View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 88 of 123 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1837

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I was stating the obvious about what they were doing. Everyone knows Wanda’s heritage and they didn’t phase them in the least, Wanda didn’t stop being Romani because they hate her. This is simply the latest attack, this thread and others are filled with it. It’s fine to dislike characters but this goes overboard. That was the implications of the discussion being had, which included the phrase “murder on sight.” Wanda’s fictional, so they’re not hurting a real person but if they were would that give you pause? Especially given this is on a forum about minority metaphors and its jarring to see this react to an actual real minority being represented.

This isn’t about subjectivity about how Romani are addressed in comics, which is a worthy discussion in itself. It’s about this specific character getting far too much heat while they let other characters get a pass who did worse things. It has nothing to do with the people she’s hurt, it’s what she represents. Which is something Scott, Apocalypse, Shaw, Sinister, Namor or Emma don’t get.

That’s an understatement. They hate the characters for many reasons, not all of it logically. They hate her so much they’ve tried to take away her status as a minority for that horrible comment to be normalised. A comment that would be bad aimed at any demographic.

They’ve been trying to change the subject, which was about that ghastly comment - not me. Silly me for speaking up about murdering a minority character. I called the comment about Wanda being murdered on sight disgusting. But now I’m curious, do you have more than one account? I wasn’t speaking to you in that short exchange.
    You are the only one to have brought race into it.

I feel it's much more likely that they wouldn't hate Wanda if she had always been an X-Men. It's always seemed to be more of a thing about her not having spent that much time with the cause.

I've never seen once someone on this board even hint at hating her because she's Romani. That's something that you decided to weaponize and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop.

About the allegory. It has always personally failed to me that they were mostly white and straight. But I feel that's something that has slowly improved. And like with most things of similar vein in comics, could always use more.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

In a temper tantrum she nearly wiped out an entire race of people.

So yea, she definitely needs to stand trial and be found for guilty for all of the lives lost and damage done to a minority population.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Mutants are by definition humans as much as Sapiens are humans too, so no, mutants weren't "made humans" by HoM, they were randered powerless, which is very different.
    And also, powers are not what's defining who is a mutant, many of them were already powerless before HoM.
    Having an active X-gene is what's defining who is a mutant, and THAT is the Reason why many of the Depowered lost their Identity as mutants, not the loss of powers they might not even had had beforehand, but the loss of their X-gene.
    Well… showing powers is showing that you are 'one of them'…

Being pariahs is what have defined them since the manisfestation of the powers. Rejected by the society, they have found a 'family' with people like them. It's a part of their identity. In a way, they have been 'created' as mutants by people who have rejected them.

They may have not reach their full potential as individual but they are valued as a person just because of what they are. They don't have to do anything special: they are mutants.

And suddenly they are depowered, stripped of their 'identity', they are not 'human' but they are not really 'mutant' anymore. Pariahs among pariahs.

They could have make a group of their own, the group of the 'depowered' but there's this terrible nostalgy and they probably didn't have develop other talents, that could have defined them they could have been proud of… They are depressed people… and easily to manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Wanda is better off not being related to Magneto and all the toxicity coming from it.
    If Magneto isn't written as a decent guy (he has thought that Wanda was her daughter during years…), I don't see the point either.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I was stating the obvious about what they were doing. Everyone knows Wanda’s heritage and they didn’t phase them in the least, Wanda didn’t stop being Romani because they hate her. This is simply the latest attack, this thread and others are filled with it. It’s fine to dislike characters but this goes overboard. That was the implications of the discussion being had, which included the phrase “murder on sight.” Wanda’s fictional, so they’re not hurting a real person but if they were would that give you pause? Especially given this is on a forum about minority metaphors and its jarring to see this react to an actual real minority being represented.

This isn’t about subjectivity about how Romani are addressed in comics, which is a worthy discussion in itself. It’s about this specific character getting far too much heat while they let other characters get a pass who did worse things. It has nothing to do with the people she’s hurt, it’s what she represents. Which is something Scott, Apocalypse, Shaw, Sinister, Namor or Emma don’t get.

That’s an understatement. They hate the characters for many reasons, not all of it logically. They hate her so much they’ve tried to take away her status as a minority for that horrible comment to be normalised. A comment that would be bad aimed at any demographic.

They’ve been trying to change the subject, which was about that ghastly comment - not me. Silly me for speaking up about murdering a minority character. I called the comment about Wanda being murdered on sight disgusting. But now I’m curious, do you have more than one account? I wasn’t speaking to you in that short exchange.
    This is a big reach no one hates her because she's a romani people hate her because she almost wiped out a species and was cause for one of the worst generations of X-Books.

I was stating the obvious about what they were doing. Everyone knows Wanda’s heritage and they didn’t phase them in the least, Wanda didn’t stop being Romani because they hate her. This is simply the latest attack, this thread and others are filled with it. It’s fine to dislike characters but this goes overboard. That was the implications of the discussion being had, which included the phrase “murder on sight.” Wanda’s fictional, so they’re not hurting a real person but if they were would that give you pause? Especially given this is on a forum about minority metaphors and its jarring to see this react to an actual real minority being represented. .
    Um I didn't...
    You keep repeating this...are you saying it should?

This isn’t about subjectivity about how Romani are addressed in comics, which is a worthy discussion in itself. It’s about this specific character getting far too much heat while they let other characters get a pass who did worse things. It has nothing to do with the people she’s hurt, it’s what she represents. Which is something Scott, Apocalypse, Shaw, Sinister, Namor or Emma don’t get. .

lol well they've never done anything as sh!tty as Wanda soooooo...
    Different actions call for different Reactions
    GrindrStone(D)

Emma and Cyclops were judged and sent to prison. Wanda got to walk away for free and literally got zero heat from her actions, except for the X-Men being (rightfully so) mad at her.

The whole talk about possession doesn't mean she's innocent. She went to Doom herself to play with forbidden magics and it resulted in a bunch of people dying. That's what supervillains do. And the P5 were possessed and didn't seek the P Force for themselves, but they were still put under trial.

This thread is becoming too messy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Emma and Cyclops were judged and sent to prison. Wanda got to walk away for free and literally got zero heat from her actions, except for the X-Men being (rightfully so) mad at her.

The whole talk about possession doesn't mean she's innocent. She went to Doom herself to play with forbidden magics and it resulted in a bunch of people dying. That's what supervillains do. And the P5 were possessed and didn't seek the P Force for themselves, but they were still put under trial.

This thread is becoming too messy lol.
    So if people die because of the QC’s involvement with villains, you’ll hate the all X-Men directly involved too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So if people die because of the QC’s involvement with villains, you’ll hate the all X-Men directly involved too, right?
    What is this redirecting the Wanda stuff to the QC trend?

What is this redirecting the Wanda stuff to the QC trend?
    Because judging ones legitimacy to a claim must include evaluating whether they are hypocritical or not.

So..who killed Kate Pryde?

BANNED

Because judging ones legitimacy to a claim must include evaluating whether they are hypocritical or not.

So..who killed Kate Pryde?
    the sea, next question

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the sea, next question
    Why does beef brisket taste so good?

As far as we know, Xavier put telepathic suggestions in Sinister's head to make sure he won't go Dr.Doom on him, while went there without caring about anybody else. Plus there's a not so subtle difference between trying everything to save your species and reaching Dr.Doom of all people to get back your imaginary children. But I digress.

I'll need to see what would possibly bring the death of all those people and how the QC is involved to judge.

The more logical comparison would be to the P5, since it's stuff that actually happened and we can compare. In a very similar situation, the Avengers sent Scott and Emma to jail, but they were okay with what Wanda did (even without knowing the Dr.Doom situation beforehand). That's the issue with Wanda.

BANNED

Why does beef brisket taste so good?
    because brisket muscles include the superficial and deep pectorals wich while it can make it harder to cook, once its done properly with a variety of seasoning it becomes one of the juciest and tastiest cut of beef you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol well they've never done anything as sh!tty as Wanda soooooo...
    Different actions call for different Reactions
    Sinister stripped all mutant on the planet of their powers. He did exactly what Wanda did. He didn't even have any excuse about being used, or under stress, or tapping into powers he didn't understand. He just thought it would be a good idea to do so. He wasn't sorry about it either.

As far as we know, Xavier put telepathic suggestions in Sinister's head to make sure he won't go Dr.Doom on him, while went there without caring about anybody else. Plus there's a not so subtle difference between trying everything to save your species and reaching Dr.Doom of all people to get back your imaginary children. But I digress.

I'll need to see what would possibly bring the death of all those people and how the QC is involved to judge.

The more logical comparison would be to the P5, since it's stuff that actually happened and we can compare. In a very similar situation, the Avengers sent Scott and Emma to jail, but they were okay with what Wanda did (even without knowing the Dr.Doom situation beforehand). That's the issue with Wanda.
    Again, simply going to a villain for help with a problem is something heroes do all the time. You just dislike the villain and the reason she did it. And him taking advantage of the situation makes him the villain, not her.

And even the P5 isn’t 100% comparable. Neither Scott nor Wanda wanted to become possessed by their respective “forces”, but Scott was fine with that burden being put on someone else. Without even setting her up with the most qualified person to train her (lol kicking a teenage girl in the uterus prepares her for hosting the Phoenix). So I guess he’s culpable in a lot of ways by way of gross negligence. And it’s always awkward when Magneto, of all people, tells you you’re going overboard.

Of course, Tony saved Scott from actually being responsible for anything bad happening, so there’s that saving grace.