View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I wish I could frollic in eastern europe where its a perpetual renassaince fair after commiting genocie, hot girl **** AH :P
    She was was living that life #SorryNotSorry
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I wish I could frollic in eastern europe where its a perpetual renassaince fair after commiting genocie, hot girl **** AH :P
    I screamed irl.

Also, why does Marvel think that Europe is perpetually set in the middle ages?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I screamed irl.

Also, why does Marvel think that Europe is perpetually set in the middle ages?
    Wait it's not? Have I been told a lie all this time?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I always think it's disgraceful that Scarlet Witch fanatics try to bring poor Pietro down with her evil.
    Quicksilver sweetie, we forgive you! You are more than welcome on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I always think it's disgraceful that Scarlet Witch fanatics try to bring poor Pietro down with her evil.
    Quicksilver sweetie, we forgive you! You are more than welcome on Krakoa.
    Regardless of HoM, Pietro is and has always been a mess and he mingled with Inhumans. He's a nope. We have all the speedsters we need.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wait it's not? Have I been told a lie all this time?
    It is, if you reality warp it enough.

Wanda only did the deciMation bc she was pissed that Magneto killed Pietro. If she wanted revenge, all she had to do was kill Mags or only stripped him and the family of their powers, not 99% of the world. She ignited an atomic bomb to get one person instead of hitting him directly with her bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Regardless of HoM, Pietro is and has always been a mess and he mingled with Inhumans. He's a nope. We have all the speedsters we need.

It is, if you reality warp it enough.
    Wow what's next? You're gonna tell me that Japan isnt full of AniMay characters and cat-maid harems?

What is life..
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Wanda only did the deciMation bc she was pissed that Magneto killed Pietro. If she wanted revenge, all she had to do was kill Mags or only stripped him and the family of their powers, not 99% of the world. She ignited an atomic bomb to get one person instead of hitting him directly with her bullet
    You dont see Pietro whispering in her ear saying "No More mutants pls"?

Dude knew exactly what he was doing.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

I love that Bendis even had Emma look into her mind and see what she was going to do, just to leave absolutely no doubt that it was her choice.

It also shows how even in a story that's supposed to be about Wanda, not only doesn't she appear very much, but everything revolves around Magneto. She's reduced to a whiny little girl pissed that Daddy didn't love her, because this is the only way that this story even makes sense: Why would Pietro want Wanda to give Magneto everything he wants? why would she go along with it? why would she create a world where Vision doesn't exist? "Doom did it" makes so much more sense, because Doom would at least have some kind of long-term master plan based on his role in the world of M.

Again, it's pretty inspiring that she managed to get back to some degree of prominence after this whole character assassination festival.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

The thing I always wonder about Wanda haters is, if they were shown doing something in one comic that you knew, based on years and decades of comics, was completely out of character for them, would you just accept that this one story wipes out everything else?

I mean, I think some people would, because some readers like to play the game that every story counts and the characters are like real people. In real life, if someone is good for 70 years and then goes on a shooting spree when they're 71, it wipes out all the good they ever did.

But I just can't really get into the frame of mind to approach shared fictional characters that way. If a hero I didn't care about abruptly turned into a villain after 40 years I'd think they were done dirty.
    To me it doesnt matter. It still happened. We still had to suffer through all the sh-t that happened as a result of what she did. My biggest problem with her is that Mavel never gave her a redemption story. They just put her in limbo and when she came back tried to say it someone else's fault. That was a copout and it prevented people from changing their opinions on her. To add to that, they also had her usurp Hope's storyline in AvX as if her story arc to be the mutant messiah wouldnt have happened without Wanda. That didnt ring genuine as an attempt to have Wanda right her wrongs either

We can't negate she served hair, body and face in those panels tho

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I love that Bendis even had Emma look into her mind and see what she was going to do, just to leave absolutely no doubt that it was her choice.

It also shows how even in a story that's supposed to be about Wanda, not only doesn't she appear very much, but everything revolves around Magneto. She's reduced to a whiny little girl pissed that Daddy didn't love her, because this is the only way that this story even makes sense: Why would Pietro want Wanda to give Magneto everything he wants? why would she go along with it? why would she create a world where Vision doesn't exist? "Doom did it" makes so much more sense, because Doom would at least have some kind of long-term master plan based on his role in the world of M.
    It's funny how Wanda gave everyone their wishes and of course Doom would have wanted being the ruler of the world but Wanda put Magneto first, poor Doom the only thing he got was that the F4 died with just Thing being alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Well, as long as she looked good being a murderer, then I guess it's ok?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Itīs coipel after all

It's funny how Wanda gave everyone their wishes and of course Doom would have wanted being the ruler of the world but Wanda put Magneto first, poor Doom the only thing he got was that the F4 died with just Thing being alive.
    lol I admit thatīs mainly what stopped me from believing this, if it was Doom it should have been House of Doom instead of House of M XD but between this and Childrenīs crusade I wonder if Doom just wanted to get into the family and marry Wanda and just decided to do it in the most extravagant way possible
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

That just goes to show you how long-term Doom's master plans are. It looked like he didn't get what he wanted in the World of M, but he knew that in the long run this would lead to the fulfilment of his plans to extinguish the mutant menace and steal the Life Force for himself. Doom thinks ahead!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

That certainly would explain his actions on the FF vs X-men crossover but I am a little sad he didnīt seem to have any problem with mutants in general but I can see him coming to that pov if they get in the way for his plans with the world.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022