 counties.

The trouble with that is the competiton for shelf space is fierce and some companies get squeezed out. My brother has 8 year old triplets and he has no qualms about getting stuff online for them because sometimes the products just aren't in the stores. They've had to order certain Lego sets online.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-11-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Perhaps they felt that the character was "too violent" to be marketed to children? (Granted Rocket and Groot were just as violent, what with the impaling several dudes and all, but being cute marketable animal and plant monsters usually trump reality) I personally haven't seen any Punisher T-shirts for pre-teens, yet. Wolverine obviously is everywhere, but they always "neuter" him in media aimed at kids. (Claws are for stabbing robots and steel doors only!)

Not disagreeing with you, btw. I personally have no problem with Gamora on T-shirts for young girls, or more Gamora products in general. Just spitballin' theories. I buy most of my superhero shirts from online shops like "Superhero Stuff" and "We Love Fine", they tend to have a lot of female Marvel characters in women's wear. (Even less popular characters like Siryn!)
    Movie violence was much tamer in my childhood but you still had the Hammer movies etc showing the impaling of vampires.

I've used We Love Fine because they have such a wide variety. I've gotten several Doctor Doom shirts there...where else can you get one with Doom riding a unicorn? If you want a Loki shirt, that's certainly the store to shop these days. And young girls loooove Loki.