View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 106 of 123 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1837
    BANNED

cher´s the only salvation, we´re doomed even after doom

Extraordinary Member

What is Cher’s mutant power?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    all of em, shes the supreme

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    She could turn back time and find a way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She could turn back time and find a way
    she also gets life after love

So.... Wanda and Pietro have been detected as mutants for all these years. Which means they’ve been backed up on Cerebro as well. Are they just taking the High Evolutionary’s word with this whole non-mutant non-children of Magneto thing? Because I’m pretty sure Cerebro trumps someone’s word...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    So.... Wanda and Pietro have been detected as mutants for all these years. Which means they’ve been backed up on Cerebro as well. Are they just taking the High Evolutionary’s word with this whole non-mutant non-children of Magneto thing? Because I’m pretty sure Cerebro trumps someone’s word...
    Pop theory is that Wanda rewrote reality to change her and Pietro.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Perhaps the mutants shouldn’t have attempted to murder her niece. They drew first blood.
    LOL, this doesn’t make sense. Yes, Exodus tried to kill Luna MULTIPLE times...(and Fabian Cortez did kidnap her and use her as a human SHIELD so I suppose that counts as well)...but again this was Exodus doing it(or Fabian Cortex)...and guess what? They may be mutants but at the time they weren’t apart of the X-Men...and even Magneto didn’t command them to do this. It was of their own free will. What, so you would blame all X-Men for their actions? If you do that’s ridiculous.

Besides, Exodus was punished for his crimes...he got locked in his cave(for lack of a better term again)...and changed...but then he became bad again...but now he’s in Krakoa and he’s a changed man(kinda)...and yeah he tried to kill a child, but I seem to remember Pietro killing multiple mutants with the Terrigensis...and times when he threatened Layla Miller...and how he killed and innocent member of the Inhumans to get Terrigensis...so he’s done bad things just like Exodus and Fabian Cortez have done.

And Wanda...I’m not going to go and say that ‘oh she’s a pretender’ or ‘oh she’s the worst person’, because that’s simply not true.

Jean Grey consumed a sun (while she was Phenoix)and killed 5 BILLION people.

Magneto(to name the least of his crimes, we all know he’s done much more)basically threw a large boulder which killed 10,000 humans on Genosha.

Wanda when she said ‘no more mutants’ she took away the powers, the birthright’s of MILLIONS of mutants. For them it was like if you had arms and legs your entire life and then one day you have to get your arms and legs amputated. Of course, we know that people live like this and learn to accept it, as the de-powered mutants did. But don’t you think that that made their lives much more harder, terrible, an difficult...don’t you think they would rather have their powers back? And that’s not even counting how superhero’s(such as Spider-Man...there are others)who had entire families in House of M(their perfect/dream lives)and when Wanda ended that they still had the memories but their families were gone. Don’t you think they would, I don’t know, feel sad, mad, pain because of that? And of course how when Wanda said ‘no more mutants’ some people were in the process of using their powers while she said that and died because of it(thousands of them), one example of this is Magma’s partner...they were both in a volcano when it happened and that guy burned to death. It was terrible. And it’s not just Wanda’s fault...it’s also Pietro’s fault for influencing his CLEARLY mentally unstable sister to do this. An argument can certainly be made that it’s MAJORLY his fault...but I think that Pietro has been redeemed, at the very least more than Wanda.

I don’t ask for her to walk naked in the streets as people stone her and called her ‘shame’ and ‘pretender’, but I want some acknowledgment of what she did, an apology from Wanda, and her doing her best to try and make amends and do better(the past can’t be erased but we can always try to do better in the future)

Some may say this is loghtwork...but well most people in Marvel Comics have done bad, terrible, and even unspeakable things.

My main point is that I don’t feel that Wanda is like -100 and somebody else is +100 or reverse...I just think that everyone should just be mindful and open-minded that mostly everyone’s done terrible things...

This is all, of course, in my humble opinion, I respect yours completely.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    LOL, this doesn’t make sense. Yes, Exodus tried to kill Luna MULTIPLE times...(and Fabian Cortez did kidnap her and use her as a human SHIELD so I suppose that counts as well)...but again this was Exodus doing it(or Fabian Cortex)...and guess what? They may be mutants but at the time they weren’t apart of the X-Men...and even Magneto didn’t command them to do this. It was of their own free will. What, so you would blame all X-Men for their actions? If you do that’s ridiculous.

Besides, Exodus was punished for his crimes...he got locked in his cave(for lack of a better term again)...and changed...but then he became bad again...but now he’s in Krakoa and he’s a changed man(kinda)...and yeah he tried to kill a child, but I seem to remember Pietro killing multiple mutants with the Terrigensis...and times when he threatened Layla Miller...and how he killed and innocent member of the Inhumans to get Terrigensis...so he’s done bad things just like Exodus and Fabian Cortez have done.

And Wanda...I’m not going to go and say that ‘oh she’s a pretender’ or ‘oh she’s the worst person’, because that’s simply not true.

Jean Grey consumed a sun (while she was Phenoix)and killed 5 BILLION people.

Magneto(to name the least of his crimes, we all know he’s done much more)basically threw a large boulder which killed 10,000 humans on Genosha.

Wanda when she said ‘no more mutants’ she took away the powers, the birthright’s of MILLIONS of mutants. For them it was like if you had arms and legs your entire life and then one day you have to get your arms and legs amputated. Of course, we know that people live like this and learn to accept it, as the de-powered mutants did. But don’t you think that that made their lives much more harder, terrible, an difficult...don’t you think they would rather have their powers back? And that’s not even counting how superhero’s(such as Spider-Man...there are others)who had entire families in House of M(their perfect/dream lives)and when Wanda ended that they still had the memories but their families were gone. Don’t you think they would, I don’t know, feel sad, mad, pain because of that? And of course how when Wanda said ‘no more mutants’ some people were in the process of using their powers while she said that and died because of it(thousands of them), one example of this is Magma’s partner...they were both in a volcano when it happened and that guy burned to death. It was terrible. And it’s not just Wanda’s fault...it’s also Pietro’s fault for influencing his CLEARLY mentally unstable sister to do this. An argument can certainly be made that it’s MAJORLY his fault...but I think that Pietro has been redeemed, at the very least more than Wanda.

I don’t ask for her to walk naked in the streets as people stone her and called her ‘shame’ and ‘pretender’, but I want some acknowledgment of what she did, an apology from Wanda, and her doing her best to try and make amends and do better(the past can’t be erased but we can always try to do better in the future)

Some may say this is loghtwork...but well most people in Marvel Comics have done bad, terrible, and even unspeakable things.

My main point is that I don’t feel that Wanda is like -100 and somebody else is +100 or reverse...I just think that everyone should just be mindful and open-minded that mostly everyone’s done terrible things...

This is all, of course, in my humble opinion, I respect yours completely.
    Yes, althingzamazing!

We've had 100 pages of this thread and everyone keeps making comparisons to other criminals but they're missing the point that most of them paid for their crime and Wanda didn't. Instead she's around creating zombie apocalypses

BANNED

at this point not even I have enough fuel to add to this fire, shes a mess of a character that not even the mcu seems to be able to save.
    God bless her heart

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    An argument can certainly be made that it’s MAJORLY his fault...but I think that Pietro has been redeemed, at the very least more than Wanda.
    I don't think that's really the case - he was a bad/crazy guy in X-Factor for a little while, then he suddenly became good again, and he got away with lying to the Avengers and the world by saying he'd been impersonated by a Skrull. Peter David finally had him confess this lie in his last X-Factor run, but Pietro faced no consequences for this whatsoever.

The reason I bring this up is not to argue about Wanda again but just to make the point that being out of comics is the absolute worst thing for any character. If Wanda had been in comics from 2005-2011 we'd feel like she'd been redeemed even if, like Pietro, she hadn't actually done anything to earn it. It's too bad Children's Crusade took so long to come out or she would have been a good choice for Avengers Academy, whose adult cast mostly consisted of screw-up Avengers like Hank Pym and Pietro.
    Last edited by gurkle; 08-09-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Maybe they should kill Wanda and Pietro and resurrect them (because they would most definitely be cataloged by Cerebro) backdating their memories to... I dunno. Let's go back to just after Heroes Reborn.. During Kurt Busiek's Avengers. Before things started getting really wonky with Wanda and Pietro was a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Maybe they should kill Wanda and Pietro and resurrect them (because they would most definitely be cataloged by Cerebro) backdating their memories to... I dunno. Let's go back to just after Heroes Reborn.. During Kurt Busiek's Avengers. Before things started getting really wonky with Wanda and Pietro was a hero.
    I support this proposal. The Maximoffs haven't had any good character development since then so it's not like anything of value would be lost.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I support this proposal. The Maximoffs haven't had any good character development since then so it's not like anything of value would be lost.
    Pietro finally got over Crystal.

Wanda realized her kids were reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It seems that after Kurt left Avengers, Wanda's characterization just went downhill. I think he was the last writer to actually care about her (even though there were some questionable things with her and Wonder Man).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Pietro finally got over Crystal.

Wanda realized her kids were reborn.
    Both things that could be dealt with in a page or two. Heck, they could even lead to future stories if someone wanted...
    Last edited by Thundershot; 08-09-2020 at 03:47 PM.