View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That happened once and you're ignoring the circumstances, like a big reason she did was by being manipulated by Quicksilver in a moment of distress. It's not her default, her default is being a hero. Magik has a more consistent history, both being a demon lord of a hell dimension and when she's not being possessed by her demon side, than Wanda ever did. Magik is currently leading an X-Team at the moment.

Cyclops enslaved the world once, as a member in the Pheonix Five. Should he be put on trial for that by Krakatoa?

The are numerous other examples and that's before getting to the genuine villains.
    Cyclops was sent to die in a prison with no trial, so is it really a 1:1 comparison? He did run away, but he was killed by the mists and had his name villified worldwide for something he actually did not and editorial made an entire storyline about him taking the blame for everything and being suicidal. Wanda is just getting the part of being villified and it isn't even on the same scale, is it? She's only villified by mutants. If humans find out she was never a mutant and she helped push them further into extinction, she'd probably be loved by most regular humans in-universe lol

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Ugh, Shaara and K'yrhri, NO! No panel time for the pretender! They're obviously rewriting the mythology of mutants as the new gods of this planet and reclaiming their destiny in the multiverse going forward. They've obvi appointed The Witch as their lore's 'devil' so let her have that impact on the younger/reborn mutants while Xavier diplomatically delivers her a telegram that simply declares her an enemy of their nation with denied access to it or any of its resources.

As far as people saying having Sinister around is hypocrisy- well, sure, but it's better to have him right under their noses where they can monitor him under the guise of trust rather than have some historically unstable magical nuke who defaults to an anti mutant sentiment everytime she loses her cool, walking around on the island, planting turnips.
    Choosing a real life person (for them) to be the devil is dangerous because someone can say "maybe we should kill the devil""maybe i should do it" because this is a risk of feeding people with hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Not only this but Marvel tends to make Powerful Women mentally ill, evil or not able to handle the power (Dark Phoenix, HoM Wanda)

This cost Jean to be dead for years and Wanda being out of comics until the Children Crussade
    Jean problem was that she was abused, it's more nuanced than women getting powerful and losing it.

the other problem for Jean is that Marvel never approaches dark phoenix as it was: a tale of sexual abuse and chooses to frame it just as a woman losing because she is too powerful.
    I think it is a big disservice for the character

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Ugh, Shaara and K'yrhri, NO! No panel time for the pretender! They're obviously rewriting the mythology of mutants as the new gods of this planet and reclaiming their destiny in the multiverse going forward. They've obvi appointed The Witch as their lore's 'devil' so let her have that impact on the younger/reborn mutants while Xavier diplomatically delivers her a telegram that simply declares her an enemy of their nation with denied access to it or any of its resources.

As far as people saying having Sinister around is hypocrisy- well, sure, but it's better to have him right under their noses where they can monitor him under the guise of trust rather than have some historically unstable magical nuke who defaults to an anti mutant sentiment everytime she loses her cool, walking around on the island, planting turnips.
    Sinister already betrayed X-men on another life and he is about to betray them again
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-07-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Wanda isn't a mutant, she's a human. Sinister, Apocalypse, and Selene have all done awful things, but for the sake of a united Mutant front, they've been allowed to join alongside the X-Men on Krakoa. Instead of wasting their energies fighting one another, they'd rather everyone work together, good or bad. We know Wanda alone wasn't responsible for M-Day, but she was still the weapon utilized to cause it. Mutants have a reason not to trust, and fear what she can do. They aren't going to say positive things about Stryker, or Trask either.

Mighty Member

Sinister is quite literally not a mutant.

And does not strive for Mutant supremacy. He's playing along cause He's sinister and that's what he does.

Even in this new era, he's quite literally the mutant equivalent of Blackface.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Sinister is quite literally not a mutant.

And does not strive for Mutant supremacy. He's playing along cause He's sinister and that's what he does.

Even in this new era, he's quite literally the mutant equivalent of Blackface.
    Didn't Hickman retconed him into being a mutant now?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Didn't Hickman retconed him into being a mutant now?.
    NO

Did people not read HoX/PoX?

They explicitly state he's a human using Warpath's DNA to track as Mutant.

He's as much a Mutant as Rachel Dolezal is Black.

Sinister has Mutant DNA now. Besides that, he's been more affiliated with Mutants than Wanda ever has, and his knowledge is vital to Krakoa (which was stated by Xavier).

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Sinister has Mutant DNA now. Besides that, he's been more affiliated with Mutants than Wanda ever has, and his knowledge is vital to Krakoa (which was stated by Xavier).
    Sinister was responsible for marauders massacring Morlocks. really great dude

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sinister was responsible for marauders massacring Morlocks. really great dude
    That doesn't negate the things I've said.

That doesn't negate the things I've said.
    only the second part, because krakoa needs his dna bank

Mighty Member

Betsy being in Kwannon's body for decades never once made her Asian.

Sinister stealing WARPATH's DNA does not make him a mutant.

I know one's a fake made up minority and another isn't, but from their perspective, it should be as equally fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Betsy being in Kwannon's body for decades never once made her Asian.

Sinister stealing WARPATH's DNA does not make him a mutant.

I know one's a fake made up minority and another isn't, but from their perspective, it should be as equally fucked.
    Maybe someone will deal with that. But it doesn't change anything else I've said. Sinister's knowledge of mutant DNA makes makes him important to Krakoa. He's been cloning Mutants for years now. They're willing to look past grievances for his expertise.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Sinister is explicitly a deal with the devil that Xavier and Magneto made, one that Moira was unaware of and did not approve of. His database with the DNA backup of every mutant is one of the building blocks necessary for the resurrection protocols to work which are themselves a core component of the run if not the nation of Krakoa itself. Also I have no doubt that there will be a price for his inclusion to be paid later.

As to is he a mutant? Yes.No.Maybe.but really who cares? Comic book science isn't real it's is magic by another name so all we can state with any certainty is that he is accepted as a mutant. Its also entirely possible that there will be a cost for that as well or else why bring up who's DNA he spliced to get that result.

As far as the question with Wanda goes, yes she does need to do *something*. What that thing is, I don't know nor do I particularly care but they should do something to at least partially rehabilitate her character with X-Men fans.

I want her with the mutants now, lols.
    After careful thought ofc.

If they retcon her back into a mutant.