View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

wanda yelling about mutant culture wasnt a thing was awfull.
    there was a mutant culture she just never bothered to be a part of it and she destroyed what was left of it after genosha

Ya know I think what pisses people off most about this Wanda thing is that canon wise it all worked out for her in the end, meaning she got everything she could ever want, (kids, boyfriend, friendship with ex husband, new origin) meanwhile up until Krakoa mutants have been struggling just to get footing. That being said she played her part helped restore mutants, offered herself up to the X-men, apologized on numerous occasions, and now she's moved on.

At this point have a trial 4 what? They're the ones still mad it's perfectly understandable why she no longer gives a ****. Though I do wish she would just own the whole situation certain writers have her flip back and forth.

Point is Krakoa and mutants can talk **** to the end of time but as far as judging and delivering punishment to Wanda they fucked up and blew their shot.

It didn't work out for her in the end. She never got her kids back. Just their essences in other people's kids. And she's still never been restored to the Avengers main team. They just finally started moving on with the character, because there's nothing left in this 15 year old tale that they botched the ending for.

It's true she didn't have much to do with the mutant side. But her denying mutant culture is a severe re-write of the character. Same with her suddenly being ashamed of it. But it being so terribly depicted in modern comics is also why I want them to completely divorce her from X-stories.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

yeah there's no point, I just want the line written in the sand and no mutants sucking up to her like rogue/alex just to humanize her, have a nation wide hostility towards her
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-10-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It didn't work out for her in the end. She never got her kids back. Just their essences in other people's kids. And she's still never been restored to the Avengers main team. They just finally started moving on with the character, because there's nothing left in this 15 year old tale that they botched the ending for.

It's true she didn't have much to do with the mutant side. But her denying mutant culture is a severe re-write of the character. Same with her suddenly being ashamed of it. But it being so terribly depicted in modern comics is also why I want them to completely divorce her from X-stories.
    See thats why I want them to go in the opposite direction, not a legal trial but something more akin to the labors of Hercules, a good story with the mutants to not retcon away but actually deal with the crap stories that damaged her. Also just my 2cents, the Avengers stories are what ruined her let the X-Men repair her character. That damage will never be repaired as long as they keep her divorced from the mutants who were harmed by her actions.

Also my opinion, she was hurt more by her appearance in Uncanny Avengers than she was by decimation. Its one thing to accidentally destroy things in comics, its a far worse sin to be callous about it as she was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yeah there's no point, I just want the line written in the sand and no mutants sucking up to her like rogue/alex just to humanize her, have a nation wide hostility towards her
    So that she can be the bloody shirt the X-Office waves around every time they want a fight with all the non-X/Spidey IPs?

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

Well she claims them all the same even if she does have unresolved issues with them that deserves group therapy but that's another problem for another day. And she's still an Avenger the team is just constantly swapping out members, canon wise she's an Avenger the readers just don't get to see that alot.

My point is from a strictly comic book perspective it mostly worked out for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So that she can be the bloody shirt the X-Office waves around every time they want a fight with all the non-X/Spidey IPs?

No thanks.
    Id rather get no interactions either, everytime any non x characther shows up in these titles its always at the cost of the x-men, never at their benefit, but since we cant prevent the crossovers might as well have the xside retain a level of dignity

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    See thats why I want them to go in the opposite direction, not a legal trial but something more akin to the labors of Hercules, a good story with the mutants to not retcon away but actually deal with the crap stories that damaged her. Also just my 2cents, the Avengers stories are what ruined her let the X-Men repair her character. That damage will never be repaired as long as they keep her divorced from the mutants who were harmed by her actions.

Also my opinion, she was hurt more by her appearance in Uncanny Avengers than she was by decimation. Its one thing to accidentally destroy things in comics, its a far worse sin to be callous about it as she was.
    Wanda was callous about the whole thing because just probably weeks earlier she helped restore the mutant race and she was still getting bitched at I'd be unsympathetic aswell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Wanda was callous about the whole thing because just probably weeks earlier she helped restore the mutant race and she was still getting bitched at I'd be unsympathetic aswell.
    fixing what you caused is bare minimum, calling the xmen anoying martyrs and mock them is being arrogant, especialy then expecting rogue to be okay with her.

Frankly at this point she should just say **** it and go full on antagonist to Krakoa/Mutants or just stay the path and avoid them all together, while they stay mad and pissy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Frankly at this point she should just say **** it and go full on antagonist to Krakoa/Mutants or just stay the path and avoid them all together, while they stay mad and pissy.
    id rather antagonism as well, genocidal chaos witch that hides behind pretenses of heroism is a hell of a good villain pitch

Is Wanda guilty? No
    Should she stand trial? Yes

Why? Because it would be a hell of an issue. There had been several arguments in this thread, both for and against her. What about seeing them all on panel, between the prosecution and the defense attorney?

BANNED

I Don’t even think she’s truly sorry or even grasps the amount of pain she caused

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Is Wanda guilty? No
    Should she stand trial? Yes

Why? Because it would be a hell of an issue. There had been several arguments in this thread, both for and against her. What about seeing them all on panel, between the prosecution and the defense attorney?
    Okay let's break this imaginary issue down, who does the arresting? whose the judge? does she get a lawyer, character witnesses? who's the prosecutor? who in the marvel universe is relevant and unbiased enough to be on the jury?