View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 50 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Yes, Wanda should go to Krakoa, and do belly dancing on the grand stage to everyone, on the mutant version of “Krakoa’s Got Talent.”

Dazzler’s one of the judges of course. Jumbo Carnation too.

Will she be booed off?? Will Exodus students’ fat shame her? Will Toad yell out to get her old wrinkly butt off the stage?

Will Amanda Sefton be mad that Wanda was invited and she wasn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean... they did? It took a while, but she was made to do (out-of-character) things that should have disqualified her from ever being a hero again. A character without fans would just have stayed a villain.

It's a sign of how loyal her fans are that she not only re-emerged as a hero but made it into the MCU as a hero even though Marvel had to share her movie rights with another studio (at the time). Joss Whedon was a Boomer who read Avengers comics in the '70s and he wanted to do the Vision/Wanda romance so bad that he twisted the plot in knots just to get Wanda in the Avengers sequel.

I'm not saying people who find her boring should love her, but people who love her, really love her.
    She stayed irrevelevant for years, then she came back and now she's back into irrelevancy. She'd have fared better as a villain.

And Avengers Wanda is more Avengers Jean Grey than Scarlet Witch. It's not really comparable to the comics and her comic fans didn't bring her into the movies. Let's leave movies alone since they have almost nothing to do with this.

So irrelevant that her haters can’t let her go...

...multiple threads locked...

...multiple posters banned over what they’ve said in such threads...

...for something done 15 years ago.

Irrelevant. Hm...

Still enjoying how the poll results are holding up, btw.

Astonishing Member

The movies are relevant because they're the sole reason why Marvel retconned Wanda and Pietro into not being mutants, now the reason has stopped (Marvel owns the X-men film rights now) they'll go back to being mutants at their leisure.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, Busiek during his run, propped Wanda to be as big (or even bigger) than the big three on the Avengers, until Bendis tore it down. And she’s never recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So irrelevant that her haters can’t let her go...

...multiple threads locked...

...multiple posters banned over what they’ve said in such threads...

...for something done 15 years ago.

Irrelevant. Hm...

Still enjoying how the poll results are holding up, btw.
    When your claim to relevancy is the arc that sent you into Limbo for years, I don't know how happy you should be.

Decimation is important, thus Wanda is brought up often. That doesn't make her relevant, just look at where she is now (the answer is nowhere to be found). The fact that Decimation has been so impactful and dreadful to mutants should also help answer the question of this poll.

Her fans are vocal in defending her or her genocide and they do it here on the X-Boards, that's why the threads are endless. Vocal fanbase doesn't mean good story arcs (or Jean Grey wouldn't have been dead for ten+ years).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean... they did? It took a while, but she was made to do (out-of-character) things that should have disqualified her from ever being a hero again. A character without fans would just have stayed a villain.

It's a sign of how loyal her fans are that she not only re-emerged as a hero but made it into the MCU as a hero even though Marvel had to share her movie rights with another studio (at the time). Joss Whedon was a Boomer who read Avengers comics in the '70s and he wanted to do the Vision/Wanda romance so bad that he twisted the plot in knots just to get Wanda in the Avengers sequel.

I'm not saying people who find her boring should love her, but people who love her, really love her.
    why are you bringing up mcu wanda as a sign of her comic version's sucess and interest?
    cause Wendy in the mcu is pretty much eastern european Jean Grey, if she was interesting wouldnt they try to keep more traits ?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    why are you bringing up mcu wanda as a sign of her comic version's sucess and interest?
    cause Wendy in the mcu is pretty much eastern european Jean Grey, if she was interesting wouldnt they try to keep more traits ?
    Wanda's telekinetic trashing of Thanos in Endgame is an awesome Jean unleashed moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    When your claim to relevancy is the arc that sent you into Limbo for years, I don't know how happy you should be.

Decimation is important, thus Wanda is brought up often. That doesn't make her relevant, just look at where she is now (the answer is nowhere to be found). The fact that Decimation has been so impactful and dreadful to mutants should also help answer the question of this poll.

Her fans are vocal in defending her or her genocide and they do it here on the X-Boards, that's why the threads are endless. Vocal fanbase doesn't mean good story arcs (or Jean Grey wouldn't have been dead for ten+ years).
    These threads are created and propagated by her haters.

If she’s so irrelevant to you, leave her alone. Normal people don’t talk about things that are irrelevant to them.

And nobody’s defended a genocide, btw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Wanda's telekinetic trashing of Thanos in Endgame is an awesome Jean unleashed moment.
    It was yeah but the two characters share a name and that's it

Extraordinary Member

If there is a new X-men cartoon, should Wanda be in it, like she has since all the X-men series?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Ehhh. MCU Wanda is pretty close to the comic version: started working with bad guy, face-turned to join the Avengers, fell in love with robot, lots of power but sometimes screws up by not knowing how to use them, serious, solemn character who doesn't make jokes and cries a lot, etc.

The various X-Men adaptation cartoons she was in are sometimes pretty good but much farther away from the comic version, partly because they emphasize her being Magneto's daughter, something that was pretty much irrelevant to her character before House of M.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    These threads are created and propagated by her haters.

If she’s so irrelevant to you, leave her alone. Normal people don’t talk about things that are irrelevant to them.

And nobody’s defended a genocide, btw.
    We're having a conversation about whether she should be put to trial. You guys are as vocal as people who think she should, but it's the second time I've been called out on talking about Wanda in this thread as a rebuttal to my opinions. No arguments?

She's irrelevant to the comicbook industry as of now btw, who cares about me.

BANNED

yeah her lack of presence in the books for more than a team up is more evidence of relevancy than a handfull of fans discussing wanda in a forum

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We're having a conversation about whether she should be put to trial. You guys are as vocal as people who think she should, but it's the second time I've been called out on talking about Wanda in this thread as a rebuttal to my opinions. No arguments?

She's irrelevant to the comicbook industry as of now btw, who cares about me.
    I’m not calling you out for discussing her. Do what you please.

But “you’re so irrelevant, so I’m going to keep talking about you” is really just a silly argument to make.

And if you’re bored, stop doing it?