View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 74 of 123 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1837
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

It's illegal to kill humans.

The Quiet Council shall assign Wanda 300 hours of community service cleaning up trash on the Krakoan beaches.

Wanda neeeeeeds a mutant to come after her (Phantazia, Fatale, Reaper, Abyss). It only makes sense. You can't cause a massive genocide without pissing a few people off. I want to see someone who we might not always hear about who is super powerful to come after that witch. Maybe not an X-Men but someone who is justifiably wronged. And I want them to go hard. Because I would.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 05-15-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I agree it's hypocritical to "call out" other characters that way. As I said earlier I don't think it's any more in character for Scott to refuse Wanda's offer to re-power mutants. I get that all characters only do what they do because the writers make them, but there's such a thing as plot-induced stupidity.

I think the unusual thing about Wanda is that with a combination of Disassembled, House of M and Decimation, she was portrayed as completely to blame for murder and genocide - that's not normal OOC writing, that's something that should disqualify a character from ever being a hero again. Either the stories are wrong and she didn't do it, or she's a villain, now and forever, irredeemable. (You already know which option I take.) That doesn't normally happen with hero characters, no matter how bad they behave, there's always an "out" like possession, mind-control, the character legitimately thinking they were doing the right thing, something so their fans can argue they were right. Marvel didn't offer anything like that for Wanda until that one stupid "Life Force" thing that finally came out in a few panels of one comic in 2012. Obviously they never intended for her to be a hero again and it's kind of a miracle she made it back, but the only way for her to be a hero again is if she's absolved; Scott could still be a hero even after killing Xavier because the writers made it clear that it wasn't really his fault.

I guess Hal Jordan is one of the few heroes who have gone through something similar, but DC gave him a whole miniseries to finally explain it all away and redeem him. Hilariously, the only time he and Wanda met was in 2004 where she complains about losing her children and Hal is all, "well, I went insane and murdered people." If only Wanda had known what was coming...

Ah I actually see what you mean....They reeeeealy made her one of the most polarizing Marvel character in one storyline Damn
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Wanda neeeeeeds a mutant to come after her (Phantazia). It only makes sense. You can't cause a massive genocide without pissing a few people off. I want to see someone who we might not always hear about who is super powerful to come after that witch. Maybe not an X-Men but someone who is justifiably wronged. And I want them to go hard. Because I would.
    Totally dig this
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The Quiet Council shall assign Wanda 300 hours of community service cleaning up trash on the Krakoan beaches.
    Gah can you imagine the kind of trash a bunch of Immortal, young adults, with model goodlooks living on a tropical island Leave behind??? It's like Spring Break '99 all over again
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-15-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    Ive been ignoring this thread for obvious reasons but you know what, maybe a Trial would be cool. Even better if she she shows real remorse for the pain she caused and be proven not entirely guilty in the end. This just needs a closure already.
    I feel also that it did last too long… Either Wanda is recognized as mentally ill at the moment of the occurence and declared free of charge, or she is guilty and must make amends.

Or let's say, it is too old in comics time and it's time-barred.

Would it be the end? Apparently, it's too enjoyable to stop: it can go forever…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think that was because marvel itself didn´t have a plan, they only knew they needed to get Wanda back and with the Avengers so they made the X-men the bad guys, antagonist of the story even if it was totally understable for them to be angry but they were written in a way that made them seem petty, unreasonable and bloodthristy to force sympathy for Wanda´s situation but that´s not how they normally act.

How to explain Wolverine´s sudden change from wanting to protect Billy from Magneto on the X-men book, and this was written by Heimberg, to wanting to kill him along with Wanda on Children´s Crusade, to defend her to Rogue in Uncanny Avengers if not because marvel needed to make the X-men the villains to bring Wanda back with the Avengers and this narratively speaking doesn´t make sense and it´s not fair. That´s like if Rogue helped Carol to get her memories back in a story that showed Carol as an ungrateful person that doesn´t see how much Rogue is doing for her and she
    is so wrong for being angry still, etc. that´s how the X-men were threated on their own books and why because of this Wanda´s actions are not seen as a redemption arc because for that to happen the X-men had to be made the villain of the story.

In the end Rogue didn´t got to help Carol get her memories back but she still had her redemption arc and Carol was allowed to feel resentful of her while still admitting her as a hero without making her a villain in Rogue´s story, if Wanda´s story was managed like this I think we would not be still stuck talking about decimation 15 years later.

it really is the crux of the issue: the x-men werent given the humanity that wanda was, and were treated as the antagonists for being angry at actions that victimized them, the narrative paints wanda as a saint, as more of a victim than the people she destroyed.

Wanda commited genocide and managed to come out the victim, its such a fucking joke

Also i hate that lorna is erased in any page about their family
    Last edited by Ferro; 05-16-2020 at 03:09 AM.

That Emma outfit is bomb though.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Totally dig this
    Gah can you imagine the kind of trash a bunch of Immortal, young adults, with model goodlooks living on a tropical island Leave behind??? It's like Spring Break '99 all over again
    That's the kind of thing that will have Wanda doing "no More Mutants" again and this time she will be 100% justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Also i hate that lorna is erased in any page about their family
    Welcome to the events and Magnus family crossover arcs for the whole era when the Avengers side was in the drivers seat. Even the X-Men titles and that was an X-Man title leading into Children's Crusade as was Magneto Not A Hero at the same time. While I support the family coming back together in time and I know you don't I am also more then aware the not small chance Wanda is treated as the only daughter of Magneto again.

I think the best shield to preventing another around of that once the Axis retcon comes down is Lorna building back up as an important part of the x-line which she was before Decimation. Ironically I feel like Lorna's storyline lost its early 00s cohesion in part because of M-Day. Wanda became a giant omnipresent force over the x-books. For Lorna because the great trauma to mutantkind switched from Genosha to Decimation and writers couldn't figure out what to do with Lorna after M-Day and were loathed to tie her into the soap they started in House of M with Magneto and the twins. Lorna avoided any damage from the storyline, but the character also was rendered irrelevant even to her own family events from there to Axis.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-16-2020 at 09:50 AM.

BANNED

Lorna is the only one with a proper relantionship anyways, the other two will never reconect an good ridance

I do still feel like they should bring back Anya and Zaladane. Let Lorna, Anya and Zaladane be his kids. Keep it that way. Don't keep playing wheel of father.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I agree it's hypocritical to "call out" other characters that way. As I said earlier I don't think it's any more in character for Scott to refuse Wanda's offer to re-power mutants. I get that all characters only do what they do because the writers make them, but there's such a thing as plot-induced stupidity.

I think the unusual thing about Wanda is that with a combination of Disassembled, House of M and Decimation, she was portrayed as completely to blame for murder and genocide - that's not normal OOC writing, that's something that should disqualify a character from ever being a hero again. Either the stories are wrong and she didn't do it, or she's a villain, now and forever, irredeemable. (You already know which option I take.) That doesn't normally happen with hero characters, no matter how bad they behave, there's always an "out" like possession, mind-control, the character legitimately thinking they were doing the right thing, something so their fans can argue they were right. Marvel didn't offer anything like that for Wanda until that one stupid "Life Force" thing that finally came out in a few panels of one comic in 2012. Obviously they never intended for her to be a hero again and it's kind of a miracle she made it back, but the only way for her to be a hero again is if she's absolved; Scott could still be a hero even after killing Xavier because the writers made it clear that it wasn't really his fault.

I guess Hal Jordan is one of the few heroes who have gone through something similar, but DC gave him a whole miniseries to finally explain it all away and redeem him. Hilariously, the only time he and Wanda met was in 2004 where she complains about losing her children and Hal is all, "well, I went insane and murdered people." If only Wanda had known what was coming...

I'm feeling some conflicted emotions here....context please?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Welcome to the events and Magnus family crossover arcs for the whole era when the Avengers side was in the drivers seat. Even the X-Men titles and that was an X-Man title leading into Children's Crusade as was Magneto Not A Hero at the same time. While I support the family coming back together in time and I know you don't I am also more then aware the not small chance Wanda is treated as the only daughter of Magneto again.

I think the best shield to preventing another around of that once the Axis retcon comes down is Lorna building back up as an important part of the x-line which she was before Decimation. Ironically I feel like Lorna's storyline lost its early 00s cohesion in part because of M-Day. Wanda became a giant omnipresent force over the x-books. For Lorna because the great trauma to mutantkind switched from Genosha to Decimation and writers couldn't figure out what to do with Lorna after M-Day and were loathed to tie her into the soap they started in House of M with Magneto and the twins. Lorna avoided any damage from the storyline, but the character also was rendered irrelevant even to her own family events from there to Axis.
    I agree Lorna needed to be there, PAD tried to do her side of the story with Pietro over HoM but it would have been better to have her there when Wanda came back, poor Luna was also erased and she pretty much is the one grandchild Magneto thinks a lot because he was there at her birth, there´s no reason why she should be forgotten by him.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

I'm feeling some conflicted emotions here....context please?
    It’s from the JLA/Avengers crossover. The two teams are merged into one world and their memories are changed (similar to House of M) and they find out all the terrible things that happened to them in the “real” timeline. Vision and Wanda find out about their kids being vaporized, Barry Allen finds out he’s going to die, Hal Jordan finds out he’s going to become a mass murderer, but they all decide they have to fight to restore reality anyway because that’s what heroes do, yadayada.

Of course soon after this, the kids came back, Hal was retconned into not being guilty and Barry came back to life.

Edit: Later in the crossover Wanda gives Vision a rather depressing pep talk about how there's nothing they can do to get their kids back and they just have to accept it. If only she'd taken her own advice.

Last edited by gurkle; 05-16-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Lorna is the only one with a proper relantionship anyways, the other two will never reconect an good ridance
    Proper relationship? Lorna has a dysfunctional relationship with Magneto as well, and has just as much as a disconnect on the pages as Scarlet Witch does despite being in the X-books. Getting rid of Wanda's connection won't change that. It's not like she's at Magneto's side in Krakoa. Of course his children will have this kind of relationship with Magneto, Lorna's been on X-teams fighting against her father because he's a mutant terrorist who can't go a year without trying to conquer the world.