View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I Don’t even think she’s truly sorry or even grasps the amount of pain she caused
    I think she was sorry at first but after several attempts at making amends just stopped giving a **** all together and chose to move on with her life and leave mutant drama in the dust. As for the pain probably comprehends but chooses not to let it rule over her.

Extraordinary Member

I Don’t even think she’s truly sorry or even grasps the amount of pain she caused
    There's no on-panel evidence that she isn't sorry except for a few pages' worth of her being a dick to an almost equally dickish Rogue in "Uncanny Avengers." In contradiction to that, Bendis (of all people) showed that she was constantly haunted by what she did and thought about it all the time.

The hardcore anti-Wanda people (not a huge number) won't be satisfied until she and her fans admit that she is the evil person she was made out to be (off-panel) in the Decimation stories, where the X-writers didn't think she'd ever be a hero again. It ain't happening, even if Hickman gets to bring her in to beat up on her. She will always be a hero who was written out-of-character for a few pages.
    Last edited by gurkle; 03-10-2020 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

anyways the trial is presented by judge krakudy, and basicaly nomeies in the jury, it’s fun and campy but also sad
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-10-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Well then I pick Bernie Rosenthal as Wanda's lawyer, haha.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well she claims them all the same even if she does have unresolved issues with them that deserves group therapy but that's another problem for another day. And she's still an Avenger the team is just constantly swapping out members, canon wise she's an Avenger the readers just don't get to see that alot.

My point is from a strictly comic book perspective it mostly worked out for her.
    I disagree. The character is permanently marked by the one event that fridged her. And not remembered for all the good she did, and people she saved for decades leading up to that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well then I pick Bernie Rosenthal as Wanda's lawyer, haha.
    dazzler but channeling legally blonde on the acussation

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    See thats why I want them to go in the opposite direction, not a legal trial but something more akin to the labors of Hercules, a good story with the mutants to not retcon away but actually deal with the crap stories that damaged her. Also just my 2cents, the Avengers stories are what ruined her let the X-Men repair her character. That damage will never be repaired as long as they keep her divorced from the mutants who were harmed by her actions.

Also my opinion, she was hurt more by her appearance in Uncanny Avengers than she was by decimation. Its one thing to accidentally destroy things in comics, its a far worse sin to be callous about it as she was.
    I wouldn't say Avengers stories ruined her. Because there were only two that were bad in all these years. She's been around for nearly 56 years. And a lot of the modern depictions of her in the X-books don't convince me they'd do better, lol.

dazzler but channeling legally blonde on the acussation
    Ok, I'll read it.

Okay let's break this imaginary issue down, who does the arresting? whose the judge? does she get a lawyer, character witnesses? who's the prosecutor? who in the marvel universe is relevant and unbiased enough to be on the jury?
    Who does the arresting? Needless to say, X-Force.
    The Judge? Gladiator. He runs an empire, he's a bit familiar with the X-Men, but not to the point to take sides in something like this.
    Does Wanda know some lawyer? Of course... She-Hulk!
    Witnesses? Xavier, Magneto and Pietro can detail how they tried to take care of her in Genosha, and the X-Men can detail how they had their hands full after the M-Day.
    Prosecutor? The Quiet Council in general, Magneto in particular. For added drama.
    As for the Jury... She-Hulk can ask the Time Variance Authority to retrieve some mutants from the past, from before the M-Day, to serve as witness and then return to their time with their memory of the event erased. Not the first time they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The Judge? Gladiator. He runs an empire, he's a bit familiar with the X-Men, but not to the point to take sides in something like this.
    Witnesses? Xavier, Magneto and Pietro can detail how they tried to take care of her in Genosha, and the X-Men can detail how they had their hands full after the M-Day.
    Prosecutor? The Quiet Council in general, Magneto in particular. For added drama.
    As for the Jury... She-Hulk can ask the Time Variance Authority to retrieve some mutants from the past, from before the M-Day, to serve as witness and then return to their time with their memory of the event erased. Not the first time they did that.
    She-Hulk couldn't be the lawyer. She was a victim of AD. Wanda under possession made her drop a jeep on Cap a few times, and rip Vision apart.

Mags can't be prosecutor either since he's close to the case.

Jury would have to also be people not close to the case at all and not familiar with Wanda, the Avengers or X-Men. It'd be pretty difficult for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Put her on trial and the case against her quickly falls apart because she was mentally ill and can use insanity as a reasonable defense. She's not sick anymore so its not like she can even be locked away in a facility for the criminally insane Its too little, too late for a trial. It really wouldnt accomplish anything at this point

Daredevil would be the better option as the lawyer, Gladiater claims to be partial but he's had more dealing with the X-Men then not and is bound to be a little biased, Magneto can have no part in this case because he presents a major conflict of interest. And if Wanda is no longer a mutant she has a right to be judged by her peers aswell and cant just be mutants on the jury it has to be equal and fair

Honestly I think Wanda could smash X-Force their getting murdered by randoms left and right then trying to arrest her would be amusing.

Astonishing Member

Okay let's break this imaginary issue down, who does the arresting? whose the judge? does she get a lawyer, character witnesses? who's the prosecutor? who in the marvel universe is relevant and unbiased enough to be on the jury?
    Arresting: Krakoa
    Judge & Jury: since neither humans or mutants, or most aliens could be trusted to be impartial... the Eternals? (They have no beef with humans or mutants, Apocalypse and his predecessors aside, and are old enough that Wanda is a mayfly at best. They also need the publicity)
    Prosecutor: probably the Quiet Council as a whole, with Exodus and Storm as the main spokespersons
    Defence: that’s tricky, seeing as Pietro, Vision and Rogers would be perhaps too passionate in doing a defence, Carol doesn’t seem to have rekindled her friendship with Wanda. I’d say Daredevil or Pym would have served a good purpose, but they really doubled down on the “Hank was always a monster” thing in Iron Man

She was possessed after she took the life force. She was calculating and able to rationalise and form a very clear plan to get the life force by avoiding Strange before that.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She was possessed after she took the life force. She was calculating and able to rationalise and form a very clear plan to get the life force by avoiding Strange before that.
    We don't know this. Because we don't know when that happened. There is no clear timeline. I could have been during Darker than Scarlet. They never said when it happened. Just sometime after she lost her sons and before AD.