View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 66 of 96 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Oh so that explains that issue from 2000 where Kulan Gath chained the Avengers to a wall (they used to get chained to the wall like every year) but put some metal blindfold thing over Wanda's eyes.

I guess the theory is she can't zap unless she knows where she's zapping? Maybe? Who knows. Nothing about her power makes sense.
    She needs… vision to use her powers… Who would zap without knowing where zapping, anyway?

Impressive panel.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Has Wanda EVER Said something positive about Mutants??
    Wanda needs more therapy for the deep-seated self-loathing she feels. Perhaps Emma can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wanda is a mess and is confused. It will be very tough to retcon her back to being a mutant but it must occur and it shall.
    I hope her fans and the X-fans can at some point reconcile.
    PEACE !!!! We can all get along. I feel strongly in my bones there is a great tale to be told of Wanda learning to love herself fully, by helping out the very race she nearly destroyed. It's beautiful
    I think Wanda and Pietro as mutants again who are forced to deal with mutant issues would be great, not as Avengers seemingly above it all. Pietro never had the levels of angst and anti-mutant self-hatred that Wanda does but he's definitely more malicious in his destructive actions and gets away with them just like his sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

If Wanda was a "self-hatred" mutant then why she didn't depower herself as well during the M day

She depowered her "family" but not herself...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If Wanda was a "self-hatred" mutant then why she didn't depower herself as well during the M day

She depowered her "family" but not herself...
    She couldn't depower her Chthonic powers.
    Was Curlytop

But i guess she could have deleted the mutant gen in her and still having witch powers but this didn't happen since she was known as a mutant before the retcon
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-09-2020 at 07:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just like there's a popular fan theory that Wanda's instability in Disassembled/House of M was caused by her exposure to DC's chaos magic in JLA/Avengers, there's a fan theory that "no more mutants" accidentally transformed her and Pietro into non-mutants, and that explains the AXIS retcon.

there's a fan theory that "no more mutants" accidentally transformed her and Pietro into non-mutants, and that explains the AXIS retcon.
    That works perfectly for me.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That works perfectly for me.
    makes perfect sense to me too. her subconscious of course wouldn't hurt or depower her and pietro and thereby changed them into something else. it's way to simple and makes way to much sense to ever happen but yeah, thats about as easy of a fix as you can have there.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    But i guess she could have deleted the mutant gen in her and still having witch powers but this didn't happen since she was known as a mutant before the retcon
    Her mutant powers were not her most powerful. They were the Chthonic powers that gave her chaos magic. Before the retcon, her mutant energy hex abilities hadn't been really mentioned in decades.
    Was Curlytop

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Her mutant powers were not her most powerful. They were the Chthonic powers that gave her chaos magic. Before the retcon, her mutant energy hex abilities hadn't been really mentioned in decades.
    Her hex bolts weren't her most powerful ability but, for me, they were far more interesting and original than 'magic did it'. They were powerful but not horrifically OP like she is now.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Her hex bolts weren't her most powerful ability but, for me, they were far more interesting and original than 'magic did it'. They were powerful but not horrifically OP like she is now.
    I find the Chthonic stuff interesting because she gets her powers from one of her biggest villains. They just need to do another story of that. Since the one they did is now so old.
    Was Curlytop

Astonishing Member

Just like there's a popular fan theory that Wanda's instability in Disassembled/House of M was caused by her exposure to DC's chaos magic in JLA/Avengers, there's a fan theory that "no more mutants" accidentally transformed her and Pietro into non-mutants, and that explains the AXIS retcon.

It was the DC side that was effected by JLA/Avengers in canon, not Marvel. They had continuing storylines from that, like Krona's egg. It was the foundation for the Countdown series and the Crime Syndicate storyline. Nothing in Marvel supports this aside from fan speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    She’s definitely said some anti-human stuff, which is the same thing to some people.
    But that doesn't cover the question I asked
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Lol I know you're joking, but kind of? Despite being defeated by a blindfold, she was very proud of hey mutant hex bolts. She and Pietro are both devasted when their powers weaken and they worry they're not real mutants.

Ha! Found it. Avengers 16 or 17

What a wimp.

She also remarks once that she didn't take anti-mutant prejudice seriously enough as an Avenger. She lead a public life as a famous mutant and people do recognize her in the street this issue (Avengers 113 or 114?) but she can also walk around more freely than Nightcrawler or Mole.

Dangi wasnt expecting th3 post to be avswred so swiftly. Sooo the answer seems to be a resounding No I hope this retcon sticks and we can clear up some potential storylines/forum threads for some real Mutants lol
    Like ShatterStar or Nova
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-09-2020 at 10:55 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Sarcasm is tough to read, I know.
    Yup. Yes misread it.
    “The Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. It’s the only thing they’ll respect.” - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yup. Yes misread it.
    Nice sarcasm...
    GrindrStone(D)