View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 36 of 123 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Say there's a trial and she's found not guilty. What then?
    Psychic monitoring. Maybe a Five spell using Hope, Proteus, Jean, Magik, and Leech in order to fundamentally suppress her powers until she's determined to be sane by the QC.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Psychic monitoring. Maybe a Five spell using Hope, Proteus, Jean, Magik, and Leech in order to fundamentally suppress her powers until she's determined to be sane by the QC.
    thats what would be done if someone was found guilty. You are basically proposing putting her on probation. If she's deemed to not be sane, she really shouldnt be out there and free

Extraordinary Member

This only works with powers that make sense. Try to suppress the most vague, ill-defined power set in comics and they'll just wind up psychically short-circuiting themselves as every single definition and portrayal of Wanda's powers is flashed into their brains simultaneously.

lol i guess im just throwing stones in this lake like everyone else

I dont take M-Day seriously

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This only works with powers that make sense. Try to suppress the most vague, ill-defined power set in comics and they'll just wind up psychically short-circuiting themselves as every single definition and portrayal of Wanda's powers is flashed into their brains simultaneously.
    I don't think there will ever be a trial let's start there...

Astonishing Member

Few thoughts on that, Wanda's natural state is being rational not insane. Events where she does do villainous things are the exception and the usual brainwashed/mentally stressed trauma super-heroes go through, including various X-men. Half the Quiet Council are people who commit acts like genocide because they like it, are still ok with doing it and would love to exploit this situation to permanently take a powerful Avenger off the board. Sebastian Shaw, Apocalypse, Selene, Mr. Sinister, Exodus, Mystique and Krakoa is a being who thinks any non-mutant shouldn't be in its presence or be second class citizens which are guarded 24/7 are not be trusted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I mean, there might, if Hickman is building up to something.

People have compared Krakoa to Israel and I'm wondering if Hickman is setting up an Adolf Eichmann situation (the Nazi war criminal Israel captured in Argentina and brought to Israel for trial).

Of course Wanda is not Adolf Eichmann, she's just a hero who was written out of character for a couple of best-forgotten events back in the '00s. And while Hickman clearly has no interest in the character (because he has no interest in the Avengers), I doubt even he would portray her as an actual villain. But he's shown that a faction on Krakoa is talking about her as if she were Adolf Eichmann, and what's to stop them from trying to capture her and bring her there to face mutant justice?

So that's what I think Hickman is building up, though it depends on whether he actually gets permission to use her or if he's just using her as a permanent offstage boogyman(woman).

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I mean, there might, if Hickman is building up to something.
    Hickman's flipping a coin; heads is he puts Wanda on trial, tails is he finds a way to circumvent the laws of reality and literally sets the CBR boards on fire . Both'll have the same effect

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

No, I think they should retcon it. It didn't make sense! The US Government and Mephisto destroyed her family. Why didn't she puzzle vaporize them? She never cared that much about Magneto!

I can't complain that into existence, but I would still vote no!!! It might be interesting to see them go to war with the Avengers again for a second, but I hope Hickman has something more exciting. And haven't they already talked it to death in that godawful Children's Crusade, Bendis' run, and Remender's Avengers?

Exodus raising those children to despise is more interesting and creepy. Anyway, if they try to extradite her the USA would probably take away their diplomatic immunity in exchange.

Though, I'm sure my sibling and I would argue more if we lived closer.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-03-2020 at 08:48 PM.

This is why they should let Apocalypse cut her open to find out how it works...just like he did Morgan.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    No, I think they should retcon it. It didn't make sense! The US Government and Mephisto destroyed her family. Why didn't she puzzle vaporize them? She never cared that much about Magneto!

I can't complain that into existence, but I would still vote no!!! It might be interesting to see them go to war with the Avengers again for a second, but I hope Hickman has something more exciting. And haven't they already talked it to death in that godawful Children's Crusade, Bendis' run, and Remender's Avengers?

Exodus raising those children to despise is more interesting and creepy. Anyway, if they try to extradite her the USA would probably take away their diplomatic immunity in exchange.

Though, I'm sure my sibling and I would argue more if we lived closer.
    The bigger question was why she even had a problem at all, since despite what the event had in it, she already knew her kids were gone and had already worked through the grief of that. And very true that it also didn't make sense that she'd be so upset about Mags since she stayed away from him for most of her adult life.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This is why they should let Apocalypse cut her open to find out how it works...just like he did Morgan.
    Edgy

10/char
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Edgy

10/char
    Science cant be edgy. Comicbook science that is.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

lol i guess im just throwing stones in this lake like everyone else

I dont take M-Day seriously
    I don't take comics seriously.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Whats that? Would, I still had considerd Wanda a psycho if she'd genocided humans to only 200 left? Heck no. Had Wamba said "No More Humans" she'd be a hero. Screw the flat scans they frickin suck.
    lol Lawd Yes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wanda still commited genocide and came back with a slap at the wrist at worse.
    and before you bring up sinister or whatever, none of the villains that accepted a multially benefitial accord for the sake of improving mutant kind's situation stoped being villains, people that are seen as monsters and of the such as we saw in hellions.
    Wanda did a vile thing and became a hero once more, wearing that skin with pride and arrogance as she looks down at any mutant that shows their understandable anger at her, and even having the delusion she can tell others how to act like she's some paragon, like scott summers and the x-men when dealing with mutant issues, something she knows nothing off.
    lol Let 'em know!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    These Wanda debates always get exhausting after a while so much hypocrisy on both sides.
    Hmmm oh really
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Not here they're not. And despite being villains they get a lot of freedom in Krakoa, including governmental power. Many of them are on the Quiet Council. All their crimes, including genocide against the mutant race, Mr. Sinister tried to do this to the Morlocks was water under the bridge when they stepped onto Krakoa.
    You know what Amnesty is right? Also technically his Mutant Massacre wouldn't count as attempted genocide against the mutant race

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to convince posters in this forum that they're bad guys and getting nowhere. Apocalypse has betrayed Rogue in Excalibur and I can't get any response from his supporters.

Dude preeetty sure no one thinks Sinister and Apocalypse are hero's perhaps in lieu of trying to sway people really read what they're posting?

Wanda has never shown any pride for what she did on M-Day. When someone tries to sabotage you in your workspace and among your trusted friends and killed you after you saved their life (Uncanny Avengers #1), sure she has a right to defend herself. Stop ignoring the troubles Wanda had from being a mutant - like getting her house burnt down and being lynched by a mob. Magneto saved her from the latter, everyone knows this.

Sooo that excuses her killing countless Mutants? Also I think she set her house on fire and her adopted mom died in the fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Let's change the topic a bit this is getting kind of heated.... So let's say a trial does happen. At the time since this is being trialed for her past she probably pleads insanity, she's already in therapy for her mental health, so what could they really do to her? Maybe forceful retirement from the Avengers?
    euthanasia?
    Mr. Sinister did no more mutants before Wanda did no more mutants. Except when Sinsister did it he turned off EVERY mutant on the planets power. There was no 200 or so left. There was NO MORE MUTANTS. And Sinister was completly in his right mind and has never expressed any regret or sorrow for this.
    Well he was trying to mutate the human population...aaaand it was temporary aaaand only affected the 616 universe

Say there's a trial and she's found not guilty. What then?
    Go the O.J. route??
    GrindrStone(D)