View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Wanda is a mass murderess criminal. She deserves trial and punishment. Imprisonent. I am against death sentences. I find incredible the ethical lesson Marvel is doing here. Basically if you kill thoushands and maime millions BUT you are beatiful then it is OK. We wouldnt be discussing this if she were an ugly criminal like Thanos.
    Apocalypse isn't exactly pretty, and he's getting a pass in Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Apocalypse says that he was the reason the bronze age fall

Wanda didn't murdered anyone

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    He is a real mutant and he has not succesfully tried to wipe out a whole race.. he has tried, true, but not to Wanda´s extent. And make no mistake, I also feel criminals like Apocalypse, Selene and Jean even should stand trial. I don´t see at all the ethics on this new start in Krakoa... If you were a D´Barian or in love with somebody Selene or Gorgon killed possibly your view of Justice would not be served.. those are poor grounds to build a new Society. Same for this nonsense of combat to get ressurected in order to get your powers back. Are those the pillars of the next evolutionary Society? Agressivity, violence, unaccountability?? Poor pillars they are...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

My thing is sinister literally slices up mutants and steals there genes yet he gets a pass he's a bigger "pretender" then Wanda yet his reward is a seat on the council, the hypocrisy is so in your face it's irritating.

Are those the pillars of the next evolutionary Society? Agressivity, violence, unaccountability?? Poor pillars they are...
    Those are the kinds of pillars that Apocalypse wants and the X-men are allowing and they've given him a position of power.

The Bishop and Cable need to sit down the rest of the X-men and have a nice long talk about what happens when you put Apocalypse in charge of a society.

He is a real mutant and he has not succesfully tried to wipe out a whole race.. he has tried, true, but not to Wanda´s extent.
    Wanda did what she did when she was being manipulated by others and wasn't in her right mind. Apocalypse and Sinister do what they do because they want to.

Also kind in mind Sinister shut down EVERY mutant power on the planet once. It's just that the X-men were able to fix what he did.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 03-06-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My thing is sinister literally slices up mutants and steals there genes yet he gets a pass he's a bigger "pretender" then Wanda yet his reward is a seat on the council, the hypocrisy is so in your face it's irritating.
    Sorry? are you reading what I am posting? I am saying that people like Sinister should also face trial. Is that an argument though? That killing and maiming is fine because there are other people as bad as or even worse?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sorry? are you reading what I am posting? I am saying that people like Sinister should also face trial. Is that an argument though? That killing and maiming is fine because there are other people as bad as or even worse?
    Pretty sure they meant Sinister should be on trial too.

Sinister identifies as a mutant.
    Xavier accepts
    All mutants get pardoned.
    RIP
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pretty sure they meant Sinister should be on trial too.

Sinister identifies as a mutant.
    Xavier accepts
    All mutants get pardoned.
    RIP
    Makes it even more hypocritical.

I'm saying I agree I was referring to Xavier and Co.

A trial for Wanda would likely absolve her of any “murder” charges, anyway.

Well, so long as it isn’t some sort of kangaroo court.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wanda is a mass murderess criminal. She deserves trial and punishment. Imprisonent. I am against death sentences. I find incredible the ethical lesson Marvel is doing here. Basically if you kill thoushands and maime millions BUT you are beatiful then it is OK. We wouldnt be discussing this if she were an ugly criminal like Thanos.
    Funny enough, thanks to Avengers: Infinity War, there's a lot of people that actually think Thanos was in the right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    A trial for Wanda would likely absolve her of any “murder” charges, anyway.

Well, so long as it isn’t some sort of kangaroo court.
    Well shell be found guilty of Genocide so that kinda covers murder
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well shell be found guilty of Genocide so that kinda covers murder
    Genocide has to have intent.

Xavier even notes, after spending time in her mind, that she had lost grip on reality.

If anything, Magneto and Xavier declared themselves responsible for Wanda's mental health, so they were responsible.

BANNED

It's pointless. Wanda committed what basically amounts to genocide, since she put millions of people in harm's way. The only fitting punishments would be death or a life sentence, both of which are measures that would never work in comics. There's also the fact that, being human, she's a potential weapon to be used against Krakoa, since we know the Avengers would fall in line again the moment humanity's leaders decide that they want to get rid of the mutants for good (again). There isn't a specific way to deal with Wanda that would be satisfactory for anyone (particularly considering that she's a hero, with her own set of fans and doesn't belong to the X-Office). Better just let her be Satan for mutants and move against her if it's needed, but a trial would be meaningless.