View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We don't know what is happening to movie Wanda. But yeah the movies don't treat women as bad as comics have. So she stands a better chance. It's been said to be based on Vision and the Scarlet Witch and Vision's comic. So it'll be weird for sure. But Wanda didn't go "crazy" in either of those stories. And the synopsis indicates it's someone else causing the reality shifts.
    it seems at the very least visualy interesting, but im not going to buy a disney + subscription for it however

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it seems at the very least visualy interesting, but im not going to buy a disney + subscription for it however
    I got it for all the shows and Mandalorian.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

im more interested on she hulk/miss marvel/moon knight so im waiting for those

Astonishing Member

So at this time this is the results for both the Marvel comics and the X comics forums.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The margin between the two choices is more narrow than I would have thought from the X forums. There are more that want to move on from House of M than I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The margin between the two choices is more narrow than I would have thought from the X forums. There are more that want to move on from House of M than I would have thought.
    Cue Bob Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, does mystically tempered mutant power still just mutant power? I always think Elder Gods don't temper mortal on a genetic level but on a soul/spiritual level? Like Vampires and Werewolves'(Darkhold variants) fundamental difference from other human offshoot like Inhumans, Mutants, Eternals are that they aren't just got their genes changed.
    Probably some misunderstanding on my part, Mr.Busiek, I always take it that Wanda's mutant power, while granting her access to a mystical/magic source, the mutant power itself is still not mystical.
    Like in a case with enchanted weapons and ammos, sometimes only the ammo are enchanted.(A regular gun firing a silver bullet) I orginally think it functions that way.
    Think of her mutant power as a hose. Chthon hooked it up to chaos magic, rather than electricity or magnetism or wind patterns or some other energy source. But he did it permanently; she's been welded to chaos magic since birth.

So without Chthon's input, her mutant power would have been to channel some other power source. But he did interfere, so it's chaos magic. That's an essential part of her mutant power now.

Elder gods who mess with mortal people can do it on a genetic level. Heck, if a magic spell turned Hawkeye into a cockatoo, he'd have cockatoo DNA, so even that would alter him on a genetic level.

Chthon's got way more power than a simple transformation spell.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by KathrinBrown View Post
    Wanda Maximoff's Scarlet Witch series is said to be set in the '50s, and will feature Paul Bettany returning as Vision. Avengers: Endgame did help that confusing premise make sense somewhat, although it also made the story a bit more confusing as well with the events that played out.
    It's not set in the 50s. It has some time travel stuff, but that's not known if it's an illusion or not. It has different time frames through the decades.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Due to the recent events in Empyre X-Men the mutants will be after Wandas head more than ever.
    I'd love to see Apocalypse getting Mister Sinister to send the Hellions to abduct Wanda, to stand trial for her actions against mutant kind.
    Magneto will blow up but as Wanda is already in custody on Krakoa he is overuled in a very close vote by the Quiet Council, the casting vote being Charles Xaviers.
    Just when it looks like Wanda will be doomed to meet the same fate as Sabretooth being imprisoned within Krakoa itself, Mystique secretly contacts Quicksilver who then contacts the Avengers and others close to Wanda.
    The current Avengers line up of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, She Hulk, Ghost Rider along with Quicksilver, Vision, Doctor Voodoo, Wonder Man and Hawkeye gather.
    Let the games begin
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It was a crappy story that was meant to undermine the X-Men's core concept.

House of M wasn't really an X-Men story, yet it damaged them most. Hard to blame them for wanting to move on.

The current problem is that Hickman is a damn Bendis fanboy, thus he throws Wanda under the bus for Empyre

trial stories are dull as dirt. people have moved on

plus the apple dumpling gang right?

no just me?

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I’ve never understood this American passion for trial stories… No action, no humour, terribly wordy… Some old TV shows be held responsible for it but it still doesn’t explain anything…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Not really.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I’ve never understood this American passion for trial stories… No action, no humour, terribly wordy… Some old TV shows be held responsible for it but it still doesn’t explain anything…
    They're battles fought with clever word craft, eviscerating lesser minds with nuances and cunning.

If you're talking about comic book trials, then yeah. Not so much...