View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 60 of 123 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Rich Johnston said last year that there were plans to bring back the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver/Magneto relationship in 2020 but those plans were "on hold" due to the MCU.

I wonder if they originally made a plan to re-mutantize Wanda and Pietro back when it looked like Wanda was just going to be a minor character in the MCU (it didn't look good for her after Infinity War where she had like 10 minutes of screen time and got vaporized at the end), and then she gets announced for her own streaming series and a role in Strange's sequel. Suddenly it looks like she has an MCU future and that it's going to be as a magic character, not a mutant.

I like her being both a mutant and a sorceress, personally.
    I mean there's already casting rumours for the inhumans in the miss marvel show, so im not sure Im gonna belive what bleeding cool says, she has a whole kree suit recently even

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I mean there's already casting rumours for the inhumans in the miss marvel show, so im not sure Im gonna belive what bleeding cool says, she has a whole kree suit recently even
    That doesn't necessarily prove them wrong, since Marvel was constantly trying to play catch-up in imitating what the MCU does even though they didn't know what the MCU was actually going to do. It would be hilarious if they moved from "Inhumans everywhere" to "Inhumans suck" only for Feige to bring back the Inhumans.

Anyway, whether that rumor is wrong or not, I figure now that Feige is in charge of the comics we'll probably start to see the synergy make more sense.

BANNED

That doesn't necessarily prove them wrong, since Marvel was constantly trying to play catch-up in imitating what the MCU does even though they didn't know what the MCU was actually going to do. Now that Feige is in charge of the comics we'll probably start to see the synergy make more sense.
    soooo since there's no way in heaven she is revealed as a mutant in the next two years, you agree with me ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    soooo since there's no way in heaven she is revealed as a mutant in the next two years, you agree with me ?
    Yes, I do. I prefer Wanda as a mutant sorceress but I doubt they will turn her back into a mutant in the comics, let alone Magneto's daughter, since it's unlikely she'll be a mutant in the MCU and no way she'll be Magneto's daughter (that was always a huge longshot anyway).

Anybody want to catch me up on what Wanda’s been doing recently? I don’t read much outside of the x-books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Anybody want to catch me up on what Wanda’s been doing recently? I don’t read much outside of the x-books.
    She hasn't been in much of anything for a while. Jim Zub gave her a romance with Dr. Voodoo but it's only been referred to in miniseries that he writes.

Other than that the last really important role she had was in her 2015-6 solo series where it was revealed that her real mother was the previous Scarlet Witch, who was killed by Wanda's father, whose identity was never revealed.

She pops up as a guest star occasionally, including the Captain Marvel spinoff miniseries "Star," and she was scheduled to be in an "Empyre" spinoff miniseries written by Zub, where he'll presumably start that Voodoo romance again.

Not much else going on until this X-Men "Pretender" stuff finally heats up.

Yes, I do. I prefer Wanda as a mutant sorceress but I doubt they will turn her back into a mutant in the comics, let alone Magneto's daughter, since it's unlikely she'll be a mutant in the MCU and no way she'll be Magneto's daughter (that was always a huge longshot anyway).
    I beleive she will eventually be made a mutant and Magneto's daughter again and it will be irregardless of the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Sinister is then killed by another Sinister who claims to have the mutant gene. Not that he's a mutant, but that he has the gene.

Later in the same issue we get this.

Sooo he's a mutant, but you just dont want him to be?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sooo he's a mutant, but you just dont want him to be?
    No he's not a mutant, at least not naturally. He genetically altered himself with Thunderbird's genes. He has a mutant gene now, but it's not his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    No he's not a mutant, at least not naturally. He genetically altered himself with Thunderbird's genes. He has a mutant gene now, but it's not his own.
    No he cloned himself with one. The Mutant clone has never not had an XGene. x23 Is a clone using Logan's genes and she's a Mutant... Speaking of clones can we stop heaping the crimes of the Previously FlatTop Sinister onto the shoulders of the Mutant Sinister? He didn't order the Morlock Massacre, work for the Nazis....etc etc
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-07-2020 at 08:20 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I beleive she will eventually be made a mutant and Magneto's daughter again and it will be irregardless of the MCU
    Unless Feige gives the order to fully synergize the line which would include whole scale revisions in a lot of characters history to comport with the MCU (and turn the comics into glorified promotional material for the films) then yes in time it will go away. Too much money to be had. Marvel's own website and their merchandise of Wanda, Pietro and Magneto and games over the past few years have ignored the retcon.

In terms of highly visible stuff Marvel has put out the past ten years outside the comics from Super Hero Squad the animated series to almost all the major games to much of the merch... lets just say Wanda and Pietro's parentage is high profile. Certainly higher profile at this very moment then the only living daughter of Magneto that has existed in the comics the past six years. Too much money to be made with no gain to be had (with Fox bought out) other then not confusing new MCU fans who go to read comics who often use comics like HoM as a starting point anyway.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-07-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Other than that the last really important role she had was in her 2015-6 solo series where it was revealed that her real mother was the previous Scarlet Witch, who was killed by Wanda's father, whose identity was never revealed.
    Thank you very much for the recap. I'm assuming that her father's identity is being kept secret so they can leave the door open for a future retcon back to magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ehh I'm not sure anyone really wants that in the editorial parts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    No he cloned himself with one. The Mutant clone has never not had an XGene. x23 Is a clone using Logan's genes and she's a Mutant... Speaking of clones can we stop heaping the crimes of the Previously FlatTop Sinister onto the shoulders of the Mutant Sinister? He didn't order the Morlock Massacre, work for the Nazis....etc etc
    He cloned a body to put Thunderbird's x-gene in, which sure is a violation of Thunderbird (a Native America mutant) but he's ok doing that because he's a Victorian era coloniser. Why aren't you upset about that violation? X-23 is a clone with a mind of her own, not in Sinister's case. Sinister isn't Miles Warren, he makes clones specifically to put his mind into. Clones like Ms. Sinister are their own entities, as they are their own individuals and aren't what Sinister made them to be.

Sinister's a great character but I don't get why you're siding with him over his choices when he's a conservative Darwinist. You don't have to defend him. Over an X-man who died on duty, no less.

Edit: I don't know why you're taking Sinister's word at face value, even you know he's a super-villain who can't be trusted.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-07-2020 at 08:38 PM.

She hasn't been in much of anything for a while. Jim Zub gave her a romance with Dr. Voodoo but it's only been referred to in miniseries that he writes.

She pops up as a guest star occasionally, including the Captain Marvel spinoff miniseries "Star," and she was scheduled to be in an "Empyre" spinoff miniseries written by Zub, where he'll presumably start that Voodoo romance again.

Not much else going on until this X-Men "Pretender" stuff finally heats up.
    There's also Strange Academy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.