View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 10 of 123 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    People seem to have forgotten than. Quesada wanted the number of mutants cut way back from the start of his tenure as EIC. Way before House of Me was even thought of he wanted a way to get that done.
    I remember, it is just irrelevant to the involvement of the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Nothing to do with Wanda fans, I just see it as a dark age of X-Men stories and the stench taints the meal Hickman is trying to prepare.
    i mean it was tonaly dark, but the quality of those stories of that time is still foundly remembered.
    the messiah trilogy, the move to san francisco, all great stories with a very dark and bleak time sure but only on that because the stories were good and deserve to be referenced

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i mean it was tonaly dark, but the quality of those stories of that time is still foundly remembered.
    the messiah trilogy, the move to san francisco, all great stories with a very dark and bleak time sure but only on that because the stories were good and deserve to be referenced
    Sorry, I should not give the impression that everything was crap, I did like everything being built up in the Messiah Trilogy (and probably one of the few who liked Hope and even Generation Hope) so it just reminds me again of the Avengers hijacking an X-Men story. The mutants didn't even save themselves, "The Pretender" did.

It is not that I do not think a quality story could not come from a trial or some sort of resolution, I just don't trust it to happen and think that more likely it would instead send things off the rails again, and personally I have moved so far past it and if I was worried about unresolved plots and conflicts it would be really far down the list anyway.

Yes and she should win the trial. The drama

I'd love to see her on krakoa righting her wrongs and claiming her rightful place among the mutants.

Franklin as well lols
    Long live strange and powerful Krakoa!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I want to say yes if only to finally give Wanda a proper redemption arc. Unlike her brother, she didn’t really get one so much as a ham-fisted hand waved excuse that only made X-fans hate her more. She deserves to have a chance like Apocalypse and her father is being given.

A lot would depend on if Wanda is a mutant and/or the daughter of Magneto. What does it mean if Wanda is Magneto’s human daughter? Would Max try to defend her anyway as he has so many times in the past. Or does he allow her to face judgement, even recusing himself from all proceedings. The Avengers may have to allow Krakoa to extradite her, since the UN formally recognized and admitted them. Hawkeye wouldn’t give a flying fuck and would try to jump into a gateway anyway. Several times. Before finally giving up.

Would Wanda be proud and resist judgement like in Uncanny Avengers? Does she show remorse as she did in Children’s Crusade? What about Speed and Wiccan, are they bought in as evidence? Of course, Pietro wouldn’t be far behind in all this.

If she’s human, they legally can’t give her the death sentence, but imprisonment is certainly not out of the question. However, it would be more pragmatic of the QC to make her do ‘community service’. Also, no way Marvel would allow Wanda to disappear from comics so close to her show dropping and her appearance in Doctor Strange. If she’s a mutant, then is this the one crime that even Krakoa can’t forgive, or does her record get wiped and allow her to walk free? I imagine there would be conditions, like needing to undergo ‘re-education’ while essentially being under house arrest. Who would try to befriend her in hope of healing the rift between mutantdom and it’s lost daughter? Kurt of course, possibly Jean and Lorna. Emma, Kate, and Betsy would have to restrain themselves from c%n+ punting her every time they see her. Jubilee would never let her hold Shogo.

A ‘Trial of Wanda Maximoff’ would make for a compelling tale. I just hope it would actually put this all to rest the way CC was supposed to.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I want to say yes if only to finally give Wanda a proper redemption arc. Unlike her brother, she didn’t really get one so much as a ham-fisted hand waved excuse that only made X-fans hate her more. She deserves to have a chance like Apocalypse and her father is being given.

A lot would depend on if Wanda is a mutant and/or the daughter of Magneto. What does it mean if Wanda is Magneto’s human daughter? Would Max try to defend her anyway as he has so many times in the past. Or does he allow her to face judgement, even recusing himself from all proceedings. The Avengers may have to allow Krakoa to extradite her, since the UN formally recognized and admitted them. Hawkeye wouldn’t give a flying fuck and would try to jump into a gateway anyway. Several times. Before finally giving up.

Would Wanda be proud and resist judgement like in Uncanny Avengers? Does she show remorse as she did in Children’s Crusade? What about Speed and Wiccan, are they bought in as evidence? Of course, Pietro wouldn’t be far behind in all this.

If she’s human, they legally can’t give her the death sentence, but imprisonment is certainly not out of the question. However, it would be more pragmatic of the QC to make her do ‘community service’. Also, no way Marvel would allow Wanda to disappear from comics so close to her show dropping and her appearance in Doctor Strange. If she’s a mutant, then is this the one crime that even Krakoa can’t forgive, or does her record get wiped and allow her to walk free? I imagine there would be conditions, like needing to undergo ‘re-education’ while essentially being under house arrest. Who would try to befriend her in hope of healing the rift between mutantdom and it’s lost daughter? Kurt of course, possibly Jean and Lorna. Emma, Kate, and Betsy would have to restrain themselves from c%n+ punting her every time they see her. Jubilee would never let her hold Shogo.

A ‘Trial of Wanda Maximoff’ would make for a compelling tale. I just hope it would actually put this all to rest the way CC was supposed to.
    Emphasis on the bolded, since as I and others here mentioned already, Quicksilver was just as culpable in his own way for House of M, yet still got himself something of a redemption arc like you mentioned, while the Scarlet Witch wasn't allowed to appear in the comics proper for years. Double standard, anyone?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Emphasis on the bolded, since as I and others here mentioned already, Quicksilver was just as culpable in his own way for House of M, yet still got himself something of a redemption arc like you mentioned, while the Scarlet Witch wasn't allowed to appear in the comics proper for years. Double standard, anyone?
    This was discussed in the Scarlet Witch appreciation thread. The explanation was that the writers weren't that invested in Wanda as a character so this may be that Quicksilver is more popular. Which is terrible. Broovert is a hands off editor who lets his writers use what characters they want, apparently. I agree it does come off as a double standard. It's like Wanda has no-one in her corner protecting her at Marvel at present.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This was discussed in the Scarlet Witch appreciation thread. The explanation was that the writers weren't that invested in Wanda as a character so this may be that Quicksilver is more popular. Which is terrible. Broovert is a hands off editor who lets his writers use what characters they want, apparently. I agree it does come off as a double standard. It's like Wanda has no-one in her corner protecting her at Marvel at present.
    That would explain a lot, actually.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Pietro lucked out in having Peter David on the x-comics trying to rehabilitate him after the fall out of House/Son of M (like he did in the 90s), twice even! and Christos Gage on Avengers Academy to do the same. After X-Factor ended and the Axis retcon took hold, Gerry Duggan wrote him in a very fun and positive take. Thanks to the auspices of the Lady Alana Smith and her Quicksilver Everywhere Agenda, he got a mini. She has made assurances to the masses that she’s always trying to put him somewhere whenever she can get away with. So he’s been pretty fortunate in having at least one person in his corner wherever he ended up in the Marvel universe.

Unfortunately, they didn’t extend the same protection to Wanda. Peter David depicted her as being very unbalanced and a space cadet in X-Factor, Gage wrote her as manipulative and ominous in the Civil War: HoM mini, and Duggan um

B68B3680-D8EA-49DF-BCBC-3787C9B3CFF3.jpg

Worse, when she did come back, Wanda fell into the clutches of Rick Remender. As we all know, that particular take did not go over well with the x-fandom. James Robinson has to push to get her a solo. As of today, she has Jim Zub. Hopefully he can do what he can for her, but what she really needs is support among the editorship. Honestly, that’s how Pietro bounced back from Steve Englehart in the 80s; Bob Harris loved him, and most of his stories from that period are either written or edited by him.

May Jonathan Hickman and Jordan White show a shred of mercy on her soul, should a Trial of Wanda Maximoff actually happen.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 03-05-2020 at 07:27 PM.

No. Wanda should have been the third X-Woman.

E10238E1-E2E1-43D2-A4D7-67A7C6600FF7.jpg

Wanda on the X-side would've gotten drown out by all the other major X-ladies. I'm happy with her being an Avenger.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

No, I just want all the characters to move on and I don´t think a trial would be neccesary and as some posters said, Wanda is an Avengers character who will get more development once her series is out, I am almost sure of it so no need to keep dragging a 15 year old story.

Still I agree that emotionally all the characters need a litte more closure, Children´s crusade wasn´t bad per se, I love Heinbergs writting, my only problem with that was that the X-men were presented as antagonist and given they were the offended party that didn´t help neither the characters or the readers to move on from the story, lest not even talk about AvX that was just X-men vilification in an X-men story to prop up the Avengers imo. No what I think would help is if all the characters came clean over their feelings of the event and a better solution than crucible was found for the depowered mutants

On the other hand I am sure Hickman has other ideas and we probably will see them in a not so distant future but given Wanda belongs to other editorial office maybe he will just keep the situtation contained to the X-books and have Wanda appear once on the X-books once or twice if this happens I hope her and the X-men characterization is keep balanced and true to their character story.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I say Yes....she deserves to be put on trial for the damn mutants who died cause she wanted her fake kids back. The way I imagine it...
    She goes to trial
    She loses the trial
    Sentence to burn (cause shes a witch lol)
    Avengers come to rescue her...they think they 'Trump' the law
    They get defeated
    Wanda is awaiting her death (thinking the Afterlife will be peaceful)
    Out walks Eimin Worthington aka Eimin Thee Apocalypse
    She turns out her Chronokinetic augmenting powers
    Traps the SW into eternally burning for her crimes.
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I say Yes....she deserves to be put on trial for the damn mutants who died cause she wanted her fake kids back. The way I imagine it...
    She goes to trial
    She loses the trial
    Sentence to burn (cause shes a witch lol)
    Avengers come to rescue her...they think they 'Trump' the law
    They get defeated
    Wanda is awaiting her death (thinking the Afterlife will be peaceful)
    Out walks Eimin Worthington aka Eimin Thee Apocalypse
    She turns out her Chronokinetic augmenting powers
    Traps the SW into eternally burning for her crimes.
    The flaw in your scenario is believing the Avengers would come to rescue her.

It's still hilarious and sad after all these years that in "Avengers: The Children's Crusade," when Wiccan hears about M-Day, he immediately asks who was actually responsible for controlling Wanda, since obviously someone so heroic and selfless would never have done such a thing. And all her so-called friends are like, nope, she did it, that's why we've never said a good word about her or even tried to find her since this happened.

The writing of "House of M" was so out of character it infected all the Avengers with OOC disease, so that it took like 5 years before even one character brought up the obvious point that maybe one of their best heroes, who gets possessed all the time, wasn't guilty? And it took like 2 more years before the Avengers would even consider the possibility.