View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 40 of 123 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Good to know because we agree wanda is an hypocrite hiding behind crocodille tears that looks down on mutants, has no respect or sincerity towards the x-men and expects forgiveness without doing anything to earn it, and also belives mutants arent needed to be born, that they have no culture even tho genosha and mutant town and other places existed, and is so far up her ass she acuses scott summers, when the power that corrupted him was not wanted, while wanda cries over the same treatment for something she seeked out to regain her abominations of dark magic she called children.
    She also belives she's the paragon of mutant attitude and behavior
    Man, those few pages of Uncanny Avengers #1 are really burned into your brain.

Ironically, Brian Bendis of all people provided a different explanation in his All New X-Men/Uncanny Avengers crossover, where Teen Jean says she couldn't help looking into Wanda's head and seeing M-Day there because it weighs so heavily on Wanda's mind, like it's all she ever thinks about.

Honestly Bendis's handling of the whole issue in that story was pretty good. The original X-Men are outraged that Wanda is an Avenger after what she did, and this is used not to demonize Wanda but to reveal to them what hypocrites the adults are for condemning Scott Summers. Wanda replies that she didn't "consciously" do what she did but what exactly happened or whose fault it was is left vague. Wanda haters get to enjoy seeing her called out, Wanda fans get to enjoy seeing her zap Jean into the ground (as she always does in every continuity). I honestly think that despite Bendis being the one who wrecked Wanda he'd have done a pretty good job of using her after she came back.

You can have Wanda on involuntary manslaughter. Krakoans can vote on the penalty. If SW seems the punishment reasonable, she will accept. If she deems it unreasonable, then she tears Krakoa apart leaf by leaf. Just because she can and feels like it.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You can have Wanda on involuntary manslaughter. Krakoans can vote on the penalty. If SW seems the punishment reasonable, she will accept. If she deems it unreasonable, then she tears Krakoa apart leaf by leaf. Just because she can and feels like it.
    Wanda normally isn't that powerful. She needs a huge power up for that like the Life Force or Cthon and both would be out of character for her to do so. The Avengers as a group are another story, they might think they'll have to do a reimagining of the Dark Side of the Moon from the Dark Phoenix Saga if Krakoa goes too far. Like the X-men, they protect their own when outsiders try to murder their members.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Hope would knock her on her ass again just for shits and giggles.

Then she'd get chewwd up and spitout by Krakoa himself because she probably tastes bad.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Good to know because we agree wanda is an hypocrite hiding behind crocodille tears that looks down on mutants, has no respect or sincerity towards the x-men and expects forgiveness without doing anything to earn it, and also belives mutants arent needed to be born, that they have no culture even tho genosha and mutant town and other places existed, and is so far up her ass she acuses scott summers, when the power that corrupted him was not wanted, while wanda cries over the same treatment for something she seeked out to regain her abominations of dark magic she called children.
    That's still a lot better than Sinister, Apocalypse, and on most days, Magneto.

And really? You're using Genosha as an example of culture? Did that have anything other than civil war at absolutely all times?
    And mutant town existed for, like, what? A month in-universe? It was a ghetto city block where no characters that anybody actually cares about lived.
    If that's your idea of "mutant culture" then Scarlet Witch was pretty much right.

There was a lot of talk during Morrison's era of developing a mutant culture, but nothing was ever really done with it.

the krakoans are a nation hence above simple black or white justifications of morality, instead being in a pragmatic grey, and then each individual on their own "moral standart", but you compare krakoa to other nations.
    wanda maximooff commited genocide and has a nerve to call herself a hero, a paragon of virtue and godnes as we see in uncanny avengers belives she is owed.
    That's what I'm screaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    To be more in topic, I would say Wanda wasn't herself when she said 'No more mutants'… Emotional turmoil and all…
    The Krakoans don't have this excuse, luv…
    the Krakoans as a whole?? Cause itll be almost impossible to get a few hundred thousand to reach the same emotional state simultaneously
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You're not even reading the current comics, how do you know how the women are treated.

Emma, Kitty, Moira and Betsy are all powerful women in positions of power in this new status quo.
    YAS! Them some bad ass chicks!!
    the phoenix 5 suffered more than she did for a power they did not seek out, the hipocrisy and double standarts they have for wanda are insane.
    Dude.I know sooooo right!! I guess Wanda can do no wrong in thier eyes???
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Wanda was pretty much banned from comics until Children's Crusade, which revealed in the end that her actions might have been due to possession and possibly Doctor Doom's master plan.
    So just not dealing with her genocidal actions, going away for 3 years while the rest of the 616 deals with the fallout of your actions for the next 10 or so years. Why would Doom wanna get rid of the mutants in the first place tho
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    (Again, "Doom wanted to wipe out mutants" has holes, but far fewer holes than "proud mutant hero Wanda Maximoff wanted to wipe out mutants," so naturally most people believe the former.) It wasn't until after those reveals that she was "forgiven" and even then she was literally murdered as payback for her actions in Uncanny Avengers.
    Well Dude, a lotta of your paragraph above doesnt align with canon. Wanda never really seemed too proud to be a Mutant. And She wasnt killed because she caused MDay.
    GrindrStone(D)

Wanda would never get an unbiased trial on Krakoa. If she were to ever go on trial, it should be under Krakoa jurisdiction but one that incorporates multiple nations like when Magneto was on trial

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Didn't Rogue get very angry at Magneto for that, too? Said Mags was just as bad as Red Skull for it? But what should I expect from somebody who grew up under the Confederate flag.

See, I can do it too!
    Dude...you're equating the a person being angry over a Holocaust survivor understandably killing a nazi, to a southerner being upset a racist was killed? Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Avengers as a group are another story, they might think they'll have to do a reimagining of the Dark Side of the Moon from the Dark Phoenix Saga if Krakoa goes too far. Like the X-men, they protect their own when outsiders try to murder their members.
    Well technically they would be breaking the law, since the trial would because an outsider killed millions and millions of mutant members. Once again they would be in the wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's still a lot better than Sinister, Apocalypse, and on most days, Magneto.
    I guess Wandas crime is seen as worse cause with Sinister, Apocalypse...and not so much these days Magneto you know what you're dealing with... A Super Villain. Super Villains do bad things. why would that surprise anyone? But Wanda caused MDay still rocking the Hero label. If these are your heros....No thank you.

And really? You're using Genosha as an example of culture? Did that have anything other than civil war at absolutely all times?
    I mean if You don't know if a country is in a constant state civil war(between who...Im wondering ) It's a preeeety safe bet Youd know even less when it comes to cultural identity.
    And mutant town existed for, like, what? A month in-universe? It was a ghetto city block where no characters that anybody actually cares about lived.
    If that's your idea of "mutant culture" then Scarlet Witch was pretty much right.
    Again It's seems you don't know much about the place you're dismissing. It ran for 19 issues but who knows how long that is in the 616. If you wanna get a calculator and work out the sliding timescale knock yourself out. But It could have been around in the 616 for a month, yeah it was in the ghetto with no big name mutants buuuuut I don't know where you and the Scarlet Witch think 'culture' comes from but for the most part the music, fashion, slang, that is forms the "culture" of the conforming majority trickles down from places like that.
    [
    B]There was a lot of talk during Morrison's era of developing a mutant culture, but nothing was ever really done with it.[/B]
    I meeeean a buncha people recognize that theres a mutant subculture tho....some folks Wanda included apparently just couldnt see it. smdh lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Red face

Let's say there will be a trial or whatever for the "crimes" that Wanda committed.

In universe, without being biased (hard since some users here want her dead which probably won't happen ) what would be the reaction of the Avengers or the persons who care about Wanda, these characters can be Quicksilver (we know he cares about her since the HoM mess happened because he didn't want her to be killed off) her ex lovers Vision, Simon, Dr Voodo even her former Avengers and long time partners Captain America, Hawkeye and most of the Avengers were always ok with her and even stayed with her and defended her during The Children's Crussade and AvX when Wanda showed up.

If they decide to kill her off or whatever even when she's now sane i don't think most of them will be ok, this can show the x-men again as villains which most of y'all hated (with reason) even during IvX they were portrayed like that or at least Emma.

This can lead to another AvX disaster, which i doubt any of this will ever happen, i still think those are just flashbacks that Hickman wanted to show and nothing more.

So yeah Wanda still an heroine and breathin as she should

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dude...you're equating the a person being angry over a Holocaust survivor understandably killing a nazi, to a southerner being upset a racist was killed? Wow!
    Magneto being a Holocaust survivor doesn't give him the license to murder whoever he pleases. The point Voices was making was that it was a straw man.

Well technically they would be breaking the law, since the trial would because an outsider killed millions and millions of mutant members. Once again they would be in the wrong.
    Since when did braking the law matter? They wanted to lynch Wanda immediately during Children's Crusade and it's not like the X-men are strangers to operating outside the law. One of the first acts Krakoa did was getting Sabretooth and Mystique to secretly steal technology from Damage Control. This ins't about the law, your concern is what "team" everyone is on.

Edit: A team which didn't include the Morlocks, Betsy Braddock or Rogue for some reason.

I guess Wandas crime is seen as worse cause with Sinister, Apocalypse...and not so much these days Magneto you know what you're dealing with... A Super Villain. Super Villains do bad things. why would that surprise anyone? But Wanda caused MDay still rocking the Hero label. If these are your heros....No thank you.
    This is all over the place to excuse villains like Sinister and Apocalypse, and condemning Wanda for doing things when they're beings who would kill innocents just to get a cup of coffee in the morning. They're not just super-villains, they're negative stereotypes of super-villains.

So you don't believe in redemption or the fact she's reverting to what she was like before M-Day? It's like you're judging Jean for what Dark Phoenix did.

What did you think of Wanda before Bendis?

I mean if You don't know if a country is in a constant state civil war(between who...Im wondering ) It's a preeeety safe bet Youd know even less when it comes to cultural identity.
    Genosha wasn't fully explored in the comics like Krakoa is so we use what information we have about it. Nobody had lots of information on Genosha because of this, unlike cultural identity which is a studied topic in our world.

Again It's seems you don't know much about the place you're dismissing. It ran for 19 issues but who knows how long that is in the 616. If you wanna get a calculator and work out the sliding timescale knock yourself out. But It could have been around in the 616 for a month, yeah it was in the ghetto with no big name mutants buuuuut I don't know where you and the Scarlet Witch think 'culture' comes from but for the most part the music, fashion, slang, that is forms the "culture" of the conforming majority trickles down from places like that.
    It has culture but I think the argument was it didn't have a huge impact, which is correct. Krakoa has done incredible things because it was allowed to breath and have in depth coverage. Exploring mutant culture wasn't the main intent of Morrison's X-men.

I meeeean a buncha people recognize that theres a mutant subculture tho....some folks Wanda included apparently just couldnt see it. smdh lol
    It was a petty comment to discredit Wanda because nothing about her must be sympathetic to readers from the people who hate her. She's not allowed to be a victim or a hero, she must be hated and never get any redemption. It's easier to hate someone when the details which make them sympathetic are erased. On the bright side I'd prefer this than the hate being sent to a living person like Bendis.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-04-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Let's say there will be a trial or whatever for the "crimes" that Wanda committed.
    You call them "crimes"? Interesting.... I just call 'em "deaths" but in this context they both mean the same thing....
    In universe, without being biased (hard since some users here want her dead which probably won't happen ) what would be the reaction of the Avengers or the persons who care about Wanda, these characters can be Quicksilver (we know he cares about her since the HoM mess happened because he didn't want her to be killed off) her ex lovers Vision, Simon, Dr Voodo even her former Avengers and long time partners Captain America, Hawkeye and most of the Avengers were always ok with her and even stayed with her and defended her during The Children's Crussade and AvX when Wanda showed up.
    I mean if it's unbiased and she was still sentenced to death theeeen Why would all her TWB's get upset.....
    If they decide to kill her off or whatever even when she's now sane i don't think most of them will be ok, this can show the x-men again as villains which most of y'all hated (with reason) even during IvX they were portrayed like that or at least Emma.
    If you thought anyof the Xmen were villians in the AIvX storylines, then this trial was never gonna be unbiased lol.... So best option would be a mistrial? lol
    This can lead to another AvX disaster, which i doubt any of this will ever happen, i still think those are just flashbacks that Hickman wanted to show and nothing more.

So yeah Wanda still an heroine and breathin as she should
    I don't think its anyone's business if the Avengers and their ilk let that Genocide slide and wanna keep Wanda's FraudulentHero status intact.
    But I dont want No Frauds ...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Hope would knock her on her ass again just for shits and giggles.

Then she'd get chewwd up and spitout by Krakoa himself because she probably tastes bad.
    The only person Hope even trusted in AvX was Wanda

You call them "crimes"? Interesting.... I just call 'em "deaths" but in this context they both mean the same thing....

I mean if it's unbiased and she was still sentenced to death theeeen Why would all her TWB's get upset.....
    If you thought anyof the Xmen were villians in the AIvX storylines, then this trial was never gonna be unbiased lol.... So best option would be a mistrial? lol

I don't think its anyone's business if the Avengers and their ilk let that Genocide slide and wanna keep Wanda's FraudulentHero status intact.
    SCOTT = villain
    EMMA = villain

Soooooooooo......

I don't think its anyone's business if the Avengers and their ilk let that Genocide slide and wanna keep Wanda's Fraudulent Hero status intact.
    Uhh...

Well, i call them "crimes" because in context Wanda wasn't in her faculties when that happened and still cannon as well that Dr Doom had to do with it like other users said since the start of this thread.

Also i wasn't talking about the characters, they can be all the biased they want, it's their personalities. I was refering to what users in this thread would think it would happen if something like a trial happens in a future comic (not what they want), i say without being biased because of course they want her head

I didn't thought anything lol, i didn't say they were villains, i say Marvel tried hard to potray them as villains (what many x-men fans claim so and i personally think) especially Cyclops and Emma during AvX and IvH.

Guilty or not, she still free with her "fraudulent" hero status intact after all these years so

Are there any other comics arguments that have gone on for as long as this one? Maybe Batman in battle boards? I think everything in this thread has been said before.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.