View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 107 of 123 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1837

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    It seems that after Kurt left Avengers, Wanda's characterization just went downhill. I think he was the last writer to actually care about her (even though there were some questionable things with her and Wonder Man).
    I hate that this is true, but it probably is. Maybe Zub right now really cares about her. But doesn't get enough panel time to do anything. I'm not against a total reboot of the character. But I know they'd probably just mess things up again, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yes, althingzamazing!

We've had 100 pages of this thread and everyone keeps making comparisons to other criminals but they're missing the point that most of them paid for their crime and Wanda didn't. Instead she's around creating zombie apocalypses
    Marvel Zombies is a cult favorite though. And Wanda paid for it for definite. Those others weren't permanently damaged, treated like plot devices and still have not recovered in comics. Marvel destroyed a classic character to fuel x-stories for over a decade. The price has been way paid for and should only be rectified by having her removed completely from ever had any association with anything mutant via reboot. That way she can move on and mutants can move on. 15 years is just sad.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Pietro got good characterization from Peter David on All New X-factor with Lorna, Luna and letting go of Crystal as well as taking responsibility for SoM and in Avengers Academy he was a good mentor.

Wanda meet her children again and got a good run on her solo, it made her more secure in the use of her powers compared even to her Kurt Busiek era which was also great because she was co-leader of the Avengers.

The only think they need is a writer or a group of writers to put attention to their previous stories and be fair in their characterization and don´t let any of them be put under the bus to prop up the other as it often happens to Pietro when he and Wanda are both Avengers.

I would also like them to interact again with Luna, the Inhumans, Lorna, Magneto and the X-men but I think marvel needs to re introduce them first on current comics. EMPYRE is a good first step and hopefully Darkhold will also involve Pietro.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    Wanda when she said ‘no more mutants’ she took away the powers, the birthright’s of MILLIONS of mutants. For them it was like if you had arms and legs your entire life and then one day you have to get your arms and legs amputated.
    Well no. Most mutants don’t get their gifts until puberty. And most mutants on Krakoa are <25 years old. So it’s not like having arms and legs your whole life. More like less than half your life.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Yes, althingzamazing!

We've had 100 pages of this thread and everyone keeps making comparisons to other criminals but they're missing the point that most of them paid for their crime and Wanda didn't. Instead she's around creating zombie apocalypses
    When did they pay for their crimes?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Depends, if she can get a fair trial- yes, if it's a Kangaroo court then no

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Well no. Most mutants don’t get their gifts until puberty. And most mutants on Krakoa are <25 years old. So it’s not like having arms and legs your whole life. More like less than half your life.
    YEah Most but not all ...i.e. Nightcrawler, Meggan, Blink etc. What about kids who are born to Mutant parents, or Mutant families like the gutheries, Weve seen what happened after MDay to former mutants. And does "only" having them for half their life makes taken it away better? most people discover their sexuality at puberty...if someone decided to make every gay person straight or every straight person gay would it not be so bad

Which Character?

Yaaaaaaaaaas Hunty!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    What would be an example of a fair trial to you?
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    She'll get a kangaroo court in krakoa.

She'll get a kangaroo court in krakoa.
    Good, she deserves one. Boing her into the pit with Sabretooth and knock out her teeth.

I'd love to see Apocalypse getting Mister Sinister to send the Hellions to abduct Wanda, to stand trial for her actions against mutant kind.
    Magneto will blow up but as Wanda is already in custody on Krakoa he is overuled in a very close vote by the Quiet Council, the casting vote being Charles Xaviers.
    Just when it looks like Wanda will be doomed to meet the same fate as Sabretooth being imprisoned within Krakoa itself, Mystique secretly contacts Quicksilver who then contacts the Avengers and others close to Wanda.
    The current Avengers line up of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, She Hulk, Ghost Rider along with Quicksilver, Vision, Doctor Voodoo, Wonder Man and Hawkeye gather.
    Let the games begin.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 08-10-2020 at 04:26 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Before Krakoa I would've said maybe. But after... definitely not. I still hate that so many villains are on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Before Krakoa I would've said maybe. But after... definitely not. I still hate that so many villains are on the island.
    Believe me, I feel exactly the same way about the island I live on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Believe me, I feel exactly the same way about the island I live on.
    Topical!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I'd love to see Apocalypse getting Mister Sinister to send the Hellions to abduct Wanda, to stand trial for her actions against mutant kind.
    Magneto will blow up but as Wanda is already in custody on Krakoa he is overuled in a very close vote by the Quiet Council, the casting vote being Charles Xaviers.
    Just when it looks like Wanda will be doomed to meet the same fate as Sabretooth being imprisoned within Krakoa itself, Mystique secretly contacts Quicksilver who then contacts the Avengers and others close to Wanda.
    The current Avengers line up of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, She Hulk, Ghost Rider along with Quicksilver, Vision, Doctor Voodoo, Wonder Man and Hawkeye gather.
    Let the games begin.
    You could have just said that you wanna see the Avengers die...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Let the games begin.
    It's more likely that Exodus will send his Acolytes for this task,I don't think Apocalypse really cares, he probably thinks those who survived M day are the fittest.Exodus has an axe to grind