View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 44 of 123 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

So back to the trial....... As someone who's really indifferent to Wanda as a character I don't feel she deserves to suffer or even die as some say. Her being a primary antagonist to mutants would actually give her character some substance I would be for that if they went that route. I actually would just like a genuine conclusion to M-Day more than anything and I feel throughout all the BS the main problem was able to slip through the cracks. Why don't Krakoans blame Pietro?

My only question is why doesn't Pietro get the same treatment as Wanda? IMO M-Day was his fault Wanda was just the tool it all started with Pietro!! Well and the kids but you can't blame them for their mother's fuck ups. Pietro however is grown and needs to be held accountable he should be on trial. He literally coerced his twin into reshaping the entire world while she was in a manic state.
    Last edited by Journey; 05-05-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

They should put her through a walk of shame through the streets of Krakoa
    Can see it now random throw of s**t some random mutant yelling "Robot F****r!!! Voodoo B***h"
    Last edited by Journey; 05-05-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's comics. Everyone is into everything. She-Hulk and Juggies were a thing. Nothing is off limits.
    That wasn't the original She Hulk or summ from what i read somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Can we strip, tar, and feather her instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So back to the trial....... As someone who's really indifferent to Wanda as a character I don't feel she deserves to suffer or even die as some say. Her being a primary antagonist to mutants would actually give her character some substance I would be for that if they went that route. I actually would just like a genuine conclusion to M-Day more than anything and I feel throughout all the BS the main problem was able to slip through the cracks. Why don't Krakoans blame Pietro?

My only question is why doesn't Pietro get the same treatment as Wanda? IMO M-Day was his fault Wanda was just the tool it all started with Pietro!! Well and the kids but you can't blame them for their mother's fuck ups. Pietro however is grown and needs to be held accountable he should be on trial. He literally coerced his twin into reshaping the entire world while she was in a manic state.
    Yeah Pietro's a mastermind. He tricked her into going for the lifeforce and purposely got himself killed by Magneto so his Psycho sister could say "No more Mutants" in all her faux self hate while he coached her with flash cards as he layed dead.

No, but really how is it Pietro's fault?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yeah Pietro's a mastermind. He tricked her into going for the lifeforce and purposely got himself killed by Magneto so his Psycho sister could say "No more Mutants" in all her faux self hate while he coached her with flash cards as he layed dead.

No, but really how is it Pietro's fault?
    It's his fault because he jumped to the conclusion that they were going to put down his sister like a rabid dog, and while she was in a manic state of depression mourning her dead/not real/WTF kids, and he had her change the entire world which led to her losing the kids again! Pushing her into an all time low, and throwing her hatred at mutants which led to the genocide of a people. He fucked up.

BANNED

pietro got pretty messed up but you;re right we must punish him too

It's his fault because he jumped to the conclusion that they were going to put down his sister like a rabid dog, and while she was in a manic state of depression mourning her dead/not real/WTF kids, and he had her change the entire world which led to her losing the kids again! Pushing her into an all time low, and throwing her hatred at mutants which led to the genocide of a people. He fucked up.

Unless Pietro straight up told her to erase mutants with her plot powers that he would have to had helped her get, I dont see how any of it is his fault.

Pietro could have done anything he wanted, but had she not had the lifeforce none of this would have happened. She meddled with things she shouldn't have and trusted the wrong people.

Pietro or anyone for that matter will never share guilt with her for MDay.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Wanda immediately after deciMating most of mutantkind

She like "I did that"

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Pietro almost commited suicide after HoM for the guilt he felt about decimation, Crystal divorced him over his actions for trying to use terrigenesis to bring mutant powers again which only got more former mutants sick and another discussion with magneto, he became a main adversary for X-factor for a while because he was a little insane at the time, Layla Miller beat him, he recovered, tried to blame the skrulls for his actions, got called on it by his daughter who didn´t want to talk to him anymore and by magneto in front of the avengers, until he admited his guilt openly about his actions in front of national Tv on the X-factor series. So after all this was when he was allowed to be back with the main avengers teams.

The main difference between Wanda and Pietro is that she was absent for seven years while Pietro got the full blame for HoM and decimation but at least he got some stories out of it, Wanda didn´t and when she came back marvel was more worried about having her back on the Avangers than about making a coherent narrative to rehabilitate her character after using her for HOM they only made it worse deciding they would blame the X-men instead for not forgiving Wanda even if their anger made complete sense, just bad writting decisions all around.

I like the idea of Wanda being given a place in the X-men, she like Rogue could do some good work there and in time be accepted back like Rogue was.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-05-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

It's because Pietro was not shown as the bad guy in the X-Men comics that followed the Decimation event, except in Peter David's X-Factor.

The hatred for Wanda isn't based on any story she was actually in. It's based on the fact that there were years of X-Men comics showing the horrible consequences of M-Day, the people who died horribly and suffered, and not one of the writers ever had any character say a word in Wanda's defense; they all seemed to assume that she'd never be a hero again and had her talked of by everyone pretty much the way Exodus is talking about her now.

Chris Claremont tried to argue that she'd wiped out mutants across the multiverse; Mike Carey did a whole series of backup stories where Beast goes around finding out about all the terrible consequences of what Wanda did, and which very strongly suggests, without quite saying it directly, that Wanda is aware of what she did and chooses not to change things back.

Now, anyone who read any comic with Wanda Maximoff before 2004 knows that she would never do any of these things, and therefore it could only be the fault of a supervillain, like Doom or Chthon or Immortus, taking her over as part of their master plan. However, the X-Men is a much more popular comic franchise than the Avengers on the whole, and Wanda wasn't in any comics at the time, so X-Men readers grew to know her only as the greatest villain in the history of mutantkind.

So while Avengers Disassembled and M-Day contradict every other story Wanda was ever in (including Darker Than Scarlet, which clearly showed she was being manipulated by Immortus even before John Byrne left), most people who didn't read Avengers comics don't know that; they just know that she's Magneto's crazy omnipotent mutant-hating daughter, and they don't know or care that everything in House of M was wrong.

I'm not even sure why they should care about comics they didn't read; if they say Wanda was a self-hating mutant before HoM, they're wrong, but if they say they don't care about those stories where she wasn't, that's fine.

Again, when you compare it to the way a Creator's Pet like Scott was treated - protected from doing anything really bad, clearly shown to still be a good guy, allowed to be a star of comics - you see the difference between a character who is treated well by editors and writers, and a character like Wanda who is treated badly. Which is one of the reasons her fans are so protective of her, because Marvel certainly isn't.

She like "I did that"
    The thing I always wonder about Wanda haters is, if they were shown doing something in one comic that you knew, based on years and decades of comics, was completely out of character for them, would you just accept that this one story wipes out everything else?

I mean, I think some people would, because some readers like to play the game that every story counts and the characters are like real people. In real life, if someone is good for 70 years and then goes on a shooting spree when they're 71, it wipes out all the good they ever did.

But I just can't really get into the frame of mind to approach shared fictional characters that way. If a hero I didn't care about abruptly turned into a villain after 40 years I'd think they were done dirty.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-05-2020 at 11:47 AM.

It's the kind of thread that doesn't make me regret my long lost school days…

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's because Pietro was not shown as the bad guy in the X-Men comics that followed the Decimation event, except in Peter David's X-Factor.

The hatred for Wanda isn't based on any story she was actually in. It's based on the fact that there were years of X-Men comics showing the horrible consequences of M-Day, the people who died horribly and suffered, and not one of the writers ever had any character say a word in Wanda's defense; they all seemed to assume that she'd never be a hero again and had her talked of by everyone pretty much the way Exodus is talking about her now.

Chris Claremont tried to argue that she'd wiped out mutants across the multiverse; Mike Carey did a whole series of backup stories where Beast goes around finding out about all the terrible consequences of what Wanda did, and which very strongly suggests, without quite saying it directly, that Wanda is aware of what she did and chooses not to change things back.

Now, anyone who read any comic with Wanda Maximoff before 2004 knows that she would never do any of these things, and therefore it could only be the fault of a supervillain, like Doom or Chthon or Immortus, taking her over as part of their master plan. However, the X-Men is a much more popular comic franchise than the Avengers on the whole, and Wanda wasn't in any comics at the time, so X-Men readers grew to know her only as the greatest villain in the history of mutantkind.

So while Avengers Disassembled and M-Day contradict every other story Wanda was ever in (including Darker Than Scarlet, which clearly showed she was being manipulated by Immortus even before John Byrne left), most people who didn't read Avengers comics don't know that; they just know that she's Magneto's crazy omnipotent mutant-hating daughter, and they don't know or care that everything in House of M was wrong.

I'm not even sure why they should care about comics they didn't read; if they say Wanda was a self-hating mutant before HoM, they're wrong, but if they say they don't care about those stories where she wasn't, that's fine.

Again, when you compare it to the way a Creator's Pet like Scott was treated - protected from doing anything really bad, clearly shown to still be a good guy, allowed to be a star of comics - you see the difference between a character who is treated well by editors and writers, and a character like Wanda who is treated badly. Which is one of the reasons her fans are so protective of her, because Marvel certainly isn't.

The thing I always wonder about Wanda haters is, if they were shown doing something in one comic that you knew, based on years and decades of comics, was completely out of character for them, would you just accept that this one story wipes out everything else?

I mean, I think some people would, because some readers like to play the game that every story counts and the characters are like real people. In real life, if someone is good for 70 years and then goes on a shooting spree when they're 71, it wipes out all the good they ever did.

But I just can't really get into the frame of mind to approach shared fictional characters that way. If a hero I didn't care about abruptly turned into a villain after 40 years I'd think they were done dirty.
    wanda isnt the editorial victim you think she is

She like "I did that"
    I would say to the pits with the self hating prentender plant, but she might give Krakoa indigestion.

Having |:A:| chop her silly head off works just as good.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I would say to the pits with the self hating prentender plant, but she might give Krakoa indigestion.

Having |:A:| chop her silly head off works just as good.
    I wish I could frollic in eastern europe where its a perpetual renassaince fair after commiting genocie, hot girl shit AH :P

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wanda isnt the editorial victim you think she is
    I can think of a few heroes who were done wrong by editorial, but I can't think of one who was made to do two exctinction-worthy events in two years. Going bad and destroying the Avengers, OK, that's bad but maybe not quite Hal Jordan-level mistreatment. Wiping out mutants, disappearing from comics, and every editor/writer given free rein to have characters talk about her as a monster with no redeeming qualities? I can't think of another hero for whom editors/writers made it that impossible for them to ever be a hero again.

Another reason she's my favorite character, she overcame so many odds to make it even to where she is today. She's not used as much as she should be, but at least when she appears, she's a hero. Her fans will accept nothing less.