View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 71 of 123 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1837

I'm a little bit surprised that this thread is still going.

I cant claim to have read Children's Crusade, so I don't know what happened in that comic. I do know that much of Wanda's problems with the X-Men seem to be lingering amongst the characters.

I seem to be one of the few remaining X-Men fans who still likes Wanda. Well, on this forum at least. However
    My vote would be to have Wanda stand trial if there is a good enough story. I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if this has been suggested already.

Seeing as how Wanda's name keeps getting invoked by the mutants on Krakoa, it seems as though we might get a story dealing with Scarlet Witch and the X-Men. I hope that it leads to her becoming a mutant again.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-14-2020 at 06:10 AM.

You know wanda is many things. Hypocritical, judgemental, shitty mom, mentally ill, but she's not evil. **** I wish she was her being the big bad of the X-Men universe would provide the type of mess I live for. Plus they need a villain in the Hickman era, all this Krakoa Barney love with the villains can only last so long! And the political stuff will get boring after a while.

I'm just so indifferent to Wanda I could care less as far as hero or villain. I do feel however any interaction with the mutants will lead to another retcon. Which is fine because the original was just so poorly thought out and executed. Also it'll really test the Krakoa forgive and forget policy. I know certain X- fans don't want it but the Wanda and Pietro new origin makes no sense as far as canon continuity and it bugs me. Hope has taken and used Wanda's powers, and her powers only work on mutants even future versions of Hope could only use her powers on mutants! Pietro was depowered during M-Day. And even Marvel knows how stupid it is they literally have left the father a complete blank even in the new origin so they have themselves a way out. It's gonna happen.
    Last edited by Journey; 05-14-2020 at 07:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know wanda is many things. Hypocritical, judgemental, shitty mom, mentally ill, but she's not evil. **** I wish she was her being the big bad of the X-Men universe would provide the type of mess I live for. Plus they need a villain in the Hickman era, all this Krakoa Barney love with the villains can only last so long! And the political stuff will get boring after a while.

I'm just so indifferent to Wanda I could care less as far as hero or villain. I do feel however any interaction with the mutants will lead to another retcon. Which is fine because the original was just so poorly thought out and executed. Also it'll really test the Krakoa forgive and forget policy. I know certain X- fans don't want it but the Wanda and Pietro new origin makes no sense as far as canon continuity and it bugs me. Hope has taken and used Wanda's powers, and her powers only work on mutants even future versions of Hope could only use her powers on mutants! Pietro was depowered during M-Day. And even Marvel knows how stupid it is they literally have left the father a complete blank even in the new origin so they have themselves a way out. It's gonna happen.
    shed be so good as a villain though, like it be a 4dimensional serve instead of yoga vegan lady that thinks the first 2 practises remove the fact she commited genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    shed be so good as a villain though, like it be a 4dimensional serve instead of yoga vegan lady that thinks the first 2 practises remove the fact she commited genocide

There's something really satisfying about making fun of her doing yoga.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

There's something really satisfying about making fun of her doing yoga.
    "oh im a totaly difrent person now, I do yoga and talk about the therapy I totaly am doing only now and not before my atrocious actions, but its okay cause I reality warp all the gluten from my food now uwu, here's a link to my Animal crossing island ah ah"

I sometimes wonder how much of this thread is self-projection.

"oh im a totaly difrent person now, I do yoga and talk about the therapy I totaly am doing only now and not before my atrocious actions, but its okay cause I reality warp all the gluten from my food now uwu, here's a link to my Animal crossing island ah ah"
    LMAO not Animal Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I sometimes wonder how much of this thread is self-projection.
    The right amount. The rest is facts from comics.

Extraordinary Member

She and Pietro already served on a villain team and their whole thing was being the absolute worst villains ever, who spent all their time whining about how they didn't want to do anything evil despite being on a group literally called the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Some of this of course is on Magneto for the sheer stupidity of launching a villain team where half the members refused to do anything villainous, it's like that Monty Python sketch about robbers who don't want to steal anything.

But anyway, I wouldn't count on her being a good villain, it makes much more sense to argue that she sucks at both heroism and villainy and should just do yoga full-time.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think the X-men do need new villains after absorbing most of them for Krakoa but Wanda doesn´t have to be one and I dont think they see her as a villain. I do like the idea of the trial for the sheer drama of it and to see the different positions each character would take.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

This is legit how she reads to me when after she came back in Children's Crusade and no writer has done anything to change my view of her. In some cases (Remender) it just enhances this view.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    This is legit how she reads to me when after she came back in Children's Crusade and no writer has done anything to change my view of her. In some cases (Remender) it just enhances this view.
    Well, most writers just write her as pre-HoM Wanda. This is one of the problems with reconciling HoM with the character as she existed pre-2004: you can't. Even when Bendis wrote her again in Avengers vs. X-Men he just wrote her as Regular Wanda, someone who seemed too nice and not powerful enough to have done what he already showed her doing. To people who aren't fans of the character it just comes off as the writer being in denial. To fans of the character it just shows that if you write her correctly, you see that HoM couldn't possibly have been her fault.

Remender is the only writer as far as I can see who tried to figure out how to write Wanda as someone who could have been capable of HoM, giving her kind of an arrogant attitude about mutantkind and having her say (under mind control) that she could do HoM again given a big enough power source. But like a lot of things in Uncanny Avengers, this was better in theory than in practice. She just came off as a jerk arguing with other jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Her body in the womb was based on Xavier's. Mutants have had stranger appearances, like Danger.
    How is danger a mutant? But Sinister isn't? You must possess an X-Gene to be a Human-mutant Sinister has one Nova doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Nova began her life in utero as Xavier's twin sister.
    No she began as a bodiless worm baby born on the astral plane
    What we saw during the New X-men silent issue isn't what happened in reality. It was just Xavier showing Jean and Emma who exactly Nova was
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    How is danger a mutant? But Sinister isn't? You must possess an X-Gene to be a Human-mutant Sinister has one Nova doesn't.
    I was wrong about Danger being a mutant. Nova not being a mutant doesn't make any sense, her body is replicated from Xavier himself. The implication of Nova not being a mutant is that Xavier isn't.

No she began as a bodiless worm baby born on the astral plane
    What we saw during the New X-men silent issue isn't what happened in reality. It was just Xavier showing Jean and Emma who exactly Nova was
    Which wasn't what she stayed at, she reverse engineered Xavier's body to give herself one - that's the only reason she has a physical body and her psychic powers. This body is the mutant side of her, she didn't just steal an x-gene from someone and inject it in her body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, most writers just write her as pre-HoM Wanda. This is one of the problems with reconciling HoM with the character as she existed pre-2004: you can't. Even when Bendis wrote her again in Avengers vs. X-Men he just wrote her as Regular Wanda, someone who seemed too nice and not powerful enough to have done what he already showed her doing. To people who aren't fans of the character it just comes off as the writer being in denial. To fans of the character it just shows that if you write her correctly, you see that HoM couldn't possibly have been her fault.

Remender is the only writer as far as I can see who tried to figure out how to write Wanda as someone who could have been capable of HoM, giving her kind of an arrogant attitude about mutantkind and having her say (under mind control) that she could do HoM again given a big enough power source. But like a lot of things in Uncanny Avengers, this was better in theory than in practice. She just came off as a jerk arguing with other jerks.
    a lot of your defense of wanda reads as " oh that happened but pretty please ignore it because I dont like it" wich I can't agree with, she did what she did and still needs payback

Her "real" body is this one:

She lost her body based on Xavier's genes when Emma tricked her into going into the Shi'ar shapeshifter Stuff. She later tried to get out of there and get into Armor's body as she doesn't have a physical one naturally.

She had another body in Uncanny X-Force but it looked nothing like Xavier's.

The X-Men Red version has a physical body but we don't know how she made it, since she couldn't have gotten her original one back so probably she used tech or reconstructed her body psionically or maybe it was just an husk she was driving, but we don't know the specifics on whether it was still based on Xavier's or not.

She's still not a mutant, but a Mummundrai. She's a psionic parassite who's happened to be able to make a copy of Charlie's body with some enhancements, but she's not a mutant whatsoever, just an Alien species. The whole point of her species is being able to create constructs based on their victims, but their true forms are like the one in the picture. You can put her wherever you want as long as she has a host, like when she was put inside Stuff. Her real form is pure psionic entity.