View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1837

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It is a point that needs clarification: how can a creature be Xavier's sister without being neither mutant nor human?

However, I don't see the sacrilege in Cassandra being a mutant despite the fact she hated all the mutants, she had a special name and a stranger fate…
    She's not really his sister. Its more of a marketing thing to simplify things in a similar to how X-23 is considered Wolverine's clone although not technically a clone. Nova belongs to an alien race known as Mummadrai that exists as a parasitic life form of pure psionic energy on the astral plane. They require a host in order to become corporeal and Nova used Xavier's genetic material to create a body for herself while he was still in his mother's womb. She shares his DNA which is why people consider her his sister but the Mummudrai are not human in nature

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's not really his sister. Its more of a marketing thing to simplify things in a similar to how X-23 is considered Wolverine's clone although not technically a clone. Nova belongs to an alien race known as Mummadrai that exists as a parasitic life form of pure psionic energy on the astral plane. They require a host in order to become corporeal and Nova used Xavier's genetic material to create a body for herself while he was still in his mother's womb. She shares his DNA which is why people consider her his sister but the Mummudrai are not human in nature
    I don't know. Is that's somehow better or worse than "evil long lost twin?"

BANNED

tbh cassandra and wanda are like the same but with 2 oposite ends on the honesty factor:
    Cassandra is evil and wants you to know shes evil, wanda cries and does yoga to pretend she's cool now

To that: the biggest face palms of all face palms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    To that: the biggest face palms of all face palms.
    I mean both are genocidal, both leech off bigger things, both are hypocritical and self hating and lack remorse, but wanda hasnt gotten any form of payback yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I mean both are genocidal, both leech off bigger things, both are hypocritical and self hating and lack remorse, but wanda hasnt gotten any form of payback yet
    Is Nova hypocritical though? I mean she owns who she is and doesnt preach about being above the bullsh-t

BANNED

Is Nova hypocritical though? I mean she owns who she is and doesnt preach about being above the bullsh-t
    Oh you are right there, so scratch that I was thinking of her hatred of mutants while its the source of her power, but both are similar, but cassandra is G that went over the top and doesnt gives a fuck while wanda has this "poor sad woman" pity party act

I’ve already face palmed as hard as I can; that’s all you’re getting.

BANNED

I’ve already face palmed as hard as I can; that’s all you’re getting.
    that's nice, wanda is still a villain in sheeps clothing that not even the mcu can save

Astonishing Member

It's not marketing when the character explains her origins and we see them on the panels. This is semantics, the Mummadrai concept works by manifesting on the physical plane by creating an evil twin duplicate - this is where Nova being a mutant comes in. She is his literal twin sister, that's the gimmick which defines her. They let Apocalypse, Shaw and Sinister in, it's not like mutant genocide is a standard they stop at. It's hypocrisy.

Edit: The thing is that all those villains needs very small nudging to come on board so why wouldn't the same apply to Nova? They just showed up one day on Krkaoa and all were well.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-12-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that's nice, wanda is still a villain in sheeps clothing that not even the mcu can save
    If that’s the case, she’s the perfect bedfellow for the current era of X-Men, and I don’t understand why you’re so upset.

If that’s the case, she’s the perfect bedfellow for the current era of X-Men, and I don’t understand why you’re so upset.
    Apparently, it's easier to hate a human villain than a mutant villain.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Nova seemed delighted to be evil, as old-fashioned villain and her justifications were flimsy: she reproached what Xavier did in utero and her hatred encompassed all the mutants.

You can talk with Wanda — when she is in her normal state — she is a good person, you couldn't with Nova, this one was downright frigthening. Where is she, now, by the way?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nice sarcasm...
    No. Seriously. I misread his post.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

What if?...

Wanda is to Pietro
    As
    Cassandra is to Charles
    ?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver