View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    That has never been stated anywhere and it dont make sense in universe and irl. Every country has a right to defend itself against aggressors.

Attachment 94110
    As I think others already said, Krakoa didn't exist when M-Day happened, so they can't say it was an attack on Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As I think others already said, Krakoa didn't exist when M-Day happened, so they can't say it was an attack on Krakoa.
    Thats literally not how things work irl.

Astonishing Member

Krakatoa will be handing over the numerous wanted criminals they're harbouring to human nations any day now.

Extraordinary Member

I will say that if Hickman is building up to some kind of confrontation with The Pretender then the Eichmann parallels are almost certainly going to be brought up by someone. (Probably a "villain" like Exodus, since Hickman likes to put controversial statements into the mouths of unsympathetic characters so we can argue about whether to agree with them or not.) If she's been built up as this enemy of all mutantkind then someone is going to want to kidnap her and bring her to "justice," and it's not like she hasn't already been kidnapped 13532teen times. She's super easy to kidnap.

Comics are far from irl. They drop storylines from events on the regular.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

No. Trial is a waste of time. Just kill her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I will say that if Hickman is building up to some kind of confrontation with The Pretender then the Eichmann parallels are almost certainly going to be brought up by someone. (Probably a "villain" like Exodus, since Hickman likes to put controversial statements into the mouths of unsympathetic characters so we can argue about whether to agree with them or not.) If she's been built up as this enemy of all mutantkind then someone is going to want to kidnap her and bring her to "justice," and it's not like she hasn't already been kidnapped 13532teen times. She's super easy to kidnap.
    he is just bringing her up as an element of worldbuilding to a mutant culture, wich needs to recognize its history, but hickman never used wanda when he was in the avengers , why now?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. Trial is a waste of time. Just kill her
    Rogue already did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    he is just bringing her up as an element of worldbuilding to a mutant culture, wich needs to recognize its history, but hickman never used wanda when he was in the avengers , why now?
    He won't is my guess. He doesn't really need to do it either.

Extraordinary Member

but hickman never used wanda when he was in the avengers , why now?
    Because he dislikes the Avengers but loves X-Men.

To use her in the Avengers he'd have had to care about the core Avengers characters and Avengers lore, which he did not.

Using her as Mutant Enemy #1 is something he can get behind.

BANNED

No. She shouldn't. We don't care about villains doing bad things in this era, or something like that I am told.

BANNED

Because he dislikes the Avengers but loves X-Men.

To use her in the Avengers he'd have had to care about the core Avengers characters and Avengers lore, which he did not.

Using her as Mutant Enemy #1 is something he can get behind.
    okay, you can do it witout actually ever writing her, do a crossover event or mini, what do you want exactly from this idea?

Extraordinary Member

okay, you can do it witout actually ever writing her, do a crossover event or mini, what do you want exactly from this idea?
    I think that if he's going to have characters defame her and cover their ears when her name is mentioned I'd at least like to see her show up. That would mean some mutants would say nice things about her, just to create conflict with the ones who (rightly, in your view) detest her.

Just on a sales basic I think a story where the "No More Mutants Lady" shows up in X-Men would sell copies. Even I admit that adding Wanda back to the Avengers where she belongs wouldn't boost sales much. I'd just rather see her in a comic that sells and if it's not going to be Avengers then I'll take X-Men.

Astonishing Member

I think that if he's going to have characters defame her and cover their ears when her name is mentioned I'd at least like to see her show up. That would mean some mutants would say nice things about her, just to create conflict with the ones who (rightly, in your view) detest her.

Just on a sales basic I think a story where the "No More Mutants Lady" shows up in X-Men would sell copies. Even I admit that adding Wanda back to the Avengers where she belongs wouldn't boost sales much. I'd just rather see her in a comic that sells and if it's not going to be Avengers then I'll take X-Men.
    She needs to do interesting things to raise sales, on Avengers or X-men. Her being in "hibernation" is why her popularity has died down, she was more popular years ago. She's not a heavy hitter Avenger so she's going to hurt by this more than Captain America.

Both Avengers and X-Men do fine sales wise. Wanda just needs her own stories, or back on the main team. Her popularity these days are from the films. That's it.