View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 98 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1837

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    In whatever is the AvX issue where he talks,down to Hope about her being underseving of that power.

All you are doing here is making conjectures and assumptions.
    "Wanda looked for dark magic for fixing her needs and she got genocide out of the deal."
    Those were your words, not mine? so tell me in what book Wanda went "yes, I know it will cause a genocide but I still want that power".
    Shouldn't be hard for you given your confident statement.
    Me? You're making up whole fanfics out of AvX. Scott never wanted the Phoenix for himself, it was Stark that got it into him and everything after that was Phoenix possession driven.

You know what I meant, she went to Doom to seek forbidden powers and it ended up with multiversal genocide.

Isn't Kitty Pryde selling out to Doom in FFvsXMen? Look who's talking
    Ehrm to free her teammates and locked up mutants from the crazy super villain?

Extraordinary Member

She destroyed mutant culture. And then said offhandedly in Uncanny Avengers “who cares about mutant culture.”

Such a sad thing to say for someone raised Romani.

AvX is not a "what if" story, it's canon to the 616 continuity, you can dismiss its content all you want, it still happened and count as a result.
    Unless it was retconned out of continuity somewhere down the line, in which case I would be curious to know in what serie it occured.
    No its not a what if story but it started by Logan telling the Avengers lies about how the PF is nthing but a destructive force. That was NOT Cyclops' experience with it nor Logan's for that matter. The Avengers were motivated by a 'What If' rhetoric which ignored the positive experience the Xmen have had with the force through Jean and Rachel.

And then the PF killed billions on its mad dash towards Earth in that AvX story.
    Crazy how comics work.

There were plenty of other instances where people harnessing the PF lost control and you know it.
    Thats awfully convenient but again that goes back to the point that it wasnt Scott's experience with the thing and wouldnt have been something that would have clouded his judgement as he prepared Hope for the PF.

Someone not named Grey? Because thats what happens when someone who isnt supposed to wield its power has it forced onto them.

That's the poorest of excuses given the behaviour the PF had while traveling to Earth (i.e. destroying inhabited worlds), and given Cyclops was relaying on faith, not facts, to risk the Survival of the Earth and its inhabitants.
    Possibly but there was enough evidence suggesting Hope had a connection to the PF (which she did) and ultimately Scott was right about this.

Which he never even pretended to try doing while having this power. He did all but that one thing he was supposed to do.
    Im not gonna pretend as if he didnt lose his way once he had the PF forced onto him. That was never supposed to happen

I know you and others want to deflect and make this all about Scott but this thread isnt about him and AvX. There are countless other threads for that if you want to ressurect them. Back to Wanda. Burn the bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Me? You're making up whole fanfics out of AvX.
    "Cyclops could have released the Phoenix Force whenever he wanted to Hope once possessed, but refused to out of arrogance."

"Cyclops knew the danger of the PF long before AvX, yet was willing to use that power to fullfill his agenda."

I'm sorry but those are facts.

Scott never wanted the Phoenix for himself, it was Stark that got it into him
    I love how you argue over points I never made. Stark caused the Phoenix Five, yes we all know that, ty, I wasn't pointing at that to begin with.
    Scott was more than happy to keep the PF for him once this happened however, this was my point.

and everything after that was Phoenix possession driven.
    Again, he was in the driver' seat while possessed, Wanda wasn't.

You know what I meant, she went to Doom to seek forbidden powers and it ended up with multiversal genocide.
    I Don't know what you think and English isn't my native tongue, so there's only so much I can infer from a statement being made like yours was.
    I appreciate that you actually took the time to properly rephrase your point though, because as it was it wasn't just shaky, it was plain wrong.

As for the point in question that you rephrased, you can blame her for trusting Doom yes, you can't blame for being abused as a result. And you certainly can't blame her for whatever happened during the time she was possessed.

Ehrm to free her teammates and locked up mutants from the crazy super villain?
    She litteraly allowed Doom to experiment on someone else's child, the motives cannot justify this.
    And two seconds ago you were throwing Wanda Under the bus for dealing with Doom, oh the irony...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

"Cyclops could have released the Phoenix Force whenever he wanted to Hope once possessed, but refused to out of arrogance."

"Cyclops knew the danger of the PF long before AvX, yet was willing to use that power to fullfill his agenda."

I'm sorry but those are facts.
    These are not facts, this is aaall your headcanon. The Phoenix Force was possessing him, there is no evidence to say that they could just tell the Force yo get out. You're literally making it up.

I love how you argue over points I never made. Stark caused the Phoenix Five, yes we all know that, ty, I wasn't pointing at that to begin with.
    Scott was more than happy to keep the PF for him once this happened however, this was my point.
    He was possessed duh.

Again, he was in the driver' seat while possessed, Wanda wasn't.
    You literally just said he was possessed.
    As for the point in question that you rephrased, you can blame her for trusting Doom yes, you can't blame for being abused as a result. And you certainly can't blame her for whatever happened during the time she was possessed.
    That's a big thing to blame her for. She and Doom caused M'Day at the end of the day. She seeked knowledge that she knew was dangerous and she reached out to Doom to do so, and in the end there was a genocide. If I ask a gangster for help in doing something and people get killed while we're doing it, I'm still to blame.

She litteraly allowed Doom to experiment on someone else's child, the motives cannot justify this.
    And two seconds ago you were throwing Wanda Under the bus for dealing with Doom, oh the irony...
    Wanda did it out of completely selfish reasons, unlike Kate. And why do you want to redirect lol?

Should Wanda Maximoff stand trial for House of M?
    I suppose it would be necessary to prove she was responsable for her acts at that time, first.

As a lot of people want to bypass this, I suggest she doesn't stand trial for House of M in this forum…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I suppose it would be necessary to prove she was responsable for her acts at that time, first.

As a lot of people want to bypass this, I suggest she doesn't stand trial for House of M in this forum…
    She better run from this forum.

We'll be singing in the Green Lagoon

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No, she shouldn't.

At this point in MU-lore...no one (editor/writer) is interested in investing time and effort into a trial because it would be a thoroughly pointless exercise.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I wish, I could commit genocide out of spite and have my obvious responsibilty and accountability questioned without fail or most times flat out ignored.

What a level of privilege.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

She better run from this forum.

We'll be singing in the Green Lagoon

Are you gonna click at her with your keyboard?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I wish, I could commit genocide out of spite and have my obvious responsibilty and accountability questioned without fail or most times flat out ignored.

What a level of privilege.
    I suppose you will be send to see a psychiatrist first.
    But it's not the readers that could decide of that for Wanda.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

If Marvel would have just let her join the X-Men as penance after AvX instead of joining with UA we would all be spared this debate. It didn't help that Remember had her tried to out-bitch Rogue when called out on her actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If Marvel would have just let her join the X-Men as penance after AvX instead of joining with UA we would all be spared this debate. It didn't help that Remember had her tried to out-bitch Rogue when called out on her actions.
    I wouldnt have considered that penance. Why should the X-men have to suffer being around her? That would be like having Hitler work alongside the same people he committed genocide on. That doesnt help the victims move on from the atrocity that was done. Thats actually cruel and inflicting unwarranted torture on those that dont deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt have considered that penance. Why should the X-men have to suffer being around her? That would be like having Hitler work alongside the same people he committed genocide on. That doesnt help the victims move on from the atrocity that was done. Thats actually cruel and inflicting unwarranted torture on those that dont deserve it.
    Aren't you a bit over-melodramatic?

Right, the responsabilities of super-beings are bigger than normal humans because what they do have, potentially, more consequences…
    But, what Wanda did was hardly a planned genocide.

It's not like, in Krakoa, executioners and victims are very segregated anyway…
    Last edited by Zelena; 07-06-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Aren't you a bit over-melodramatic?

Right, the responsabilities of super-beings are bigger than normal humans because what they do have, potentially, more consequences…
    But, what Wanda did was hardly a planned genocide.

It's not like, in Krakoa, executioners and victims are very segregated anyway…
    It wasnt planned but it still happened. She was better off in UA over being in the house of those that were personally hurt by her

Krakoa's setup has its own problematic issues as we saw with the Scalphunter and the Morlocks