View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 57 of 123 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Wow I would love to see that, this forum would just explode with all the new threads that would bring
    And they would too, I mean looking at their reactions to Sabertooths shotgun trial and Mystique giving Xavier and Magneto the finger for not killing the scientist shows they would lose their minds if that scenario ever came to pass...which kind of make me want to see that happen but only if Hickman is behind the wheel and not anyone else.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And they would too, I mean looking at their reactions to Sabertooths shotgun trial and Mystique giving Xavier and Magneto the finger for not killing the scientist shows they would lose their minds if that scenario ever came to pass...which kind of make me want to see that happen but only if Hickman is behind the wheel and not anyone else.
    Agreed and yes Hickman would know what to do with this premise without holding back.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I actually would love to see Hickman address this with Magneto and Exodus, I could see them having a very interesting talk over this because technically speaking Exodus is no wrong in that Wanda did decimation but heīs completely wrong about the situation when this happened and is using this to make mutants hate her which will not go well with Magneto. Exodus also used to be jealous of Pietro and Wanda for their relationship with Magneto. I canīt wait to see Hickman tackling all this situations and see where they will lead. Exodus could even use this to say Magneto is a traitor to Krakoa, the drama writes itself.
    Why would he talk to Exodus? Is he the 'Prophet of the Pretender' or something?
    lol
    Surely it's become a horror story among the 616 Mutants? The trauma of MDay likely become absorbed in the genetics of Mutants everywhere
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Have the Quiet Council judge her and send her down to be in prison with Creed. I can see everyone’s votes:

Mystique-guilty
    Sinister- guilty
    Kurt-innocent
    Magneto-innocent
    Jean-innocent
    Storm-innocent
    Xavier-innocent
    Kitty-guilty
    Exodus-guilty
    -|A|- guilty
    Shaw -guilty
    Emma -guilty
    I can see Apocalypse going with innocent and saying something to the effect of "she had the power to impose her will over reality and did so. She proved she was strong. There's no crime there."

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol
    Surely it's become a horror story among the 616 Mutants? The trauma of MDay likely become absorbed in the genetics of Mutants everywhere
    Well because he has kind of become the teller of tales to Krakoaīs children

I think no enough time has passed for it to be absorbed in the genetics of mutants specially since whatever Hope did with the Phoenix helped mutants genetics all over the world, I think thereīs trauma involved because for them must be like losing a fundamental part of their self, they just didnīt know how or why it happened, thatīs where Exodus comes, heīs indeed telling them the truth but without the nuances of the situation it makes what he says a half-truth that can be used to manipulate depowered mutants into taking a extreme pov towards Wanda or humans in general.

To Exodus credit I donīt think he completely made Wanda seem evil, just arrogant, in believing she knew better than mutants about themselves, while the truth is that she did that in a moment of anger when she wasnīt in her right mind. I donīt think this would comfort the depowered mutants but imo thereīs a difference in believing someone thought they knew better than you about yourself and hurted you as a result to someone who lost control of themselves and hurted you. There would still be anger but not the type of anger someone could use to manipulate them into their way of thinking.

I can see Apocalypse going with innocent and saying something to the effect of "she had the power to impose her will over reality and did so. She proved she was strong. There's no crime there."
    Agreed, thatīs something he definitely would say, Mr Sinister probably would be impressed with the level of genetic change she did in the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-07-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I just reread Children's Crusade and I can't help but be amused that Scott's grand punishment for Wanda at the time was to let her just live, knowing she'll never be forgiven and that she should feel guilty for the rest of her days, and he topped it off with a threat to kill her "when" not if it happens again.

And in response to all that Wanda just stopped giving a fuck all together, and upgraded from robot to a brother. And was forgiven by the majority of people she actually cares about.
    Last edited by Journey; 05-07-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just reread Children's Crusade and I can't help but be amused that Scott's grand punishment for Wanda at the time was to let her just live, knowing she'll never be forgiven and that she should feel guilty for the rest of her days, and he stopped it off with a threat to kill her "when" not if it happens again.

And in response to all that Wanda just stopped giving a fuck all together, and upgraded from robot to a brother. And was forgiven by the majority of people she actually cares about.
    yeah the only part of Scott that was out of character in the mini was what you just stated

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just reread Children's Crusade and I can't help but be amused that Scott's grand punishment for Wanda at the time was to let her just live, knowing she'll never be forgiven and that she should feel guilty for the rest of her days, and he topped it off with a threat to kill her "when" not if it happens again.

soooo just all the teammates she's boned?
    GrindrStone(D)

Fuck If I know I only remember her banging the computer. *shrugs*

Attempting to slut shame. Grooooosssss.

Astonishing Member

lol
    Read encounters whenever Wandas in trouble, like Avengers: Disassembled, and Children's Crusade, when she's in danger he'll come and protect her. He has history of Exodus, since he awakened Exodus to be his second in the Brotherhood, who worshipped him and created the Acolytes when Magneto's mind was wiped by Xavier.

That's not how trauma works.

Speaking of her men where's Brother Voodoo? He can be front row seat in the trial.

I like that guy. He's cool.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Speaking of her men where's Brother Voodoo? He can be front row seat in the trial.

I like that guy. He's cool.
    He's teaching the Magical freaks of tommorow over at Dr Stranges new rippoff academy for the magically inclined youngster's. Wanda herself also dabbles there as a guest speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Attempting to slut shame. Grooooosssss.
    Its okay to kill someone as long as you let them screw you if you bring them back

Last edited by Havok83; 05-07-2020 at 04:55 PM.

More slut-shaming. Groooooosssss. Need a shovel?

Don’t blame Wanda because Hawkeye screwed 1) an amnesiac woman (which is rape according to some laws) 2) a Doombot. We’re still not exactly sure which was the case.