View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 86 of 123 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1837

One's not wearing undergarments.
    I've seen George Perez actually come out and say she isn't and admit that he's a bit of a pervert.

It's still classier than a lot of what Claremont did during his heyday.

Whether not wearing underwear is better or worse than running around in only her underwear, like Emma tends to do, I'll leave up to each of you to decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I've seen George Perez actually come out and say she isn't and admit that he's a bit of a pervert.

Whether not wearing underwear is better or worse than running around in only her underwear, like Emma tends to do, I'll leave up to each of you to decide for yourself.
    I just think having your whole ass out and your bits in plain view if you move to quickly is worse than what Emma has going on. Both unwise but one is better than the other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

it's not about the skin or how it looks, its another example why using wanda's status as a minority to morally police this discussion or shame me and others is a very silly thing, because if you wish to go down that road at least pick a character that isnt an abomination of vile stereotypes about said minority.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just think having your whole ass out and your bits in plain view if you move to quickly is worse than what Emma has going on. Both unwise but one is better than the other.
    It was also a complete pain for any other artist to draw because of all the folds of clothing: it's both too skimpy and too complicated.

That's actually why it was abandoned after George Pérez left, not because it was ridiculous as a battle outfit (though it was) but because Alan Davis, who was drawing the next arc, asked to change it to something simpler.

And since then, no other artist has used that outfit but when JLA/Avengers came out, Pérez had Wanda back in the costume with no explanation. He just... well, he's a fine artist and I wish he had done more X-Men besides that one annual, but he has weird ideas about costume design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it's not about the skin or how it looks, its another example why using wanda's status as a minority to morally police this discussion or shame me and others is a very silly thing, because if you wish to go down that road at least pick a character that isnt an abomination of vile stereotypes about said minority.
    Plus even if Wanda actually were minority representation, no one thinks you hate her because of that. Your reasons for hating Wanda may be wrong but they have nothing to do with whatever her ethnicity is this week.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-23-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

I actually know and live with romani people that have told me what they think, you literaly put wanda's 90's costume next to a google search of "G word costume" and its pratically the same thing.
    She is a stereotype and harmfull representation. the fact shes a fucking witch is already a harmful choice, whose powers come from the highest form of evil on the universe from birth.
    There's an argument to be had about her characterisation, what it should be is a shield about wanting to murder her and erase her being a minority. Wiccan's are also a minority religion in various parts of the world. But again, you can't judge any of that because you're not reading anything she appears in outside the X-men line. It's not like the X-men lore don't have cosmic evil that their heroes get possessed by, the Phoenix is a force of nature which eats worlds. Galactic empires fear it, like the Shi'Ar!

Wicca is a minority religion in every part of the world.

Emma was right

because its totaly what a modern romani woman in 90's would wear :P
    There should be a lot of skirts and layers if you want her to look like a real romani and not some fully assimilated women from USA who call herself a romani just to feel special. I personally don't want to see any romani representation, since their culture is extremely sexist from the start and there is nothing romantic about it. Go to Europe and check.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    There should be a lot of skirts and layers if you want her to look like a real romani and not some fully assimilated women from USA who call herself a romani just to feel special. I personally don't want to see any romani representation, since their culture is extremely sexist from the start and there is nothing romantic about it. Go to Europe and check.
    Romani culture is patriarchal in nature, but lots of Romani have changed traditions to modernize. There's a lot that isn't sexist. I am part Romani. I'd like to see some stuff that is more accurate. And not the stereotypical stuff. You don't even need to go to Europe to check. There are over a million Romani in the US.

And I'm not talking about people who are 1/18th or went to Coachella once, but people that still have Romanipen.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-23-2020 at 11:58 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I actually know and live with romani people that have told me what they think, you literaly put wanda's 90's costume next to a google search of "G word costume" and its pratically the same thing.
    She is a stereotype and harmfull representation. the fact shes a fucking witch is already a harmful choice, whose powers come from the highest form of evil on the universe from birth.
    This is true. But what's also true is that comics haven't done an accurate portrayal of Romani for any of the characters that are that. I think the only one I'd say is good is Quicksilver's recent solo.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, so what? What's wrong with being romantic?

David St. Hubbins: Romani, Nigel.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Doombot did Decimation
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Doombot did Decimation
    That would be hilarious and so Marvel style.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This is true. But what's also true is that comics haven't done an accurate portrayal of Romani for any of the characters that are that. I think the only one I'd say is good is Quicksilver's recent solo.
    Part of it is true, another part is it's a shield for erasing Scarlet Witch being a minority, degrading her by what wears and defending this post in relation to Wanda. Wanda may be fictional but the implications are staggering where this discussion about a real Romani woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny
    No, she should just be murdered on sight.
    This isn't about protecting the real minorities, it's about hurting a fictional minority character. Compare this to the reaction to the Phoenix Five, especially Cyclops and Emma Frost.

Edit: It'd be one thing were this about justice, that's why this thread is about a trial except this skips over the trial part to get to the execution.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-24-2020 at 02:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Are you guys familiar with Cindy Reynolds (Gypsy) in DC Comics?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Doombot did Decimation
    I like it.