View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The Inhumans were the flavor of the month when it came to hate. Wanda hate is That-Which-Endures (also the name one of the many forces Wanda has been possessed by). All it needs is a line in a freakin' text page to set it off. A symbolic panel sets it smoldering. When she appears in the pink-covered flesh, it will take over the board.

Wanda just has a way of making any story about her, even if she's not in it.
    so let me put this straight : house of m is a bad story she should be absolved cause she wasnt an active player and a plot device and blah blah vilification out of characther, retcons bla bla, yet its also good that only times shes relevant is when said story is brought up?

make up your minds

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    My only problem with those depictions of her was that they were more to make a shock story about a hero being bad, instead of giving her a real diagnosed mental illness.
    Agreed. There's depth to mine there, but they have to do something with it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    so let me put this straight : house of m is a bad story she should be absolved cause she wasnt an active player and a plot device and blah blah vilification out of characther, retcons bla bla, yet its also good that only times shes relevant is when said story is brought up?

make up your minds
    No, it still doesn't make the story good. I think everyone on this board could write a better story.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

People just like the feat itself and have only seen that panel around the net. They don't know that she was functionally dead for most of it. What I had to wonder is what qualified either Xavier or Doctor Strange as psychologists? That was pretty weird. They also made Doctor Strange a gynocologist, when he was an ER surgeon. I guess being a doctor of anything in the MU qualifies you for all forms and practices.

BANNED

People just like the feat itself and have only seen that panel around the net. They don't know that she was functionally dead for most of it. What I had to wonder is what qualified either Xavier or Doctor Strange as psychologists? That was pretty weird. They also made Doctor Strange a gynocologist, when he was an ER surgeon. I guess being a doctor of anything in the MU qualifies you for all forms and practices.
    wanda is a disaster and a medical mystery so I guess its within his practise

wanda is a disaster and a medical mystery so I guess its within his practise
    Only because writers don't understand mental illness. Because they've done this with other characters. To them it just means you are evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Krakoa as a nation has no right to put her on trial though. It didn't exist when she committed her crimes.

They could petition the World Court to put her on trial at the Hague but that's a human court, and it would make her a martyr for anti-mutant sentiment

She's more valuable to Krakoa as a boogeyman to make little baby mutants eat their vegetables
    I dont like the comparison but Israel has or had (?) laws condemning nazi crimes, captured, detained and tried nazis that were residing in other countries. Even tho the state of Israel didnt exist during WW2.

If someone commits an act of terrorism tomorrow on US soil and flees to France, french govt isnt going to be 'actually sweaty this is not america, you cant act against him'. Etc etc its really ligical tbh idk why Im explaining.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 03-04-2020 at 08:26 PM.

BANNED

Only because writers don't understand mental illness. Because they've done this with other characters. To them it just means you are evil.
    I dont understand how someone gets the idea to conjur babies with a robot and then ask doom for help, but you know difrent strokes

I dont understand how someone gets the idea to conjur babies with a robot and then ask doom for help, but you know difrent strokes
    It wasn't her idea. It was Vision's. It was also a time in comics where magical created babies were considered real and natural apparently. Then that changed when Byrne took over. Because he hated the relationship and the kids.

BANNED

It wasn't her idea. It was Vision's. It was also a time in comics where magical created babies were considered real and natural apparently. Then that changed when Byrne took over. Because he hated the relationship and the kids.
    I dont understand how someone is so weak minded they get convinced to the idea to conjur babies with a robot and then ask doom for help, but you know difrent strokes

I dont understand how someone is so weak minded they get convinced to the idea to conjur babies with a robot and then ask doom for help, but you know difrent strokes
    Lol, well this is comics we are talking about. Where it's on the level of Athena springing from Zeus' head type of weird.

Extraordinary Member

Well, the former is very simple. While she was channeling a dangerous amount of magic, the glowing ghost of a dead lady appeared to her (but only to her, mind you) and suggested she should use the magic to conceive a baby and infuse its DNA with the essence of her robot husband.

Then she went to the Master of the Mystic Arts and told him all this and he said it was all fine, nothing to worry about.

tl,dr; everyone in the Marvel Universe is kind of crazy.

Well, this should be fun
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

But killing mutants just to rebirth them in cocoons spawned from another mutant is toooootally a sound idea.

Astonishing Member

It's comic books. Please don't act like you haven't heard stranger things. Surely you can sympathise with a couple who have trouble having children and want help with surrogacy. It's not like it didn't work.