View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 63 of 123 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    oh I forgot Kittens/Cats=Sinister.
    lol
    Are my posts are getting lost in translation? I mostly post sarcastically or make use of Non-sequitars which I'm guessing are not In your vocab wheelhouse
    It's in my wheelhouse. I knew what you were getting at, I just didn't feel like playing along. The problem with your sarcasm is that it's impossible to seperate when you're being serious and being sarcastic - it's all the same tone whether we're discussing genocide or kittens. You're not as oblivious as your performance suggests. Except you're using non-sequiturs to dodge everything which is problematic rather than doing introspection about why saying words relating to Native Americans, or other subjects, is wrong. Social progress, which the X-men are supposed to foster, is supposed to have meaning it's not for appearance sake. It reminds me of conservatives who are fans of Star Trek but don't get the message it's promoting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wanda on krakoa is ten times more dangerous than any villain on it, because they get a benefit from krakoa and have a common enemy, well wanda pratically sleeps with said enemy and has stated her disdain for mutant issues and only sugests complete assimilation.

shed never see the positives and do something to make sure every mutant civilian returns to the misery they had in human society to fit her prespective that they too can abandon their culture, climb their way into a priveledged position and use it as a shield and to pretend they aren't difrent from other humans
    I'm fairly certain that mutants have no culture or community and they don't need to be born.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

wanda on krakoa is ten times more dangerous than any villain on it, because they get a benefit from krakoa and have a common enemy, well wanda pratically sleeps with said enemy and has stated her disdain for mutant issues and only sugests complete assimilation.

shed never see the positives and do something to make sure every mutant civilian returns to the misery they had in human society to fit her prespective that they too can abandon their culture, climb their way into a priveledged position and use it as a shield and to pretend they aren't difrent from other humans
    Incorrect.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Incorrect.
    incorrect how? she states it on uncanny avengers troughout the first two arcs, and has not a shred of respect for any mutant movements that shows more backbone than a worm and refuse to lick boots, she show's that she belives all mutants have to be subservient and accepting of their opression and to assimilate completly.
    She consider's herself, the mutant who barely did anything for a group she was a part off when she had a position of priveledge to do so, a better representation of xaviers dream than the x-men that are just "martyrs"
    Last edited by Ferro; 05-09-2020 at 12:51 AM.

Yeeesh, talk about bad-faith argumentation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Yeeesh, talk about bad-faith argumentation.
    cause the character has shown bad faith towards mutant issues more complex than heroes in tights can solve, and mutants in general

cause the character has shown bad faith towards mutant issues more complex than heroes in tights can solve, and mutants in general
    Another sore misunderstanding of what has been said.

BANNED

Another sore misunderstanding of what has been said.
    then enlighten me

then enlighten me
    I’ve tried.

If you want to entertain yourself, however, please directly quote Wanda using the words “mutants should be subservient to humans”, in that general order. Acceptable synonyms are allowed.

BANNED

I’ve tried.

If you want to entertain yourself, however, please directly quote Wanda using the words “mutants should be subservient to humans”, in that general order. Acceptable synonyms are allowed.
    try again , 8609548089074678957046459648974950rd time's the charm

incorrect how? she states it on uncanny avengers troughout the first two arcs, and has not a shred of respect for any mutant movements that shows more backbone than a worm and refuse to lick boots, she show's that she belives all mutants have to be subservient and accepting of their opression and to assimilate completly.
    She consider's herself, the mutant who barely did anything for a group she was a part off when she had a position of priveledge to do so, a better representation of xaviers dream than the x-men that are just "martyrs"
    Facts.

She even criticized their strive for survival. And she said she accepted her responsibility unlike Cyclops... who was in a cell while she was walking around freely as the privileged woman she is.

This is also rich coming from someone who has caused much of the suffering that the X-Men have gone through.

BANNED

then the training room discourse and walking around in the akaba ruins, she admits she agrees with alex's speech, THAT is telling when you compare it to the reactions kitty had

None of that says “mutants must be subservient to humans”.

UA really made her an unlikable little shite.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Facts.

She even criticized their strive for survival. And she said she accepted her responsibility unlike Cyclops... who was in a cell while she was walking around freely as the privileged woman she is.
    Context, this is post-Schism. The X-men were divided and many of them supported doing things like they were the Authority rather than Marvel super-heroes. That kind of thing is going to get criticised in-universe. She did accept the responsibility, the X-men won't have it. Cyclops got out and was back to getting everything back in his life a few years later. He wasn't exiled for years out of comics and everyone's got amnesia about his controversial stint in Utopia, and he's been fine accepting Emma back from when she was Norman Osborn's lapdog while he hunted the Avengers in Dark X-men.

Considering Xavier's dream about assimilation, Wanda was a high profile example of a mutant that could live with humans in peace, and of course Rogue herself was doing this in Uncanny Avengers. Beast is another regular Avenger, is any X-men giving him grief about it? Sunspot formed his own Avengers and took over AIM in the process, which was controversial - because of AIM being a former terrorist organisation not because he was a mutant. Where are the speeches about them not caring about mutant kind?

This is also rich coming from someone who has caused much of the suffering that the X-Men have gone through.
    Which she's tried to atone for and every time she tries the X-men throw it back in her face. The suffering angle loses potency when they're housing people like Sinister, if the really were true half the Quiet Council wouldn't be on it. Where is Rogue's condemnation for Cyclops when he shut Wanda down from fixing M-day? She was on the front lines in Children's Crusade.