View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 105 of 123 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1837
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's not a hypocrite on this basis. I dont know why you and other supporters keep bringing up CC. Regardless of what he may have felt going into this story once Wanda's plight was explained he ultimately agreed to leave her alone bc the Life Force was thrown out there as a possibility for what led to her actions. There was nothing wrong for him to be emotionally charged given what she did to his people but he was rationale enough to fall back and accept what happened with her. Scott let it go and 8 years later he has not gone back on that.
    Because it's the same situation with two opposite reactions, decided entirely on his feelings that about consistent moral principles. The fact he had to be convinced to do this anyway shows how his feelings are when it comes to the incidents. His opinion is that being possessed means they should be punished severely, but if it's someone he cares about he'll protect them even when they're trying to kill him. Being emotional is expected, to ignore his past experiences with events like this is not. Having string emotions don't make him right, all that shows is that he has strong emotions - which lead to reckless actions since he's being directed by impulses not thinking clearly. What Scott thinks about Wanda is unknown and its worrying since the last few years have disappeared from his experiences and we know the memories from the resurrection process are being modified without consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Magneto and the Avengers believe in Doom, Wolverine and Cyclops think that he is lying.

There are two possible interpretations, either Doom was telling the truth or Doom took the blame to protect Wanda (or increase his own ego).

Both theories make sense to me.
    Doom's real love is power. Nothing else. He wanted to be close to Wanda for her power, specifically how her power makes her a conduit. And he almost succeeded in getting a universal impacting power for himself. Before he was stopped. I'd think the only other person besides himself that he really cares about is Valeria.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

After the beginning of Empyre X-Men revealed Wanda is responsible for the mutant zombies of Genosha rising could this be yet another reason for Krakoas Quiet Council to haul Wanda in to answer some questions.
    I wonder if this will be addressed in issue #4 ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    After the beginning of Empyre X-Men revealed Wanda is responsible for the mutant zombies of Genosha rising could this be yet another reason for Krakoas Quiet Council to haul Wanda in to answer some questions.
    Hopefully thrown in the pit with Sabretooth for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Probably. This mini is a round-robin thing with writers taking turns writing a few pages at a time, and Hickman wrote the opening scene with Wanda and is, I believe, coming back to write the ending.

I'm guessing he used his pages to set up something that he would otherwise have done elsewhere. Whether that's "Wanda is now dead and/or a zombie" I have no idea. But I doubt it will end in the pages of this (deliberately) silly miniseries.

We saw what happened in HoM and CC. Doom was a victim of Wandas spell and warped into Magnetos errand boy. Wanda went to Doom over Strange to get the life force because she knew Strange wouldn't approve. She knew it was dangerous and it was her idea. This further confirms it.

Selene is there as is Magik who will undo Wandas " magical fart"

Wanda is like a virus with no vaccine on the horizon.

Extraordinary Member

The "ring a bigger bell" line also confirms that Doctor Strange gives terrible, terrible advice, at least where Wanda is concerned. It's in the classic tradition of "using magic to have kids with a robot is no biggie, you can trust me, I'm not a very good doctor any more."

If Empyre doesn’t end with Magik teleporting all of those zombies onto Wanda’s front lawn I’m going to be livid.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    If Empyre doesn’t end with Magik teleporting all of those zombies onto Wanda’s front lawn I’m going to be livid.
    That would be the level of pettiness that we need.

Extraordinary Member

As a Wanda fan I consider you folks very optimistic for believing she wasn't just killed and eaten off-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    As a Wanda fan I consider you folks very optimistic for believing she wasn't just killed and eaten off-panel.
    She appeared in the Avengers issue :|

The Avengers office would never let her die in an X-Book, they need her to fill in the backgrounds in their comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She appeared in the Avengers issue :|

The Avengers office would never let her die in an X-Book, they need her to fill in the backgrounds in their comics.
    This is 2020 when the X-Books get whatever they want (and why not, the fans deserve it after the Inhumans years). If Hickman wants it he gets it. Maybe the Avengers character is Mystique or something. Or else no one tells Jim Zub anything.