View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 28.72%
  • No

    67 71.28%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 300
  1. #226
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Because Marvel’s been bending over backwards for decades to save doom from pure villainy in favor of his noble demon shit

    With Wanda they just double down without rhyme or reason
    Or maybe it's that Marvel has always given the character more depth as a character and not just a garden variety bad guy. You yourself concede that it has been an ongoing thing for a while. Funny how no one complains about the overnight change of Magneto with very little lead up.

  2. #227
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, so many things wrong with Disassembled, but for me it is the lack of Research. The whole story hinges on Wanda not knowing she had kids, which she already remembered and dealt with.
    Also there is Jan, who Bendis loved to portray as a drunk who makes things worse in some flashbacks
    Bendis always seemed to have carte blanche from his editor. And truth to tell, they really didn't do their research very well on Doom for Children's Crusade since he was off the board down in Hell when Disassembled gets underway

  3. #228
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yeah I completly agree with this, im not sure why wanda being trown under the bus is such a crime but the same for doom is suddenly okay
    Everyone's happy to forgive Doom, this hasn't affected his sanding in universe or out at all. It's not ok that he did it, it's ok in the sense that he's a bigger culprit in what went down than anyone knew. Of course everyone knows Wanda wasn't in her right mind during House of M/Avengers: Disassembled, Bendis himself was very clear that Wanda was not doing this because she's evil. He clearly made it a Dark Phoenix situation, all Heinberg did was fill in the gaps.

    What I don't like is how everyone forgets Dr. Strange confessing to the Avengers it's all his fault because he's too lazy to help her when he knows Wanda's spiralling. I don't think Bendis intentionally wanted him to look that bad instead go just giving exposition about how Wanda got to that state. And to this day nobody in Marvel confronts him about it.

  4. #229
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Bendis always seemed to have carte blanche from his editor. And truth to tell, they really didn't do their research very well on Doom for Children's Crusade since he was off the board down in Hell when Disassembled gets underway
    According to Benids, he didn't have carte blanche and the editors did rein him in on occasion; if stuff like Disassembled and HOM were what they approved, who knows what he had planned that didn't get approved.

    As for Doom, weel around the time of Childern's Crusade, it seemed like blaming Doom for everything bad was the in-thing at that time. Also Bendis doesn't state how long a period there was between Wanda re-remembering her kids and actually performing Disassembled, so it's likely they used that vagueness to include Doom.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  5. #230
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Everyone's happy to forgive Doom, this hasn't affected his sanding in universe or out at all. It's not ok that he did it, it's ok in the sense that he's a bigger culprit in what went down than anyone knew. Of course everyone knows Wanda wasn't in her right mind during House of M/Avengers: Disassembled, Bendis himself was very clear that Wanda was not doing this because she's evil. He clearly made it a Dark Phoenix situation, all Heinberg did was fill in the gaps.

    What I don't like is how everyone forgets Dr. Strange confessing to the Avengers it's all his fault because he's too lazy to help her when he knows Wanda's spiralling. I don't think Bendis intentionally wanted him to look that bad instead go just giving exposition about how Wanda got to that state. And to this day nobody in Marvel confronts him about it.
    Everyone knows Marvel has double-standards when it comes to anything. Hank slaps Jan and is forever remembered as a wife-beater; Spider-man swats his pregnant wife into a brick wall and is nearly instantly forgiven. Wanda depowers nearly a million mutants, which doesn't get undone for ages and is damned because of it; the High Evolutionary depowers ALL of mutantkind, it gets undone in a bout a few issues and that's soon forgotten.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  6. #231
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Also going back to Bendis and Marvel not doing research, are they ever going to explain what happened to the 15.5 million mutants that just vanished between the attack on Genosha and M-Day?
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  7. #232
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Also going back to Bendis and Marvel not doing research, are they ever going to explain what happened to the 15.5 million mutants that just vanished between the attack on Genosha and M-Day?
    Joe Quesada wished them away

  8. #233
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Joe Quesada wished them away
    and then one day they all reappear
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  9. #234
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Before House of M, Wanda's association with the X-Men should have been as a role model, a mutant who was respected and loved.

    I mean, if you look back at history, you'd see that there were many successful African men and women before the civil rights era. They were the exception, not the rule obviously, but they existed. There were those capable of breaking through the barriers.

    Hell, Wanda was publicly known as a mutant for a far longer time than Professor X.

    Now, they oughta just leave her alone.

  10. #235
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Before House of M, Wanda's association with the X-Men should have been as a role model, a mutant who was respected and loved.

    I mean, if you look back at history, you'd see that there were many successful African men and women before the civil rights era. They were the exception, not the rule obviously, but they existed. There were those capable of breaking through the barriers.

    Hell, Wanda was publicly known as a mutant for a far longer time than Professor X.

    Now, they oughta just leave her alone.
    Same with the Beast, but the problem is that for the most part the X-Men have always been cut off from the rest of the Marvel Universe, so the impact of having Mutants, like Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Beast, Justice and Firestar on something like the Avengers wouldn't have any effect on stuff like the X-Men. Heck, the Uncanny Avengers which was supposed to help Avengers and X-men get along was a complete farce with Sunfire (one of the biggest non-team players) probably doing the best out of it.

    Part of the biggest problem in my opinion is that marvel never bother to really address the whole idea of what makes the public hate Mutants but see nothing wrong with someone like Thor or the Wasp.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  11. #236
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Same with the Beast, but the problem is that for the most part the X-Men have always been cut off from the rest of the Marvel Universe, so the impact of having Mutants, like Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Beast, Justice and Firestar on something like the Avengers wouldn't have any effect on stuff like the X-Men. Heck, the Uncanny Avengers which was supposed to help Avengers and X-men get along was a complete farce with Sunfire (one of the biggest non-team players) probably doing the best out of it.

    Part of the biggest problem in my opinion is that marvel never bother to really address the whole idea of what makes the public hate Mutants but see nothing wrong with someone like Thor or the Wasp.
    You can argue that Civil War for a time at least made the general public afraid of meta humans in general, mutant or otherwise.

    But the thing about it is for the MOST part, the average person wouldn't even know a super hero was a mutant or not unless they wore an X on their uniform. It's not like the average person wouldn't know for a fact that Wasp was or wasn't a mutant (ironically enough she was in the Ultimate Universe). The X is really the only way a mutant hater will know to hate them or not.

  12. #237
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can argue that Civil War for a time at least made the general public afraid of meta humans in general, mutant or otherwise.

    But the thing about it is for the MOST part, the average person wouldn't even know a super hero was a mutant or not unless they wore an X on their uniform. It's not like the average person wouldn't know for a fact that Wasp was or wasn't a mutant (ironically enough she was in the Ultimate Universe). The X is really the only way a mutant hater will know to hate them or not.
    Not really.

    Most mutants identify as mutants.

    And most superheroes at least have some semi public information available about them. Cap being a super soldier, Iron Man being Stark's bodyguard, etc. Wasp was a public heroine, as were the FF

  13. #238
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I wonder why Wiccan doesn't drag his ass out and try to do something about the spell given his standing as a demiurge. No all the selfish brat does is try to make his boyfriend happy by dragging interdimensional counterparts of his mother without their consent and he messes up even that and unleashes a celestial threat. Guess Marvel mages just can't perform resurrection spells or even magically compensate for that as seen when strange also tried to do something similar in Las Vegas.

  14. #239
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Avengers Mountain.
    Posts
    6,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    I wonder why Wiccan doesn't drag his ass out and try to do something about the spell given his standing as a demiurge. No all the selfish brat does is try to make his boyfriend happy by dragging interdimensional counterparts of his mother without their consent and he messes up even that and unleashes a celestial threat. Guess Marvel mages just can't perform resurrection spells or even magically compensate for that as seen when strange also tried to do something similar in Las Vegas.
    Wiccan unleashed a Celestial threat?! How?
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

  15. #240
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Wiccan unleashed a Celestial threat?! How?
    Read Young Avengers (2015). A extra dimensional entity was brought due to Wiccan messing about though kid Loki was also involved somehow. Can't remember exactly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •