View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 85 of 123 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1837

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    No, she should just be murdered on sight.

Ding dong

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    No, she should just be murdered on sight.
    I guess any time a hero gets possessed, they should just be killed outright then.

There goes the neighborhood...

Extraordinary Member

She should have a scarlet F worn on herself at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I guess any time a hero gets possessed, they should just be killed outright then.

There goes the neighborhood...
    And at least 90% of people that have even been on an X-team.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She should have a scarlet F worn on herself at all times.
    I agree; F for Fabulous!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Ding dong
    Laughing about murdering a Romani woman, who used to be a mutant, while giving white men a pass for the same crimes. Disgusting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Laughing about murdering a Romani woman, who used to be a mutant, while giving white men a pass for the same crimes. Disgusting.
    Her having a belly dancer costumes, being an allegory for the anti christ, and pretty much every horrible stereotype that have been used agaist real romani women, like being exotic/mystical/the forbidden fruit for every male in her team, commiting genocide by using said dark magic, is already disgusting.
    She isnt representation, she is a stereotype of the highest order that doesnt deserve any shielding.
    Roma deserve a better character that wonza.
    Last edited by Ferro; 05-23-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Her having a belly dancer costumes, being an allegory for the anti christ, and pretty much every horrible stereotype that have been used agaist real romani women, like being exotic/mystical/the forbidden fruit for every male in her team, commiting genocide by using said dark magic, is already disgusting.
    She isnt represenation she is a stereotype of the highest order that doesnt deserve any shielding.
    Roma deserve a better character that wonza.
    Please, you don't know anything about her. Read Avengers comics she's in. Don't use the Romani people as a shield to hate a fictional character. It's puzzling how you're not respective of actual minorities who appear in comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Please, you don't know anything about her. Read Avengers comics she's in. Don't use the Romani people as a shield to hate a fictional character. It's puzzling how you're not respective of actual minorities who appear in comics.
    I actually know and live with romani people that have told me what they think, you literaly put wanda's 90's costume next to a google search of "G word costume" and its pratically the same thing.
    She is a stereotype and harmfull representation. the fact shes a fucking witch is already a harmful choice, whose powers come from the highest form of evil on the universe from birth.

BANNED

vs

find the difrences

vs

find the difrences
    One's not wearing undergarments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    One's not wearing undergarments.
    thank you, you are very correct once more my friend

Extraordinary Member

Gotta agree with Ferro on this one. There have been many attempts to turn Wanda and Pietro into positive representation, most recently Pietro's miniseries. It never works. They never had that background until 1979-80 and it was introduced only because they wanted their adopted dad Django Maximoff to have magic powers. It's the same thing with Doom's mother, and Nightcrawler's adopted family - it's all the same exact stereotype and it has nothing to do with the real thing. So yeah, laughing at her death is wrong, but only because Doom goes unpunished.

Plus we all know her George Pérez outfit had nothing to do with representation and everything to do with his fetish for drawing Wanda in skimpy outfits. He actually was so into the outfit that he drew her wearing it at least one month before she was officially supposed to start wearing it, and the writer had to create some super-hasty Marvel Method dialogue to explain it.

This reminds me of Bendis's House of M tie-in in "The Pulse" (his all-ages Jessica Jones comic) where Hawkeye calls Wanda "that dingy gypsy," but I can't find the panel. It's just hilarious how much Bendis made every character hate Wanda, someone they all loved until 3 seconds before he started writing her.

thank you, you are very correct once more my friend
    Oh YAY I was right!! Side note Wanda's outfit is absolute trash. How the **** are you fighting while having the kitty out for the world to see!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oh YAY I was right!! Side note Wanda's outfit is absolute trash. How the **** are you fighting while having the kitty out for the world to see!
    because its totaly what a modern romani woman in 90's would wear :P