View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch stand trial for House of M ?

Should Scarlet Witch stand trial for her House of M actions ?
    Though House of M happened 15 years ago many mutants lost their birthgiven powers and were made human due to this event.
    Now that Krakoa is recognised as a nation is it time for mutants to pass judgement on one of the most tragic events in mutant history.
    How will the quiet Council of Krakoa judge Wandas actions during House of M ?.
    It will be interesting Magnetos' stance towards Wanda now that she isn't his daughter due to the Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 Retcon.
    Will the retcon stay or will they return Wanda and Pietro to being mutants.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

If she's not a mutant Krakoa has no right to persecute her

If she's a mutant Krakoa's memo is to pardon all mutants for their previous crimes

The queen will be free either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

If she's a mutant Krakoa's memo is to pardon all mutants for their previous crimes

And they'll deal.

Yes, IMO she should. Her actions caused a lot of people a lot of problems.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I think she should, but her penance is to join the X-Men and work to rebuild Krakoa. Maximum drama.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yes, IMO she should. Her actions caused a lot of people a lot of problems.
    Yes, just to finally get it out of the way and have some resolution to that mess. And Celgress, that would be an epic understatement.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It is being undone. I don't see the point.

just like Xavier is alive again

haha Krakoa played itself fine here

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This, Wanda keeps winning

This and if they try something strange the Avengers will bomb them period

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    This and if they try something strange the Avengers will bomb them period
    The Avengers will bomb them? The Avengers a metaphor for US imperialism, white supremacy and militarism? I guess that fits.

Here's the asnwer

Personally, I suspect the hard line taken on whether she is a mutant taken by Hickman is part of a long play to re-establish her as a mutant.

I can see it now. The easiest way to do it is to put her on trial and one strand of defence comes from someone who stands neutral to time and reality manipulation (pick your watcher analog).

All they would need to say is that when she said “No More Mutants” she effectively changed reality around herself and made it such that she was no longer a mutant. This then explains why the newer chronology doesn’t quite add-up and it sends Wanda into a new (or yet another) arc of self-discovery where she changes reality back to how it should be.

Of course, none of this would make her guilty or not guilty, but it could help with the defence to demonstrate she was equally a victim of the situation. Plus becoming a mutant again would give Krakoa a dilemma. All very juicy storytelling fodder.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Genocide's bad under every circumstance, and they don't have to succeed for it to be bad. Do you care about the Morlocks? Wanda didn't erase the mutant race, either, but you're siding with the person who has no remorse over it and did it with direct intent. He was so unconcerned about killing anyone who knew of it he wanted dead.
    Dude. Obviously.
    but the Morlock Massacre is an example of attempted Genocide against the Morlocks not all of mutantkind
    I know what amnesty is. However, getting it shouldn't be a "get out of jail free card" for every monster they can get their hands on who tried to murder the X-men in their super-hero careers, sometimes all at once.
    That's literally what it means tho. And not every monster...just mutant monsters lol
    If Xavier had offered that amnesty to Wanda would you be so forgiving like you are with Sinister?
    Dude No one is forgiving of Sinister....not sure why you are ignoring that bit of info. Would I be cool with Wanda having Amnesty? I def wouldnt trust her ever if I were one of the mutants. It woulda been cool had she came to Xavier after KraKoa was formed....as a sign of peace and penance buuuut she didnt sooooo
    Sinister's a good example since he's technically not a mutant and stole the x-gene he's using from Thunderbird. The only reason Wanda isn't a mutant at the moment was because of rights issues between Fox and Marvel, and this'll be retconned back soon since Marvel got the X-men back.
    Well this sinister is a mutant clone of Sinister..sooo hes always had an X-Gene. Not sure whyyyy the movieverse is being brought up...

You're defending Sinister in this very post. Read any thread about the Crucible, Apocalypse is a rock star and whenever his villainous activities in Excalibur are bought up they're given a shrug or ignored entirely. Which is strange considering how Rogue and Betsy are popular X-men. I'm reading the intent clearly, but I am intrigued why this is the time to put on the breaks that supporting X-villains is bad, and continue defending Sinister.
    Correcting wrong and false statements/accusations isnt in defense of a person. If anything its a defense against fake facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    People are fascinated by power and Sinister and Apocalypse are considered as "bigger guns" than Rogue and Betsy, which I found offensive for these latter. Maybe women are considered as less important in comics…
    lol Dude there's no other superhero franshise where the women are as celebrated and powerful than the Xmen. Buuuuut if you wanna keep up that narrative...go head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I wonder if the feelings would have be the same if Wanda were a mutant and a man…
    Yeah...probably
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dude. Obviously.
    but the Morlock Massacre is an example of attempted Genocide against the Morlocks not all of mutantkind
    This is a very bizarre response when the subject is of genocide. Given how marginalised Morlocks are within the mutant community in Marvel I'd have thought you'd be more emotionally invested in their safety. Maybe you're not a fan of Marrow, or Callisto so their passing wouldn't affect you.

That's literally what it means tho. And not every monster...just mutant monsters lol
    It's how it was used that I was disagreeing with. Mutants can't be monsters in your eyes? Intriguing.

Dude No one is forgiving of Sinister....not sure why you are ignoring that bit of info. Would I be cool with Wanda having Amnesty? I def wouldnt trust her ever if I were one of the mutants. It woulda been cool had she came to Xavier after KraKoa was formed....as a sign of peace and penance buuuut she didnt sooooo
    Your response in the prior post suggests otherwise, and so does this one with your first paragraph. I know this is comic books so it's necessary to not view everything as emotionally "real" but your reactions between what Wanda and Sinister doing is startling. Would you be so lenient had Sinister not been in Krakoa, I wonder? You don't trust the woman who was having the worst day of her life and was a veteran super-hero and had remorse for what she did but a man who does the same thing who had no regrets and is someone who is defined by being an edgy super-villain is ok.

When did Sinister ever do any penance for Krakoa? He's still a super-villain and everyone knows it. Even Exodus does. But you're right, she's not on Team Krakoa so she must therefore be bad.

Well this sinister is a mutant clone of Sinister..sooo hes always had an X-Gene. Not sure whyyyy the movieverse is being brought up...
    Semantics. Sinister was "born" in the 18th century as a human transformed by Apocalypse. He's not a mutant. The context was for why Wanda wasn't a mutant, you know what I was getting at. It's known that Sinister can possess his cloned bodies. His theatrics on Krakoa are an act akin to the Joker. But You this.

Correcting wrong and false statements/accusations isnt in defense of a person. If anything its a defense against fake facts.
    Nothing I've said has been false. It is possible to do what you saying as a neutral observer but that's not what you've been doing. When accountability comes for Sinister it's all "but.." and when it comes to Wanda she's got to go. No questions asked.

lol Dude there's no other superhero franshise where the women are as celebrated and powerful than the Xmen. Buuuuut if you wanna keep up that narrative...go head.
    It's not a narrative when it's the truth. You don't want Quicksilver's head on a platter.

Yeah...probably
    Yes, definitely. M-Day involved Quicksilver, there are no threads calling for his trial - all the attention is on Scarlet Witch. Maybe Wanda should have tried lying that it was a Skull who did M-Day like he did and nobody would hate her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Women were celebrated in Claremont's world.
    In Hickman's world, it is between Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse…

Yes, there's Moira who once a good woman, now so ruthless and unemotional that she is unrecognizable. She's just used as a plot device and will, probably, end under a glass dome to be sure the universe won't reset. Who needs her opinion? What will she do? Threatening suicide?
    Hickman's run is the revenge of patriarchy. (What are you doing, Jean? Preparing the meal while the men are talking?)

Betsy is one of the rare gems that shines in this bleak landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    You're shining too…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe