Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cable #3 Spoilers - "This is so deeply #@$@ up."

There is a dream of Kid Cable killing his older self and his older self asks him "do you really want this to be your future?" right before he is shot. Esme tells him that reliving this is not self care and to wake up bc they arent in Philly anymore. At the North Pole, the cyborgs are after the Light of the Galador sword. Their planet was destroyed while they were hibernating and want to use the sword to make their people restore their flesh bodies. Plan B will be to transform Earth into their home planet. Nate then gets into a fight over the sword. He makes a deal with them. He trades his time machine to save their planet so that he can keep the sword. Nate asks Esme where they buried Cable and she asks Emma

At the grave site in Westchester, they see a dug up grave with a Staten Island Mexican food trash, which leads him to Deadpool and he demands the body. DP refuses bc he is now a king and bc Nate murdeed his friend. Nate calls him out on killing Cable a month before he did. DP looks at Esme and asks which one is she? Bumma? Coleen? Nate wants his body back and DP takes him to it. Cable's body is encased in a pool table.

Cable breaks the glass and grabs the TO arm. Im assuming thats where the time machine is. We then get a note from Cable to DP saying that he reorganized his defenses adn if he dies, to take his body and make sure it and the arm dont fall under Stryfe's possession. Cable says he'll find DP later. Wade writes back and says he is honored to collect his remains

Later in PA, an old man with a fresh X scar on his face collects Stinger's baby from a car and welcomes her to their new house of worship. Its the Order of X and the kidnappers carve X into their faces. They present the baby mutant girl to their Monsignor, a blond man who tells them to put the baby with the others

Another good issue. I love this series and the plot is starting to come together. I like how its bringing in the Order of X which was used in the other books and they look freaky.
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-19-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Well Duggan writing Deadpool was a delight, even if it was a very short appearance. The pool table was hilarious. I think that's what Kelly Thompson's DP was missing, some dark humor. Wade should have a little bit more edge to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Well Duggan writing Deadpool was a delight, even if it was a very short appearance. I think that's what Kelly Thompson's DP was missing, some dark humor. Wade should have a little bit more edge to him.
    This was the best DP I've read in ages. He works better like this than the over the top 4th wall breaking jester. This reminds me more of Remender's DP from UXF

This was great and Deadpool was so funny. The crypt/man cave was great.

Mommy Emma <3
    Last edited by Veitha; 08-19-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't really care very much about Cable, but I've been enjoying this series so far. It's consistently pretty funny, with some interesting and meaningful upcoming story teasers, and beautiful art by Noto. The only nitpick was the art was a little unclear during the fight scene between Cable and the Knights.

It's weird that this human cult is being set up as a big, ominous threat when the other plot lines with the knights and the return of old cable feel more important. I wonder if the Order of X is supposed to tie-in to X of Swords somehow.

I think they're setting them up to be something big later on for all the books.

Order of X has also appeared in Wolverine, Marauders and X-Force but they are still nothing more than "U-Men but religious". But if it's precisely that, Hickman might be planning something fun with Sublime, he loves Morrison's stuff.

Cable is now my favourite Dawn of X title, this issue was excellent. It actually makes me want to read the writer's Deadpool now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxx View Post
    Cable is now my favourite Dawn of X title, this issue was excellent. It actually makes me want to read the writer's Deadpool now.
    Duggan's Deadpool is the best Deadpool series ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Duggan's Deadpool is the best Deadpool series ever.
    Thanks! I'm definitely going to give it a read then!

Really fun issue. Who is Bumma and Coleen? And who is the blond man at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    That was clearly a joke. Bumma was a play on Emma and Coleen was a random name. The blonde man appear to be the leader of the OoX

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Bumma and Colleen are the sorts of names Wade thinks the Cuckoos have.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I thought the leader of Order of X might be William Stryker, but I think he died in Weapon X?