View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 54 of 123 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    A whole mood.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    "Are you going to hold that over me forever?"

Says it like she just ate her yogurt without asking...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    In Children's Crusade, yes, but are you really going to hold up that series as Scott being in character? The guy heard Wanda offer to restore mutant powers, Rictor told everyone she restored his powers, and Scott was like, no, forget about restoring mutants, you're going to mutant jail.

I don't hold that against Scott because it's out of character for him, and out of character stories shouldn't be held against a character. In that, at least, I'm consistent.
    its canon. One cant just disregard stories bc they dont like them. I mean you can, but that has no basis on a discussion or argument that stuff still happened and perfectly valid for someone to bring up as fact.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    its canon. One cant just disregard stories bc they dont like them. I mean you can, but that has no basis on a discussion or argument that stuff still happened and perfectly valid for someone to bring up as fact.
    But if a character does something that is completely out of character for them, the best we can do is no-prize it by coming up with a logical reason why they acted that way. Maybe it was mind control. Maybe they misunderstood. Whatever.

But that story is not going to make me believe that Scott Summers is someone who would put petty vengeance over the chance to restore the mutant race. He's not that kind of character and a few pages from one story doesn't change that.

Canon is fun, but the characters are written by many writers and one story doesn't outweigh decades of history for a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    nope that's why she's a mess in every sense of the word
    No, the reason she is a mess is that she had a terrible father figure. I mean let's be honest, he killed his son/her brother in front of her while she is having a major freak out, how was that in any way going to end well? If anything Pietro and Magneto are more to blame than her, but that's just my opinion for which I will be roasted for I guess because dem the rules.

Though bad parenting seems to be a theme in X-men.

Xavier's a terrible dad (example Legion messing up the timestream because dad issues), Raven's a terrible mom (messes with her children's lives or kills them), Jean is a terrible mom (forgave Kid Cable after despite him killing old Cable or not bothering to worry Rachel just got kidnapped by Ahab and turned into a Hound), Cable is a sort of terrible Dad (example Tyler did better with Hope so lessons learned I guess) Scott's a terrible dad (look up Jean's), Logan is just god awful with blood relatives (Daken is messed up and Laura is better of without him tbh)...in fact, this makes me glad Rogue doesn't want kids.

Moving back on topic, can the X-men even have her tried (albeit a fake one at that)? She isn't a mutant anymore so they can't just grab her and not expect any backlash for it right? I mean they got away with taking Sabertooth because of the whole mutants judge mutants? Well, then why would they get her if Marvel got rid of that aspect of her? Does she even have an X-gene anymore? At that point would their actions not cause more trouble than she is worth? Mutants are moving to be on the dominant end of the spectrum and they got away to restore powers...albeit in a bloody, brutal cult-like way mind you, so why even bother? She is not bothering them and they are better off not getting into that mess.

And let's not even start on their terrible security where it was like every other week someone got into the island by some means. A crap ton of powerful mutants live on the island and they are worth jack all for security. So how long would they hold her before a team comes and whisks her away?

As for the fanbase, well let's be frank, they will never...EVER be satisfied with any outcome in regards to her, HoM, or M-Day. I honestly think not even killing her will make them happy or give any form of satisfaction or closure to taht period in time.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 05-07-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    But if a character does something that is completely out of character for them, the best we can do is no-prize it by coming up with a logical reason why they acted that way. Maybe it was mind control. Maybe they misunderstood. Whatever.

But that story is not going to make me believe that Scott Summers is someone who would put petty vengeance over the chance to restore the mutant race. He's not that kind of character and a few pages from one story doesn't change that.

Canon is fun, but the characters are written by many writers and one story doesn't outweigh decades of history for a character.
    I dont think he was out of character in that mini. His goal was to apprehend Wanda. He didnt trust her and had no reason to. He wanted to apprehend her and then decide what to do with her. Maybe he would have worked with her to restore the mutant powers once he could confirm this in a contained environment away from the fighting but too much was happening. I dont think there was anything completely out of character of wanting to arrest her and she saying she can restore powers shouldnt have been enough for him to just give her a free pass on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    No, the reason she is a mess is because she had a terrible father figure.
    She did not. She wasn't raised by Mags, and Django was a good father. She's messed up because comics think women should be punished for having a lot of power.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A whole mood.
    The only thing worse would be if she were wearing the stripper/belly dancer outfit.

It’s canon that Wanda was possessed, too, but that’s always conveniently ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    It’s canon that Wanda was possessed, too, but that’s always conveniently ignored.
    They need a bogey (wo)man. What else would occupy their day?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Touché. I personally dont care. The damage was already done by the time that retcon happened and it didnt absolve her from retribution. That LF revolve was so hokey and didnt make sense when it was brought. It was a cheap cop out that didnt actually redeem her at all

Extraordinary Member

That LF revolve was so hokey and didnt make sense when it was brought. It was a cheap cop out that didnt actually redeem her at all
    True, but then you can see why Wanda's fans would go: House of M made no sense because it contradicted every other story Wanda was ever in, therefore, we don't accept that she did it. There is an alternative explanation in the comics - "Doom did it" is stupid but it's less stupid than "Wanda did it."

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She did not. She wasn't raised by Mags, and Django was a good father. She's messed up because comics think women should be punished for having a lot of power.
    Mags didn't raise but eventually he did get involved in their lives.

Touché. I personally dont care. The damage was already done by the time that retcon happened and it didnt absolve her from retribution. That LF revolve was so hokey and didnt make sense when it was brought. It was a cheap cop out that didnt actually redeem her at all
    So you understand why Wanda fans think M-Day is hokey and doesn’t make sense? Cools.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That’s no excuse. Look at Storm. All that power but she doesn’t act like a $&@&#%!