View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 80 of 123 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1837

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    if it only it paid attention to the fact doom wasnt on earth when dissasembled happened, so it's a terrible idea to pin all the blame on him and on a force with nebulous proprieties, summoned for nebulous intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wolverine only lost because he was against another very popular hero if not one of the most popular, Spider Man.

Locals should be the first to know Storm since she's pop culture at this point, ins't she?

I was shock when i saw a character of her level of iconicsism being humilliated like that

Not if Wolverine steals all the attention which ain't that difficult since he's the most loved and well know mutant by locals and the GP
    C'mon, she lost a Twitter Poll against Thor, who has countless movie appearances and is more well known to the non-comicbook reading public. Don't make such a big deal out of it.

It won't make Wanda more popular or relevant than Storm lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    C'mon, she lost a Twitter Poll against Thor, who has countless movie appearances and is more well known to the non-comicbook reading public. Don't make such a big deal out of it.

Wanda had to get a new country, etnicity, accent, powers, hair color to be relevant.
    im suprised they havent hard retconed wanda because this comic book version just isnt working out.
    Last edited by Ferro; 05-17-2020 at 07:47 AM.

I don't remember claiming she is

I'm not the one claiming a character for being iconic, or having many apparences in Team books (always in the background tho) or there would not be so many petitions from the Storm fandom.

Yeah she lost to a very famous character like Thor but from a "B-List" group like the Avengers.

and you were right, its a bad metric.
    But storm even with terrible adaptations is still relevant, wanda got her moment in the mcu and yet the character cant seem to be used in the books, almost like there is no editorial wants and no writer wants to use her unles its zub or as a supporting cast for dr strange, sucks to suck :/
    tbh that's what she needs to become like just a supporting cast in dr strange
    Which is why I think them retconning her a lot and using her as a plot device wrecked the character. At one point Wanda and Vision were in the Avengers comics the most consistently out of other Avengers.

But keep in mind that comics reach is not anywhere near tv and movies. All characters that are wildly popular became so because of being in other media. Wanda now is way more known that even her most used era in comics and has way more merchandise. Same happened with the X-Men. I'm old enough to remember the cartoon making everything much more popular.

Which surprised the hell out of me at the time. Because before that, everyone hated comics and comic book characters in school.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

if it only it paid attention to the fact doom wasnt on earth when dissasembled happened, so it's a terrible idea to pin all the blame on him and on a force with nebulous proprieties, summoned for nebulous intentions
    Oh, I think that was probably on purpose. The writer wasn't allowed to completely exonerate Wanda as she deserved, so what we got was a story that had a lot of holes in it, freeing the characters and the readers to believe whatever they wanted about Wanda's guilt.

It's not that the timeline couldn't have been made to fit - for example, we don't actually know when Wanda found out about her kids' deaths, because she knew it already before the Wasp mentioned it to her (something Brian Bendis was definitely unaware of when he wrote it). It just isn't a complete explanation.

Same goes for the nebulous force and the nebulous intentions. Everything was kept as vague as possible so as not to completely retcon Disassembled/HoM out of existence.

It's even kept vague how much of the new backstory is actually true, especially since there are two versions of the comic. In the original comic, Wanda can't remember anything past going to Doom and all the rest of the story is Doom's. But in the trade version, whose dialogue was heavily rewritten, Wanda remembers at least part of it. I have no idea which version is even canon, not that I worry about such things too much.

I got back to the point in Children's Crusade when Wiccan is making the "X-men have villains among their ranks too" speech after he was told his mom caused Genocide and I--
    I did like the leaning on the fourth wall where he says that what happened to Wanda is going to happen to every one of them someday, i.e. a writer will make them do something terrible and they will need forgiveness as they claw their way back to respectability.

The "villains" thing doesn't work, you're right, since most Avengers/X-Men ex-villains are on the level of, well, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, characters who face-turned but were never that bad in the first place.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-17-2020 at 09:46 AM.

They should kill doom

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Magneto, Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, all are guilty of trying and failing to commit genocide.
    It’s not Wanda’s fault she beat them at their own, purposeful game, while not even in her right mind
    Soooo yah?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Situational ethics and favoritism are the order of the day for hardcore Wanda haters.
    I get it.
    Honesty, not so much.

If these fans would just admit they dislike her for her, not so much for actions, which they excuse in characters they do like, a more beneficial conversation could be had going forward.

Until then there’s no real meaningful dialogue to be had, just a lot of hemming and hawing.
    Huh? I don't get what you mean....it's not like Wabda is able to be known for anything but what's on the page aka her actions.... I seriously thought I coulda been into her based in her family background/powers but just didn't get an opportunity to read any of her major storylines...then MDay happened.....
    storm is a cultural icon, wanda is hot topic jean grey at her most popular incarnation
    YAS KWEEN!
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's not that the timeline couldn't have been made to fit - for example, we don't actually know when Wanda found out about her kids' deaths, because she knew it already before the Wasp mentioned it to her (something Brian Bendis was definitely unaware of when he wrote it). It just isn't a complete explanation.
    That reminds me, Wanda's appearance in a flashback in the Young Avengers annual, where Billy met her for the first time (the source of Wanda's infamous "being a mutant only makes people want to punch you more.") The timeline there is weird. He meets her outside Avengers Mansion. She gives him a pep talk about standing up to the school bully. Then, when he tries to stand up to the bully the next day, his powers emerge, and he goes back to the mansion to see Wanda and the mansion has been destroyed.

So the implication here is that Wanda was fine and completely herself just before her supposed breakdown in Avengers Disassembled. Between that and her cryptic line about "the more we do what other people want us to," I think there was probably some idea of retconning Disassembled/HoM that never came to be (Children's Crusade was already planned, but it was delayed a long time and was probably very different than originally intended).

There's also a fan theory that she accidentally gave Billy his powers or even accidentally turned him into the reincarnation of her son, but that's a stretch.

Holy crap...this thread is still going!?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    There's also a fan theory that she accidentally gave Billy his powers or even accidentally turned him into the reincarnation of her son, but that's a stretch.

Errrr Is that now what happened?
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errrr Is that now what happened?
    It's never been really explained what Billy and Tommy are or how they came to be. In "Young Avengers" Billy speculates that when Wanda lost her children to Mephisto, their souls went into new bodies. The Life Force retcon in "Children's Crusade" never actually says she succeeded in reincarnating her kids, and personally I always took it as saying the spell didn't work (or she would have been able to bring back the original Billy and Tommy), but like a lot of things there's really no definitive explanation.

Wanda's solo series lampshaded this by having her be as confused as the readers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Holy crap...this thread is still going!?
    Every page that gets added to this thread, New Mutants get pushed back by another week

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Every page that gets added to this thread, New Mutants get pushed back by another week
    “No more New Mutants movie”?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Cant wait to see the New Mutants movie tbh I am curious to know if the reason it was delayed it was because they wanted to introduce them into the MCU
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022