View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, she should.
    Because obviously she is already considered guilty without a trial and put into the service of "mutant plot device squad", like a prison sentence but worse.
    ...you're not wrong.

This whole X-Men Empyre crossover bullcrap is nothing more than a 3 issue mini meant to toss shade at the character

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...you're not wrong.

This whole X-Men Empyre crossover bullcrap is nothing more than a 3 issue mini meant to toss shade at the character
    If that becomes the case(which I Hope not I want this resolved that is good for both Wanda & the X-Men), then it’s going to greatly devalue both Hickman and his vision of the X-Men line IMO.

It would show an unseriousness in telling this story and why so many fans where against Wanda in this story in the 1st place.

Others have want this story, but if they are not serious about it why even do it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I can't even see how a trial at this point would be relevant esp since the entire multiverse had been destroyed and rebooted as part of Hickman's grand arc with Fantastic Four/New Avengers/Secret Wars

Or had happened 15 years ago, when the event itself happened. I'm sure cacti don't even hold water this long. The window has been long missed.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Forgive my memory, but wasn’t Doom behind what Wanda did? Isn’t that what Children’s Crusade about?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Forgive my memory, but wasn’t Doom behind what Wanda did? Isn’t that what Children’s Crusade about?
    Children's Crusade was very vague about what happened. It provided an explanation for why she was so powerful in HoM - something called the "Life Force," which Doom then stole from her, making it impossible for her to reverse her curse on mutants. And near the end, Doom claimed to have been behind her actions in Avengers Disassembled and House of M, but it was not supposed to be clear whether this was an actual confession, or if Doom was taking the blame to protect Wanda. In-story, the pro-Wanda characters said that Doom did it and Wanda wasn't guilty, while anti-Wanda characters disagreed.

I sometimes go "Doom did it" when people bash Wanda for "No more mutants," because if I have to choose, I think "Doom was behind the whole thing" is better than "Wanda turned into a self-hating mutant for no reason and did something that makes it impossible for her ever to be a hero again." I want my favorite character protected, so naturally I won't accept that HoM is something she could ever have done. But what she needs is a full-fledged retcon showing exactly what happened and why she's not guilty. I doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Children's Crusade was very vague about what happened. It provided an explanation for why she was so powerful in HoM - something called the "Life Force," which Doom then stole from her, making it impossible for her to reverse her curse on mutants. And near the end, Doom claimed to have been behind her actions in Avengers Disassembled and House of M, but it was not supposed to be clear whether this was an actual confession, or if Doom was taking the blame to protect Wanda. In-story, the pro-Wanda characters said that Doom did it and Wanda wasn't guilty, while anti-Wanda characters disagreed.

I sometimes go "Doom did it" when people bash Wanda for "No more mutants," because if I have to choose, I think "Doom was behind the whole thing" is better than "Wanda turned into a self-hating mutant for no reason and did something that makes it impossible for her ever to be a hero again." I want my favorite character protected, so naturally I won't accept that HoM is something she could ever have done. But what she needs is a full-fledged retcon showing exactly what happened and why she's not guilty. I doubt that will happen.
    Thank you so much for answering my question. I thought Doom was behind it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Doom did it was a BS excuse with no reasoning or validation, either have Wanda own it and say **** mutants, or have her own it and try to be their savior, either way sis needs to own it and stick with it.

Extraordinary Member

I don't see the problem with retconning Wanda's actions to be the act of a villain controlling or manipulating her. That's what they usually do with heroes who turn bad for no good reason. The only difference with Wanda is that the writers and editors didn't care enough about her to make sure she could be used as a hero again. Still, saying that it was Doom's master plan for some reason makes a bit more sense than having her own what she did in HoM, since it was so out of character for her.

Heinberg doesn't really put it on Doom either. His ending is deliberately vague on that point. Even Wolverine doubts he did it and was protecting her. It's easy for other other heroes to shift the blame away from her and just accept that it was all Doom. But when you go back to the timeline it really makes little sense. At the end of Mark Waid's Fantastic Four run, Doom was trapped down in Hell and doesn't escape until the hammer of Thor rips a hole in reality and he tags along in its wake. This is at the beginning of Civil War. Wanda does all the bad stuff during Bendis' Disassembled Arc, which occurs before Doom even gets out of Hell in FF #537.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-11-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Heinberg doesn't really put it on Doom either. His ending is deliberately vague on that point. Even Wolverine doubts he did it and was protecting her. It's easy for other other heroes to shift the blame away from her and just accept that it was all Doom. But when you go back to the timeline it really makes little sense. At the end of Mark Waid's Fantastic Four run, Doom was trapped down in Hell and doesn't escape until the hammer of Thor rips a hole in reality and he tags along in its wake. This is at the beginning of Civil War. Wanda does all the bad stuff during Bendis' Disassembled Arc, which occurs before Doom even gets out of Hell in FF #537.

How many times do characters do things and it doesn't fit with the timeline?! Damn near everything Jason Aaron on Avengers doesn't fit in with anybody, but it still counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    How many times do characters do things and it doesn't fit with the timeline?! Damn near everything Jason Aaron on Avengers doesn't fit in with anybody, but it still counts.
    But Heinberg is not laying the blame on Doom here....even Wanda doesn't go along with it and admits she was responsible for what she did. At her request, Doom helped her obtaine the power. What she did after that is all on her and her inability to control it. He is no where near her during all of Dissembled.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-11-2020 at 02:06 PM.

But Heinberg is not laying the blame on Doom here....even Wanda doesn't go along with it and admits she was responsible for what she did. At her request, Doom helped her the power. What she did after that is all on her and her inability to control it. He is no where near her during all of Dissembled.
    I think later writers SORT OF had Wanda put the blame of Doom.

But I would agree that it wasn't what Heinberg actually intended. Doom was clearly throwing himself on the sword for Wanda's benefit... I think later writers just sort of ignored that because no one wanted to follow up on that.

But Heinberg is not laying the blame on Doom here....even Wanda doesn't go along with it and admits she was responsible for what she did. At her request, Doom helped her the power. What she did after that is all on her and her inability to control it. He is no where near her during all of Dissembled.
    The power was too much for any human to control and Doom gave it to her knowing it would screw her mind. That's what's he's responsable for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The power was too much for any human to control and Doom gave it to her knowing it would screw her mind. That's what's he's responsable for.
    That's not what they say. Wanda tells the story about how it all went down when she regained her memory.