View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    just the one on Rosenberg's run. Cap would never protect a hate discourse
    Skrull? Step up from a flatscan, I guess...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Everyone posting in this thread is a flatscan.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Skrull? Step up from a flatscan, I guess...
    No character is immune from bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Everyone posting in this thread is a flatscan.
    Excuse me? Are you ASSUMING my species? That's pretty rude.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

It's my default.

Incredible Member

You know, Wanda sucks. But she doesn't suck as much as Pietro. It was so satisfying watching Layla Miller get a one up on him over and over again. That loser got beaten by a little girl. Like, the decimation is more his fault than Wanda's - I mean she still sucks, don't get me wrong... just not as much as that loser. It's like comparing NAV and French Montana, you know they both suck but you know who is worse.

At a certain point I understand the hatred Wanda receives for that trash event that had her completely out of character, mentally ill and used by others.

I would be pissed as well if the person "responsible" for all that suffer still free with hero status intact and her teammates still supporting her like nothing happened

I wish Jean had appeared during those years and fixed everything with the Phoenix, but the idea was to make mutants less.

She deserves peace after being used as a plot device all those years
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-07-2020 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You're calling being against inter-racial dating "derisive language"? In the real world we call this a metaphor for racism, its what the X-men was built on to fight against. Have you learnt nothing reading the X-men? It's not fandom, only a certain part of it.
    Well Honestly don't think there's been more than 3 times a poster on here called out vision and Wanda's marriage because he's a robot. it's a week ass metaphor to Begin with...Its not interacial Since Vision isn't a human... it'd be like someone falling in love With a sentient wolf...even if you consider Vision a human he's still patterned after Wonder Man....and WM and Wabda walking down the street wouldn't be seen as interacial. Yes I learned a lot from the X-Men for example providing proof of in my claims. No one here even cares enough about Wabda and Vision to even comment on their marriage on anger

This false flat when people downplay Sinister massacring the Morlocks
    Again with bringing in Sinister when discussing Wanda No one mentioned him or his role in the Morlock Massacre. But since you did HIS body count is still waaaay lower than the SW....not even a drop in the bucket.

This isn't about genocide, it's about what team Wanda's on and you think Wanda's not on yours. As well as the fact Wanda was a mutant until a retcon.
    What teams are you referring to? Honestly it's cause she killed a buncha Mutants and her actions took up aBout 10 years of X Storylines. If her fans didn't post and blame evvvvveeeryone but Darkseid for MDay the threads would be a looot shorter

What do you have against Vision?
    Have I posted anything about not liking Vision? I like him a lit more minus Wanda. His limited series with his robo family was excellent.
    Edit: Are you against Danger joining the X-men?

Depends on the creative team

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's pretty much the gist I've been getting from most of this thread though. It's okay for people to be racists as long as it's against the correct race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How have you gotten that read? Examples??
    There are so many things wrong with this statement I don't know where to start making fun of it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

Speaking of a garbage fire, she also helped Hope undo M-Day but guess that just doesn't cut it I guess for them, oh well guess will see her in the arena then where the mutans will revel in seeing her bloody corpse on the sand.
    was she gonna bring back the Mutants who all died? Nope
    GrindrStone(D)

Reminder that Hope and Wanda didn't undo M'Day, they triggered new mutants but the damage done by Wanda was still there.

And it was thanks to the Phoenix Force.

Like Scott was saying at the beginning.

Before Stark attacked the Phoenix and caused most of the damage.

Because why listen to the people who had dealt with the Phoenix before or had former Phoenix Hosts among their ranks.

Why.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Reminder that Hope and Wanda didn't undo M'Day, they triggered new mutants but the damage done by Wanda was still there.

And it was thanks to the Phoenix Force.

Like Scott was saying at the beginning.

Before Stark attacked the Phoenix and caused most of the damage.

Because why listen to the people who had dealt with the Phoenix before or had former Phoenix Hosts among their ranks.

Why.

Because it was an event and a lot of events have dumb stuff like that in them. They are pretty much written in a bubble.

Because it was an event and a lot of events have dumb stuff like that in them. They are pretty much written in a bubble.
    Is that the in universe explanation?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Is that the in universe explanation?
    Yes, comics are real. We are all characters with super powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well Honestly don't think there's been more than 3 times a poster on here called out vision and Wanda's marriage because he's a robot. it's a week ass metaphor to Begin with...Its not interacial Since Vision isn't a human... it'd be like someone falling in love With a sentient wolf...even if you consider Vision a human he's still patterned after Wonder Man....and WM and Wabda walking down the street wouldn't be seen as interacial. Yes I learned a lot from the X-Men for example providing proof of in my claims. No one here even cares enough about Wabda and Vision to even comment on their marriage on anger
    Considering we're discussing X-men why is one person doing that ok? Don't you believe racism should be stopped, regardless of who does it? Metaphoric or otherwise. I think we'd have a very different conversation had we been speaking about a race of people rather than a fictional robot, but you're missing where it's the same conversation since it's a metaphor for racism. Again, a relevant subject when X-men are built on that concept. Its not any weaker than any other metaphors in comics, you not liking it for whatever reason is irrelevant to be it being used in fiction. And it's super-hero comics, you should be used to weird things happening in Marvel by now. It's not like she's the only person who's done this, Hank Pym dated Jacosta. It's an interracial metaphor, he doesn't have to be human for it to work. You have learnt as much as you think when you're rejecting a metaphor for inter-racial dating and siding with the people who want to stamp it out. We've had a few people comment negatively on this, which you acknowledge and are apart of this group. You don't like Vision dating Wanda.

Again with bringing in Sinister when discussing Wanda No one mentioned him or his role in the Morlock Massacre. But since you did HIS body count is still waaaay lower than the SW....not even a drop in the bucket.
    Sinister's not being mentioned because it sinks their argument against Wanda as being hypocrisy. They'll support Sinister, who is everything Wanda isn't but she's Thanos somehow. She depowered the majority of mutants not killed them with a snap, and that was under duress. Sinister did that with a smile and he'd do it again.

What teams are you referring to? Honestly it's cause she killed a buncha Mutants and her actions took up aBout 10 years of X Storylines. If her fans didn't post and blame evvvvveeeryone but Darkseid for MDay the threads would be a looot shorter
    A sub-group in fandom who hate Wanda over M-day to ridiculous extremes. Since when has killing mutants been an action with has made people not support characters? Krakoa's filled with mutants who've killed mutants, many of which are on the Quiet Council and whenever someone holds them to account you're against it and unlike Wanda, they don't regret it. Nobody asking them to be put on probation or trials, some have betrayed the X-men recently and still have avid fan clubs supporting them. Don't make straw men of people who disagree with you. You're not interested in nuance the it comes to Wanda.

Have I posted anything about not liking Vision? I like him a lit more minus Wanda. His limited series with his robo family was excellent.
    You're brushing off the racist metaphor about Vision by reducing him to a "robot" as opposed to a living being, which he is in universe. Then why are you against him having a relationship with anybody? Inter-racial relationships has been a subject in media since at least 1967.

There's no consistency in your opinion of Vision, it changes whenever convenient. It's also petty to weaponise who he is to attack Wanda.

Depends on the creative team
    In universe and out of universe contexts apply to characters. Unless I'm mistaken none of her past has been retconned away, and she's been more malicious against mutants than Wanda ever was before Danger's heel turn. She's murdered mutants, and did it intentionally unlike Wanda. when are you going to hold her to account for it?

Correct me if I'm wrong...
    was she gonna bring back the Mutants who all died? Nope
    You mean, the graveyard in 616 as opposed to her supposedly killing every mutant in the multiverse as has been previously described? Once again, this becomes a thin excuse when the Morlocks doing by Sinister's hand are rendered beneath concern and unlike Wanda he actually meant it.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-07-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Yes, comics are real. We are all characters with super powers.
    Not all of us.

Poor flatscans. Imagine.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    You know, Wanda sucks. But she doesn't suck as much as Pietro. It was so satisfying watching Layla Miller get a one up on him over and over again. That loser got beaten by a little girl. Like, the decimation is more his fault than Wanda's - I mean she still sucks, don't get me wrong... just not as much as that loser. It's like comparing NAV and French Montana, you know they both suck but you know who is worse.
    on behalf of the xboards, I want to reiterate thay we dont blame Quickailver in any way, shape or form.
    He is more than welcome to Krakoa at any time, sweetie, we forgive you!