View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 27 of 123 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    BANNED

then chart "ding dong the witch is dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But Wanda is not redhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That all depends on the colorist who's working on the book at the time.
    And it all depends on who gets a Hall Pass for their actions.
    I mean, considering combined body count of The Quiet Council, Wanda should be a charter member at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    And it all depends on who gets a Hall Pass for their actions.
    I mean, considering combined body count of The Quiet Council, Wanda should be a charter member at the very least.
    Jean, Cyclops and Scott's circumstances were widely different, as it's been stated in this thread. And Jean and Scott received punishment for their actions which Wanda did not.

Extraordinary Member

As I said elsewhere I’d enjoy seeing a “Trial of Wanda Maximoff” arc if only because some of the X-Men would inevitably take her side (for the sake of DRAMA, yo) and Wandahaters would be mortified to see their faves saying nice things about her.

As to who would arbitrarily take her side (for DRAMA) I’m guessing Cyclops (for the DRAMA of seeing him do a 180 from Children’s Crusade), Nightcrawler, Bishop. Wolverine would still want her gutted tho.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    As I said elsewhere I’d enjoy seeing a “Trial of Wanda Maximoff” arc if only because some of the X-Men would inevitably take her side (for the sake of DRAMA, yo) and Wandahaters would be mortified to see their faves saying nice things about her.

As to who would arbitrarily take her side (for DRAMA) I’m guessing Cyclops (for the DRAMA of seeing him do a 180 from Children’s Crusade), Nightcrawler, Bishop. Wolverine would still want her gutted tho.
    Either that oooor invite her to The Real Housewives of Krakoa S1 Reunion on MojoTV and we can have the girls drag her.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Jean, Cyclops and Scott's circumstances were widely different, as it's been stated in this thread. And Jean and Scott received punishment for their actions which Wanda did not.
    You forgot Apocalypse, Emma Frost, Exodus, Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Mystique, Sebastian Shaw...

Murder is murder, and hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

The current direction for the X books is interesting, as it’s all about the characters turning their backs on their beliefs.
    Can’t wait to see where it goes.

This was an interesting thread, but at roughly 400 posts, I think everything’s been said.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Doesn't Rogue kind of like Wanda now? She and Logan were on the Unity Squad with her. They seemed to bond after the battle with the Apocalpyse Twins.

I forget if she and Beast were ever on the Avengers together at the same time. The most I remember them interacting is an issue of Busiek's Avengers where Beast visits his old pal Wonder Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't Rogue kind of like Wanda now? She and Logan were on the Unity Squad with her. They seemed to bond after the battle with the Apocalpyse Twins.
    Rogue in Children’s Crusade was the only X-Man who was nice to Wanda, assuring her that the others would come around to forgiving her. (This made some sense as Wanda and Rogue were both Brotherhood of Evil Mutants alumnae. That’s likely why Heinberg picked Rogue for that moment.)

Then she was assigned to the Uncanny Avengers cast and suddenly hated Wanda so much she wanted to literally murder her.

Then they became friends off-panel for no reason and Rogue became pro-Wanda until Remender quit.

Character inconsistency: it’s not just for Maximoffs.

I just want a fight a trial seems tedious at this point just square up!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just want a fight a trial seems tedious at this point just square up!!
    Trial by combat would suffice, in that case.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Trial by combat would suffice, in that case.
    So if Scarlet Witch just kicks everybody's butt the X-men would just be fine with letting her walk away and not bother her anymore?

So if Scarlet Witch just kicks everybody's butt the X-men would just be fine with letting her walk away and not bother her anymore?
    I don't see anyone coming off well either way to be honest.

well would be fair leave her the hell alone

what if she goes crazy again and says no more mutants? or no more Krakoa?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Not to belabor the point but to a Wanda fan that question is like "what if someone does something she doesn't do and uses powers she doesn't have?"

It's like asking a Cyclops fan "what if he abandons his wife and child again?"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

She has no reason to do that if she's not being bothered. And even if she did Wanda doesn't have that type of power anymore.