Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I suppose any interactions with humans outside of Krakoa could be considered potential 'wartime' conditions, but that's a slippery slope. The Commanders need to be defined a bit more in their roles.
    I do not think we are going to get much in the way of consistency. The only purpose of this scene is to use the cliche of the lower ranking officer having the backs of their grunts when being grilled by a higher rank in order to have them become more involved with their grunts. In short, this whole scene is just to set up some team building, but maybe Brisson will flip it and have her go and take it out on the rookies.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    A pms joke in 2020.

God damn, that's a relic.
    Those will never die, never! Swearing though....hmmm.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

I mean, it's kinda an untenable situation.

The new Mutants were on an official mission (In the guise of fucking around) well off planet.

From the outside looking in, Armor and company were on an unassuming visit to friends that went absolutely south. If Roberto was there(Like Armor had initially looked for), they'd probably have went with some more capable X-men. But since he wasn't and it was out in bumfuck nowhere nebraska, it was on paper a low risk trip that normally would have gone without a hitch.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It really wasn't their fault things went south so tragically. Still...they should have informed an adult...not Sage.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Brisson seems to be the most removed writer from what everyone else is doing. I wouldnt give any weight to his interpretation of what the position of commander entails but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It really wasn't their fault things went south so tragically. Still...they should have informed an adult...not Sage.
    Sage probably tipped these gangbangers off to get rid of Glob & co.

Hmmmm Im not sure how others fell...I havent read this thread at all......but I like the convo between Yana and Cyclops...Yana such a Resting BitchFace personality I love it
    GrindrStone(D)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Had to go finish #6 since I stopped when Beak got shot.

Man, Scott's wasting Illyana's precious time. Like 3 flatscans died and it wasn't anyone's on Armor's team's fault. Quit tripping.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Had to go finish #6 since I stopped when Beak got shot.

Man, Scott's wasting Illyana's precious time. Like 3 flatscans died and it wasn't anyone's on Armor's team's fault. Quit tripping.
    I don't personally believe Scott cares, but I believe the Quiet Council has to 'make' Scott care.

It's a political manuever.

who cares about PILGER NABRASKA?

not me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    who cares about PILGER NABRASKA?

not me.
    The Quiet Council do, they don't want to accidentally start a war with America. International incidents is frowned upon by nations and the international community.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Quiet Council do, they don't want to accidentally start a war with America. International incidents is frowned upon by nations and the international community.
    The quiet council can deal with it off panel then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The quiet council can deal with it off panel then.
    This won't be a one off incident, they're a nation and that comes with politics. It'd be like the X-men at the X-Mansion and someone accidentally kills a few people, that's going to set things off with authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This won't be a one off incident, they're a nation and that comes with politics. It'd be like the X-men at the X-Mansion and someone accidentally kills a few people, that's going to set things off with authorities.
    Ok well if it happens again I hope it doesn't revolve around Beak's family in Pilger Nabraska lmao.

And last issue was about Magma in Roma Nova. I'm in awe that Brisson manages to focus on the characters I least care about in places I don't care about. And the writing has not made me care.

BANNED

Does anyone care about Nova Roma besides the most faithful of Claremont devotees

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Does anyone care about Nova Roma besides the most faithful of Claremont devotees
    Which makes the choice to go there so baffling.