View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 46 of 123 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Well, as long as she looked good being a murderer, then I guess it's ok?
    as long as she looks good? always.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    and the scarlet witch fanatics have truly hit a new low

Extraordinary Member

Well, I don't think she looks very good here zapping Jean Grey into the ground as usual. (It's X-Men Forever, so no one cares what happens there, but Wanda always beats Jean in every continuity for some reason.)

and the scarlet witch fanatics have truly hit a new low
    Scarlet Witch fanatics know that if she is portrayed as a murderer or self-hating mutant it's a writing mistake, and so in House of M we are free to enjoy the awesome Coipel art, knowing that she's not a murderer no matter what the writer says.

The saddest thing about her absence from comics is that so many artists love to draw her but rarely get the chance. Coipel, Cheung... they really need to get more Wanda assignments.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-05-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, I don't think she looks very good here zapping Jean Grey into the ground as usual. (It's X-Men Forever, so no one cares what happens there, but Wanda always beats Jean in every continuity for some reason.)

Leave my other queen out of this omg

She suffered enough, they invented being out of comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My biggest problem with her is that Mavel never gave her a redemption story. They just put her in limbo and when she came back tried to say it someone else's fault. That was a copout and it prevented people from changing their opinions on her. To add to that, they also had her usurp Hope's storyline in AvX as if her story arc to be the mutant messiah wouldnt have happened without Wanda. That didnt ring genuine as an attempt to have Wanda right her wrongs either
    Agree with all that. There's no substitute for an arc. Quicksilver barely did anything to atone for what he did in HoM and the even worse things he did in Son of M, but because he was in comics, we got to see him transition back to being a hero and it felt like he'd made a journey back, even though technically he got away with everything.

If Children's Crusade had been done earlier as planned, and Wanda had spent some time on the Avengers or in an ongoing X-Book before AvX started, I think her transition back would have been much smoother. Instead Crusade ended just as it was time for AvX to star.

We can't negate she served hair, body and face in those panels tho

Oh no let's not push the #kween narrative on the genocidal witch. The only thing she should serve is a sentence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh no let's not push the #kween narrative on the genocidal witch. The only thing she should serve is a sentence.
    Beauty = goodness is a thing. I mean in the original Brotherhood, the actual evil characters were all ugly and Wanda and Pietro were pretty and therefore not evil. Magneto started to be drawn handsomer around the time Claremont decided he wasn't a bad guy.

This may explain why every time writers try to turn Pietro bad, they have the artists draw him ugly.

Red face

But she proclaims herself the queen of chaos when she's bloodlusted tho

Serve her sentence in the runway maybe, if some people out there can claim glass cannons and not immortal as "gods" i can claim she's a beauty queen
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-05-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Could the mutant population, at least, shave her head bald for her crimes.

I’m sure Wanda would think it’s brutal torture.

Or better yet, since she’s a scarlet witch, put a scarlet letter on her. Do the M-tattoo that Bishop, Layla and Madrox have over her own face.

She was in limbo for what like 7 years which was a long time by comic standards. Marvel missed the oppurtunity to kill her off in HoM or had her imprisoned during this time bc they werent really using her much anyway

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was in limbo for what like 7 years which was a long time by comic standards. Marvel missed the oppurtunity to kill her off in HoM or had her imprisoned during this time bc they werent really using her much anyway
    My impression was that Children's Crusade, which had been in the works before House of M happened, was supposed to start with Wanda living in her home country as someone who may or may not have lost her memory. And when the story got delayed, instead of using her for something else, they just kept her on ice, so the few times she was seen, it was always exactly the way she looked/lived at the end of HoM.

I give credit to Children's Crusade though that it actually referenced the stories where Hawkeye and Beast met her, and it didn't shy away from mentioning post-HoM X-Men stories about mutants who died because their powers were lost. Say what you will about the story making the X-Men look bad (and it's true, Scott in particular was way out of character), it's the only story that tried to really grapple with what Wanda had done and what the fallout would be.

The only thing she should serve is a sentence.
    lmfao when I tell you this line sent me to the great beyond and back

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did anyone like her romance with Nightcrawler in WatX?

Then there’s the whole Nocturne from AU.
    I dug it....I actually lliked the point in Nocturnes Exiles when she was rocking the braids and 'thinking of herself as a colored person'
    That's funny, that's exactly what turns through my mind whenever Marvel give an Avenger a solo series.
    lol reeeeedic
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Can see it now random throw of s**t some random mutant yelling "Robot F****r!!! Voodoo B***h"
    lol cracked me effin up
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Unless Pietro straight up told her to erase mutants with her plot powers that he would have to had helped her get, I dont see how any of it is his fault.

Pietro could have done anything he wanted, but had she not had the lifeforce none of this would have happened. She meddled with things she shouldn't have and trusted the wrong people.

Pietro or anyone for that matter will never share guilt with her for MDay.
    Right!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's the kind of thread that doesn't make me regret my long lost school days…

ooooh do tell.,,
    I always think it's disgraceful that Scarlet Witch fanatics try to bring poor Pietro down with her evil.
    Quicksilver sweetie, we forgive you! You are more than welcome on Krakoa.
    agreed
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol cracked me effin up
    Curious. You do know the metaphor for those who disagree with Wanda dating Vision was that she was "dating outside her own race."

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Curious. You do know the metaphor for those who disagree with Wanda dating Vision was that she was "dating outside her own race."
    Like her human race?
    GrindrStone(D)