View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    And after reading X-Men# 7 last weekend that looks a pretty painful way to get your powers back, what happens with the children ?, does Apocalypse slay them as well ?.
    Taking mutants' powers away from them would have caused much pain and suffering.
    mmm children? one gets mutant powers at puberty...

Yes, Wanda MUST be put to trial for crimes agains Mutantkind. Those kind of crimes never prescribe and should be judged by the The Hague Court.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Some of these Wanda roast be fucking hilarious I can't!!!!!!

IDK on one hand a trial could be juicy considering various factors, Magneto's unresolved issues with the twins, Wanda's thoughts on being the Judas of Krakoa, seeing all those kids get triggered and shit their pants when she steps onto the island.

At the same time though they had their chance she tried to give herself over to the X-Men they refused as far as I'm concerned that's an official pardon.

Krakoa Truthfully screwed the pooch on this one years ago. At this point I would love for Wanda to go full on antagonist to Krakoa! Just Imagine team Maximoff vs the entire nation of Krakoa real stakes and real beef not that weak ass beef from AVX!! I'm talking on sight, ran down of that bitch twice type of shit! That Cardi Beef that Beef that last FOREVA!!!
    Last edited by Journey; 03-05-2020 at 06:08 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pretty sure in House of M Wanda was the gun and Pietro pulled the trigger. Plus the X-Men washed their hands off of Wanda post-Avengers Disassembled.

Roll-safe.
    "Cable was right!"

She was mentally ill at the time. Heck, her powers are probably why her and Pietro aren’t registering as mutants anymore... especially after being mutants for the past 50 years AND registering on Cerebro (which means they’re backed up or it’d raise a red flag).

So no... let her go...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Krakoa Truthfully screwed the pooch on this one years ago. At this point I would love for Wanda to go full on antagonist to Krakoa! Just Imagine team Maximoff vs the entire nation of Krakoa real stakes and real beef not that weak ass beef from AVX!! I'm talking on sight, ran down of that bitch twice type of shit! That Cardi Beef that Beef that last FOREVA!!!
    Wanda fully unleashed is going to be a problem, in A vs X she's able to resists the Phoenix and she's a target for possession by Chthon. A battle between her and Magik would be a sight to see.

If Wanda were to be on trial for House of M, how about Pietro and Magnus?

We already had the Children Crusade's retcon that showed she was clearly manipulated.

Must the woman always take the blame alone? Are we still burning witches?

Let's forget Bendis' stories and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    This again? (rolls eyes)

She can't be put on trial by Krakoa because she hasn't committed any crime under Krakoan law. The Eichmann parallel doesn't work either because the Nazi Hunters were going after people who had been found guilty in absentia of a whole laundry list of crimes against humanity. What law did Wanda break when she said "No More Mutants?".

Like it or not (and I don't for soooooo many reasons) the writers of Disassembled, House of M and Children's Crusade gave her a clear Out where responsibility was concerned. She was 'somehow, for some Bendisian reason' not in her right mind when she merged with the Life Force and couldn't control her subsequent actions any more than any of the Phoenix Five could. It's stated repeatedly right there in the text. Unfortunately AvX happened, refu#%ing that chicken with all the nonsense about Wanda being the antithesis of the Phoenix Force (huh?) and asking X-fans to swallow the whole "See? She saved the day and restored mutantkind so The Avengers were Right!" BS. Then Remender took a great big dump on just about everything 'good' that was supposed to roll out after AvX, most effectively by turning Wanda into a self-regarding and entirely dismissive bitch who was somehow 'right' in her attitude to those whiny old mutants. But hey, if once being a bitch is going to be a retroactive criminal offense on Krakoa then she's hardly the first in line for sentencing (insert glyph of Beast at virtually any point during the Utopia and Schism Eras).

Point is, Hickman is clearly working up to some kind of resolution to the Scarlet Witch Problem that might well involve someone from Krakoa getting radicalised into attacking her directly, but I don't see him making it a black and white issue. More likely we'll get some kind of out of the blue stunner to retcon the whole issue like Wanda being dragged in chains through a Portal, everyone wondering how the hell The Pretender was able to pass through if she's not a mutant, the Avengers appearing overhead in Quinjets and a big brawl on the beach only averted by Phantazia (the only person other than Layla Miller to see right through the House of M reality-warp) wandering out between the two factions, pointing at Wanda and saying "She didn't do it."
    Please write comics.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    If Wanda were to be on trial for House of M, how about Pietro and Magnus?

We already had the Children Crusade's retcon that showed she was clearly manipulated.

Must the woman always take the blame alone? Are we still burning witches?

Let's forget Bendis' stories and move on.
    No, which is why she isnt dead

What do we burn besides witches?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I've said before I want Wanda to come live on Krakoa, "perform good deeds" in service of mutantkind, and gradually regain their trust. And along the way "find her true calling" away from Avengers/magic garbage.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Please write comics.
    Ha! Wouldn't that be nice.

Someone needs to bite the bullet and fix the terrible, terrible mess Bendis made when he 'reimagined' the Darker than Scarlet storyline as a lead in to his Disassembled idea, without, apparently, reading it all the way through. I loved Byrne on the FF and Hulk, but damn his West Coast Avengers was a disaster that's still messing with all the characters involved.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    "Make more mutants" very obviously.
    That's a Krakoan law. For Krakoans. So, no, not that obvious at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I've said before I want Wanda to come live on Krakoa, "perform good deeds" in service of mutantkind, and gradually regain their trust. And along the way "find her true calling" away from Avengers/magic garbage.
    why would anyone trust her on Krakoa? In your scenario, she'd be best with the Maraurders taking Kitty's place staying on the boat and never stepping foot on Krakoa mainland

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This would be cute tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why would anyone trust her on Krakoa? In your scenario, she'd be best with the Maraurders taking Kitty's place staying on the boat and never stepping foot on Krakoa mainland
    Because if she's a mutant, she has the right just as much as Apocalypse and Selene, who have killed just as many people over thousands of years.