View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 84 of 123 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1837
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They tried to lynch her in Children's Crusade and Rogue murdered her over it and she tried to alienate her from the Avengers over this - this occurred in Uncanny Avengers. This thread is about whether Wanda should be on trial, there are no limits on what comics we can discuss related to the events.
    it occured in a now gone timeline, it never happened in canon yet here you are using that as an example.
    repeat with me: it did not happen in canon, it was erased with time travel.

They tried to lynch her in Children's Crusade and Rogue murdered her over it and she tried to alienate her from the Avengers over this - this occurred in Uncanny Avengers. This thread is about whether Wanda should be on trial, there are no limits on what comics we can discuss related to the events.
    Rogue wasnt an X-man in Uncanny Avengers and most definitely was not representing them. The X-men as a whole have left Wanda alone since the Doom reveal in CC. Trying to lynch her there is irrelevant bc I specifically said after that book. There's 10 years worth of story where the X-men and Wanda have little to nothing to do with each other outside of AvX and that wasnt about hunting Wanda down for HoM. You are reaching to suggest that they have been hassling her since CC bc that simply is not true at all
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-19-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rogue wasnt an X-man in Uncanny Avengers and most definitely was not representing them. The X-men as a whole have left Wanda alone since the Doom reveal in CC. Trying to lynch her there is irrelevant bc I specifically said after that book. There's 10 years worth of story where the X-men and Wanda have little to nothing to do with each other outside of AvX and that wasnt about hunting Wanda down for HoM. You are reaching to suggest that they have been hassling her since CC bc that simply is not true at all
    That Bendis issue of "All-New X-Men" with the Uncanny Avengers I think kind of summed up Wanda's presence in the X-Men books post-AvX. The teen X-Men are horrified to learn about the Decimation and that Wanda was allowed to become an Avenger after that, but all the adults on both teams (including Rogue) are like, whatever, this is just something they've accepted and moved on from once the Decimation storyline ended. Wolverine just says "it's complicated" when Teen Beast asks him about it.

Of course the story is now relevant again because Hickman is addressing what happened to the depowered mutants. It'll be interesting to see, if Hickman keeps going with this story thread, what the attitudes of the heroes toward Wanda will be. So far we have not seen the incident discussed by them, but they'll have to take a stand if there is some kind of trial storyline.

You say that as if it mattered to people if they were reacting like they did to Wanda. Meanwhile, we have the PF who are defended fiercely, despite doing worse things than Wanda under possession.
    lol Bruh You seriously cannot be saying that free energy, free clean water, free food for the hungry is worse than killing folks across all of reality....thats beyond ridiculous

Sinister and the High Evolutionary depowered mutants in the past, yet nobody is counting how many people they killed and unlike Wanda if Sinister knew he wouldn't care.
    I suck at Math and even I know its waaaaay less than Wanda's +that was before the mutant boom+You had Domina of the Neo going after him akilling a buncha his clones+It was only for one day in one reality+They are villains they do bad stuff+The HE betrayed Sinister who was trying to mutate the world (doesnt make sense Sinister who's obsessed with mutant DNA to get rid of them does it)=Times up for Wanda

They were acting like super-villains, including murdering people who they got angry. You're omitting the fact how the X-men teamed with up with the Avengers to stop them. They weren't soldiers, they were deities who got corrupted by a powerful force of nature that eats planets. This isn't a strong defense of the PF, put some effort into it. The PF did kill civilians, like Emma Frost.
    Yes, Im sure the starving people who got fed, people in need of clean water reeeeeeally consider them super villains. lol The only people who did were the Avengers and Wanda,then the Xmen when it was clear they werent in their right frame of mind and tbh I would take it as a badge of honor if some genocidal murderer considered me a bad guy. Yes Cyclops killed a man who was openly antagonizing him, and Emma killed a mutant killer, but I guess if both had been just innocent mutants It would be all good

She went to Doom to get her children back, you say that like that was a crime unto itself. Well hes a bad guy soooo its bad. No, she didn't kill countless people across dimensions.
    lol Dude She. Did. just go back and read the scene in endangered species. If you can accept Doom's involvement but not that youre just ignoring whats canon and there on the page because you like the character. Sure Doom pulled the trigger but Wanda loaded and handed him the gun

Moving the goal posts. Why aren't the X-men trying to bring Doom down for M-Day?
    Uh I don't know maybe the figure the Avengers or FF or Wanda would do it....or maybe they are still ensuring the remaining mutants are wiped out. Either way you can't come up with an excuse for Wanda....cause there isn't one. Next
    Exodus puts it all on Wanda.
    Does he know about Doom's involvement?
    Slut shaming, of course. How dare a woman have more than one partner in her life time.
    More like shaming her partners...I can't imagine the kinda low selfesteem a person who sleeps with someone guilty of genocide must have...YIKES!
    Your attitude about genocide is hypocritical since you're not interested in punishing the X-villains for their crimes against mutants or humans.
    lol This is a thread about Wanda a hero...Why oh WHy create a thread asking if a Bad guy should be on trial for a crime they commited. It's like common sense.

They tried to lynch her in Children's Crusade
    Did the Xmen have a rope and a tree picked out? Nope they tried to bring her to justice...lynching someone and forcing them to stand trial are different.
    Rogue murdered her over it
    Theres been several people and scans explaining thats not the case yet you still continue to believe it....
    and she tried to alienate her from the Avengers over this
    lol oh Rogue was mean to her? lol if this is a hassle in response to Wanda killing a buncha her people then Wanda reeeeeeally needs to toughen up
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol Bruh You seriously cannot be saying that free energy, free clean water, free food for the hungry is worse than killing folks across all of reality....thats beyond ridiculous
    I don't think you'd be this ok with it had Wanda done that. Dictatorships are wrong, that's why the X-men took down the Phoenix Five. Those darn X-men, ruining the PF's fun! How dare they.

I suck at Math and even I know its waaaaay less than Wanda's +that was before the mutant boom+You had Domina of the Neo going after him akilling a buncha his clones+It was only for one day in one reality+They are villains they do bad stuff+The HE betrayed Sinister who was trying to mutate the world (doesnt make sense Sinister who's obsessed with mutant DNA to get rid of them does it)=Times up for Wanda
    Moving the goal posts, we don't know how many mutants died when Sinister did that because Krakoa's more interested in keeping him happy then acknwodging the facts. Those numbers weren't made by an omniscient author, it was made in the voice by someone with an agenda. One day is all it takes, yet deaths only are on the hero's shoulders, not the villain's. That was canon, how you feel about it is besides the point.

Yes, Im sure the starving people who got fed, people in need of clean water reeeeeeally consider them super villains. lol The only people who did were the Avengers and Wanda,then the Xmen when it was clear they werent in their right frame of mind and tbh I would take it as a badge of honor if some genocidal murderer considered me a bad guy. Yes Cyclops killed a man who was openly antagonizing him, and Emma killed a mutant killer, but I guess if both had been just innocent mutants It would be all good
    The X-men weren't under the influence of a cosmic space chicken, the PF were. Where were these so-called supporters after the PF incident ended? Are you forgetting what Namor did to Wakanda? Destroying countries isn't something to be proud of, and murder isn't either. Wanda's on the hook despite not doing intentionally, while Emma and Scott get to murder people on a whim and they're "heroes." Scott didn't kill a random man, he killed Charles Xavier. Getting into a argument with someone isn't ok to murder them, that's on Scott not Xavier. Emma was judge, jury and executioner, she didn't put him on trial. That's frowned upon. Even Judge Dredd has higher standards when he executes criminals. He should have paid for his crimes but she made him a victim instead.

lol Dude She. Did. just go back and read the scene in endangered species. If you can accept Doom's involvement but not that youre just ignoring whats canon and there on the page because you like the character. Sure Doom pulled the trigger but Wanda loaded and handed him the gun
    All that showed was mutants being depowered, they didn't show countless graves and that is hardly concrete canon since it was barely referenced outside of it. Not too long after that the mutant populations in numerous realities were back to soaring heights, as seen in Secret Wars. Wanda was only there to get her children back, he manipulated and used her for his own purposes and despite Doom's role in M-Day there is barely a hint of the rage at him compared to Wanda herself. If Doom pulled the trigger where is the anger at him doing it?

Uh I don't know maybe the figure the Avengers or FF or Wanda would do it....or maybe they are still ensuring the remaining mutants are wiped out. Either way you can't come up with an excuse for Wanda....cause there isn't one. Next
    Does he know about Doom's involvement?
    So now it's ok for the X-men to sit it out while the Earth gets conquered and entire timelines are destroyed? You're not grasping how big a threat Kang and the various enemies in "Avengers Forever" were, he was conquering the planet by himself in "Kang War" and the X-men couldn't be bothered showing up. This exposes the hypocrisy with that stance that it's the Avengers fault they don't show up to help the X-men and mutants in their fights. I mean, it's just reality and the Earth they live in - you'd think the X-men would have cause for concern. Once again dodging the X-men letting Doom go, shows they weren't that bothered by M-day as we thought.

More like shaming her partners...I can't imagine the kinda low selfesteem a person who sleeps with someone guilty of genocide must have...YIKES! lol This is a thread about Wanda a hero...Why oh WHy create a thread asking if a Bad guy should be on trial for a crime they commited. It's like common sense.
    Shaming people over who they choose as sexual partners isn't very progressive, especially since she's dating a Black man now.

So your only interested in attacking Wanda herself, whoever else had anything to do with M-Day isn't worth the hassle. This isn't about M-Day or deaths or genocide, its an excuse to hurt Wanda the character.

Did the Xmen have a rope and a tree picked out? Nope they tried to bring her to justice...lynching someone and forcing them to stand trial are different. Theres been several people and scans explaining thats not the case yet you still continue to believe it....
    lol oh Rogue was mean to her? lol if this is a hassle in response to Wanda killing a buncha her people then Wanda reeeeeeally needs to toughen up
    No need, their powers would have finished her off in seconds - and it's not like she was fighting back. What the X-men had planned had nothing to do with justice, there would be no trials for Wanda Maximoff. They made that very clear. The scans are right and they don't put the X-men in a good light, it's why many X-fans didn't like how the X-men were in Children's Crusade. Wanda must pay for making them look like jerks. Deliberately isolating someone from their support network isn't "mean," it's above to destroy them utterly. It's like the X-men aren't friends with worse people right now, killing mutants doesn't bother them when they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I think Disney is contractually obligated to give it a theater release
    Let me ask this, is this movie worth risking one's health for if they do indeed give it a theatrical release and not a digital one? I mean i wouldn't go because i never got int New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Let me ask this, is this movie worth risking one's health for if they do indeed give it a theatrical release and not a digital one? I mean i wouldn't go because i never got int New Mutants.
    If a person is seriously thinks they are risking their health(and the health of others) by going to see a movie, and decides to anyway...I'd hope it'll at least be for a R-Rated movie.
    GrindrStone(D)

I think we're risking our health by delaying it. I'm pretty sure the next time we come close to it coming out, we'll hit the apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    If a person is seriously thinks they are risking their health(and the health of others) by going to see a movie, and decides to anyway...I'd hope it'll at least be for a R-Rated movie.
    Hmm, you raise a good point there though frankly, I doubt it will get that way, not with Disney at the helm... I have all but given up any hope of another Deadpool movie because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosley View Post
    I think we're risking our health by delaying it. I'm pretty sure the next time we come close to it coming out, we'll hit the apocalypse
    this all day
    GrindrStone(D)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You're risking your health at least just as much every time you buy groceries.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Groceries are vital, and you're only meant to do what's absolutely necessary. Movies are a luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I need groceries too live, and last I checked I don't need a New Mutants movie to do that.

Now, what movies I'd be willing to brave the danger? Wonder Woman 84, Black Widow...i'll even risk it for Godzilla VS Kong, but not for New Mutants, they had their shot to come out on the big screen multiple times, well I for one think they blew their last shot with me so good luck to them and I hope it's better than Apocalypse or Dark Phoenix but I am out.

I usually buy enough groceries to not have to go out again for a while. And get in and out of that place as quickly as possible. I do not want to spend 2 or 3 hours in a room with people I'm not typically around until there is a vaccine. So movies won't be a thing for me until then. I'd continue to pay $20 to watch them online though. Already did that with a few of the movies that were released online.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

No, she should just be murdered on sight.