View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 53 of 123 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope that Hickman will solve it/do something about so we can either rest or hate harder (kidding)

Check out my pitch in the Pitch Me a Story: Mojo thread. I did a reality thing on Krakoa like that but you probably won't like what I did with Wanda.
    AvX 3 is coming, I can see it on the horizon, F4/X-men was just the beginning.

Heck any potential "Trial of Scarlett Witch" practically the begginging of AvX 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'd like to see an issue where everyone verbally trashes Wanda in one of those Bendis interview style issues. Then she admits what she did was petty and wrong with no excuses. Then we can move on and keep her in away from the X-Books
    Naaaah, that wouldn't end it. Come on, we know this, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Jean is proof that a big fanbase or forums are (sadly for Jean because I like her) not enough to make a character relevant again or get her out of Limbo. Jean was dead for 15 years but she was on everyone's tongue, but the big difference compared to Wanda was that she was a big part of the mythos, so she left behind a legacy that eventually brought her back and as a center figure to the X-Men.

The Avengers moved on from Wanda asap and the only legacy she left to the mutant world was destruction, death and bad times.

That's why she's irrelevant now. Unless we count bickering on the forums or her fans appreciate hatred as a form of recognition.

Btw, she still needs to stand trial for HoM.

Edit: I understand that this sounds bait-y the way I've written it. But it all started from a bait-y post.
    She was always relevant. Even in death her presence was felt. She was brought up alot and her legacy was often used as a plot point or driving force for the characters

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    AvX 3 is coming, I can see it on the horizon, F4/X-men was just the beginning.

Heck any potential "Trial of Scarlett Witch" practically the begginging of AvX 3.
    Keep hoping. Maybe for the 20th anniversary, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda is the poster child for mutants who never went and trained at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.

Did Wanda ever go to a school?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wanda is the poster child for mutants who never went and trained at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters.

Did Wanda ever go to a school?
    nope that's why shes a mess in every sense of the word

You can learn more outside of school than in it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You can learn more outside of school than in it anyway.
    said no one, ever

to be fair, why would anyone realistically want to go to a school that gets blown up every other semester?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    LOL Not sure what dream land you're living in. Maybe Polaris would defend her and maybe Jean because she wasn't there but apart from that, even Nightcrawler and Storm would help chop down the trees to make pitchforks.
    Scott would defend her because he's also been falsely accused of being a genocidal monster and he knows what that's like. Plus early X-Men issues suggested he had a crush on her and Jean was jealous of the competition (she shouldn't be, she and Wanda are basically the same person anyway).

Remember, Wanda turned into a self-hating mutant with no buildup or justification in HoM for DRAMA. The X-Men will randomly defend or hate Wanda in AvX III for the same reasons. DRAMA!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Scott would defend her because he's also been falsely accused of being a genocidal monster and he knows what that's like. Plus early X-Men issues suggested he had a crush on her and Jean was jealous of the competition (she shouldn't be, she and Wanda are basically the same person anyway).

Remember, Wanda turned into a self-hating mutant with no buildup or justification in HoM for DRAMA. The X-Men will randomly defend or hate Wanda in AvX III for the same reasons. DRAMA!

No way in hell Scott defends Wanda. You really going to pull up some crush he may or may not have had back in the 60s when he was a teen as why he might go easy on her? Scott was around for all of deciMation and its aftermath. He more than anyone had to bear the brunt of her actions. He aint defending her

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This nonsense doesn't work however, as Scott is the last person who sees her as "falsely accused". Infact, he is the person who has probably accused her most...

Extraordinary Member

This nonsense doesn't work however, as Scott is the last person who sees her as "falsely accused". Infact, he is the person who has probably accused her most...
    In Children's Crusade, yes, but are you really going to hold up that series as Scott being in character? The guy heard Wanda offer to restore mutant powers, Rictor told everyone she restored his powers, and Scott was like, no, forget about restoring mutants, you're going to mutant jail.

I don't hold that against Scott because it's out of character for him, and out of character stories shouldn't be held against a character. In that, at least, I'm consistent.

said no one, ever
    Said plenty of people. School only covers limited subjects and usually repeats them. You don't truly learn about the world until you are out in it.