View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 35 of 123 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    If that was true Mr. Sinister wouldn't be on the Quiet Council. As soon as Xavier thinks Wanda can be useful, like with the rebirthing process she's in.

He just massacred the morlocks and done numerous other horrible things over the years. Wanda's an apprentice to this master of evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    The scalpel thing wasnt meant to be taken literally, but okay. "Innocent Inhumans" and Morgan Le Fay are worlds apart so, I don't see how that matters.

Whats that? Would, I still had considerd Wanda a psycho if she'd genocided humans to only 200 left? Heck no. Had Wamba said "No More Humans" she'd be a hero. Screw the flat scans they frickin suck.

The only thing Wanda could have genocided and not be considered the bad guy in that moment is maybe the Brood and the fact that you'd even ask such a nonsensical question like that in the first place means that what's being posted here vs what you're taking from the it are so far apart that you might as aswell not be reading it at all. Where do you think you are Stormfront?
    QQQ, is that you?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

These Wanda debates always get exhausting after a while so much hypocrisy on both sides.
    Last edited by Journey; 05-03-2020 at 12:24 PM.

BANNED

if wanda was a villain. I wouldn't care as much, but this pretentious woe is me, pity party hypocritical hero that everyone seems to ignore her past actions just so she can continue being a hero and having the "moral highground" in universe with her status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wanda still commited genocide and came back with a slap at the wrist at worse.
    and before you bring up sinister or whatever, none of the villains that accepted a multially benefitial accord for the sake of improving mutant kind's situation stoped being villains, people that are seen as monsters and of the such as we saw in hellions.
    Wanda did a vile thing and became a hero once more, wearing that skin with pride and arrogance as she looks down at any mutant that shows their understandable anger at her, and even having the delusion she can tell others how to act like she's some paragon, like scott summers and the x-men when dealing with mutant issues, something she knows nothing off.
    It's almost like some of them think we all have Sinister and Emplate on our "Top Heroic Heroes" list.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

The scalpel thing wasnt meant to be taken literally, but okay. "Innocent Inhumans" and Morgan Le Fay are worlds apart so, I don't see how that matters.
    I pointed out that it was the act that matters, not the person. Apocalypse is a monster to people because he commits acts like this.

Whats that? Would, I still had considerd Wanda a psycho if she'd genocided humans to only 200 left? Heck no. Had Wamba said "No More Humans" she'd be a hero. Screw the flat scans they frickin suck.
    Genocide is wrong. What Wanda did was wrong. Um, you’re a human, remember?

The only thing Wanda could have genocided and not be considered the bad guy in that moment is maybe the Brood and the fact that you'd even ask such a nonsensical question like that in the first place means that what's being posted here vs what you're taking from the it are so far apart that you might as aswell not be reading it at all. Where do you think you are Stormfront?
    The projection here is incredible. This is Marvel, not WarHammer 40k. The answer to that question was enlightening on your stance, but not surprising. As well as the fact this thread is about Wanda and what she did on M-Day s it’s on topic. It’s stunning how you think it wasn’t the act itself wasn’t bad, only that she did to mutants. That’s why I bought up the Whitehall comparison, acts like that are why he was a Nazi. Which is bad. When SHIELD revealed that sequence it showed how much of a monster he really is, and he didn’t stop at once person.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wanda still commited genocide and came back with a slap at the wrist at worse.
    and before you bring up sinister or whatever, none of the villains that accepted a multially benefitial accord for the sake of improving mutant kind's situation stoped being villains, people that are seen as monsters and of the such as we saw in hellions.
    Not here they're not. And despite being villains they get a lot of freedom in Krakoa, including governmental power. Many of them are on the Quiet Council. All their crimes, including genocide against the mutant race, Mr. Sinister tried to do this to the Morlocks was water under the bridge when they stepped onto Krakoa. The subject of Mr. Sinisterr's involvement the Morlock massacre, and years later he would attempt to wipe out all the X-men and their students simultaneously in Carey's run not be spoken about speaks volumes. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to convince posters in this forum that they're bad guys and getting nowhere. Apocalypse has betrayed Rogue in Excalibur and I can't get any response from his supporters.

Wanda did a vile thing and became a hero once more, wearing that skin with pride and arrogance as she looks down at any mutant that shows their understandable anger at her, and even having the delusion she can tell others how to act like she's some paragon, like scott summers and the x-men when dealing with mutant issues, something she knows nothing off.
    Wanda has never shown any pride for what she did on M-Day. When someone tries to sabotage you in your workspace and among your trusted friends and killed you after you saved their life (Uncanny Avengers #1), sure she has a right to defend herself. Stop ignoring the troubles Wanda had from being a mutant - like getting her house burnt down and being lynched by a mob. Magneto saved her from the latter, everyone knows this.

I pointed out that it was the act that matters, not the person. Apocalypse is a monster to people because he commits acts like this.

Genocide is wrong. What Wanda did was wrong. Um, you’re a human, remember?

The projection here is incredible. This is Marvel, not WarHammer 40k. The answer to that question was enlightening on your stance, but not surprising. As well as the fact this thread is about Wanda and what she did on M-Day s it’s on topic. It’s stunning how you think it wasn’t the act itself wasn’t bad, only that she did to mutants. That’s why I bought up the Whitehall comparison, acts like that are why he was a Nazi. Which is bad. When SHIELD revealed that sequence it showed how much of a monster he really is, and he didn’t stop at once person.
    Just like, I said "whats being posted here vs what you're taking from it etc."

I definitely wasnt being sarcastic with the bold large text...

And, I DEFINITELY didn't say that Wanda committing genocide against any species(besides maybe the brood) was an automatic shitlist entry for her, but you're right M-Day was only bad to me because Wanda genocided Mutants and not some lesser non-brood species like the flatscans or the Inhumans.

Really how have you all managed to go back and forth likenthis all these months?

P.S. I'm not Human, I'm an eighth dimension sumo geisha. Dont assume my species please and thank you.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 05-03-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Let's change the topic a bit this is getting kind of heated.... So let's say a trial does happen. At the time since this is being trialed for her past she probably pleads insanity, she's already in therapy for her mental health, so what could they really do to her? Maybe forceful retirement from the Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Let's change the topic a bit this is getting kind of heated.... So let's say a trial does happen. At the time since this is being trialed for her past she probably pleads insanity, she's already in therapy for her mental health, so what could they really do to her? Maybe forceful retirement from the Avengers?
    Krakoan Banishment in the pit with Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    To the pits with thee vile wench.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

To the pits with thee vile wench.
    Honestly I wish we were still talking about Night Elf lore and class fantasy kits.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    You can't give that type of sentencing to someone who pleads insanity. That's basically a death sentence to anyone who's not Sabertooth, Wolverine or some other weapon X side project. Dehydration or Starvation would eventually do her in.

Honestly following Krakoan law humans shouldn't be given mutant punishments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Avengers haven't used her in years so nothing would change.

However, from a story perspective she'd probably plead guilty and skip the insanity and/or "Doom did it" plea. Remember, she is still technically in the "hero" category and as a hero, she would do what she feels is necessary to prevent a Krakoan civil war from breaking out, if only because Marvel has done too many Civil War events already and she's sick of them. So just like Children's Crusade had her offer to surrender herself to the X-Men after Scott bafflingly rejects her offer to repower mutants (and, even more bafflingly, the other X-Men just stand there and don't say anything), the "Trial of Wanda Maximoff" event would have her plead guilty even though she's not.

Then the question would be what punishment is doled out to (technically) non-mutant betrayers of mutantkind, and I have to admit I'm not all that much up on the rules there.

Not here they're not. And despite being villains they get a lot of freedom in Krakoa, including governmental power. Many of them are on the Quiet Council. All their crimes, including genocide against the mutant race, Mr. Sinister tried to do this to the Morlocks was water under the bridge when they stepped onto Krakoa. The subject of Mr. Sinisterr's involvement the Morlock massacre, and years later he would attempt to wipe out all the X-men and their students simultaneously in Carey's run not be spoken about speaks volumes. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to convince posters in this forum that they're bad guys and getting nowhere. Apocalypse has betrayed Rogue in Excalibur and I can't get any response from his supporters.
    Mr. Sinister did no more mutants before Wanda did no more mutants. Except when Sinsister did it he turned off EVERY mutant on the planets power. There was no 200 or so left. There was NO MORE MUTANTS. And Sinister was completly in his right mind and has never expressed any regret or sorrow for this.

Say there's a trial and she's found not guilty. What then?

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Say there's a trial and she's found not guilty. What then?
    We put Gambit on trial along with Mr. Sinister for their part in the Mutant Massacre.