View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's not as serious as that. It's simply another fictional story that Marvel didn't follow through with properly. Wanda doesn't deserve to die because she was fridged for mutant stories lasting a decade. You can stay bitter about it. But it is what it is.
    she absolutly deserves to be killed off, other characthers have been put to the dirt for less

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    when its this impactfull its a detriment to ignore it, the health of a franchise trumps a single characther, simple as that.
    wanda dies, m day is finaly fixed permenantly, everyone gets a fresh start since then avengers and x-men can probably interact on better terms
    We already had Wanda banned from comics for years because it would be bad for "the health of a franchise" (two franchises in fact) to have her in comics. Her fans just want to read about her in stories that are not about this one stupid story that has nothing to do with who she is as a character.

Anyway it hasn't been ignored - Children's Crusade, AvX, most of Uncanny Avengers were all about this - it just hasn't been addressed in a way that suggests "no more mutants" was in character for Wanda or that she was actually a genocidal maniac. Because there's no way to write a story like that; you've been fooled by the Decimation stories into thinking "no more mutants" was something Wanda would do, and you won't rest until she's once again portrayed that way - i.e. inaccurately.

Again, if someone does a page where Storm eats babies, and then there are years of pages of characters talking about Storm the baby-eater, it doesn't change that Storm would never eat babies. Immersion has its limits. Wanda would never do that. Doom would.

BANNED

Or make it clear in universe that she's basicaly a purifier/sentinel ally by making the decimation public, make the characther forever be attached to those type of villains and seen as a hero to the anti mutant masses.
    but she did do it, it was her spell.

Or make it clear in universe that she's basicaly a purifier/sentinel ally by making the decimation public, make the characther forever be attached to those type of villains and seen as a hero to the anti mutant masses
    Well that's how you guys treat her, but that's not how she was depicted from the start. You know very well she wasn't with it then and then was said to be possessed later. Like numerous other heroes. You asking for her to pay in ways that many of those heroes haven't either just lends to the look of having a victim complex.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Or make it clear in universe that she's basicaly a purifier/sentinel ally by making the decimation public, make the characther forever be attached to those type of villains and seen as a hero to the anti mutant masses
    That would be an interesting story. It would be like after AvX, when Scott was treated as an evil terrorist pariah in-universe, when we the readers knew it wasn't his fault and he would never have done what he did if he'd been himself.

Similarly, the story you're asking for would make Wanda a hero to mutant-haters, and readers could feel bad for her knowing M-Day wasn't her fault (because, like Scott, it was something she would never do if she'd been herself). I'd take that.

What you're really hoping for though is a story that will show M-Day was in character for her and that she's totally unsympathetic. It's not likely to happen, because, again, you've been fooled by a few pages of bad writing.

BANNED

Well that's how you guys treat her, but that's not how she was depicted from the start. You know very well she wasn't with it then and then was said to be possessed later. Like numerous other heroes. You asking for her to pay in ways that many of those heroes haven't either just lends to the look of having a victim complex.
    It's an alternative to a death as a form of punishment, have a constant reminder that her actions made her a genocider at the same level as the sentinels and that she is a part of that evil is an enough ending to cement the story and her place in the world.
    as a prime antagonist for the x-men, that has more in common with the purifiers than she has with the avengers

It's an alternative to a death as a form of punishment, have a constant reminder that her actions made her a genocider at the same level as the sentinels and that she is a part of that evil is an enough ending to cement the story and her place in the world.
    as a prime antagonist for the x-men, that has more in common with the purifiers than she has with the avengers
    You act like you are the decision maker. When Marvel was, and told the story that they wanted to tell. It wasn't up to standard for anyone. She has way more in common with the Avengers. Especially if how you depict them through also cherry picking other stories stands. Her friends are there, her romantic relationships. Face it, she's just a bogey man to your side. You don't know her.

BANNED

You act like you are the decision maker. When Marvel was, and told the story that they wanted to tell. It wasn't up to standard for anyone. She has way more in common with the Avengers. Especially if how you depict them through also cherry picking other stories stands. Her friends are there, her romantic relationships. Face it, she's just a bogey man to your side. You don't know her.
    im just giving my opinion over what Id want to happen, she is pretty much just a boogyman since no one wants to use her

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Her brother and father. You know the men that were still right in their minds, that pushed her over the edge.

No you won't. You guys would never let it go. That story wrecked Wanda so much that she stopped being used for years. That wasn't enough. Her offering to repower wasn't enough. Then the excuse was that why should Scott trust her? Her being punched wasn't enough. Her being killed and gone for another six months wasn't enough. A trial won't be enough either.
    I agree. Time to move on people. The X-Men are always going to be a "woe is me, I'm a mutant" and apparently their fans prefer it that way. Just pick another boogey man.

im just giving my opinion, she is pretty much just a boogyman since no one wants to use her
    Is that why she's in several comics now? Because no one wants to use her? No one wanted to use her before. Because she got wrecked for other characters' stories. That's not an insult to the character like you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree. Time to move on people. The X-Men are always going to be a "woe is me, I'm a mutant" and apparently their fans prefer it that way. Just pick another boogey man.
    They do. It shows in this thread that they thrive on bitterness and petty behavior.

she absolutly deserves to be killed off, other characthers have been put to the dirt for less
    And other characters not so much, even among the X-ranks. Stay bitter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    we obviously cant shove wanda into a blob like cassandra, so boogey man treatment is the very least

we obviously cant shove wanda into a blob like cassandra, so boogey man treatment is the very least
    You aren't doing anything lol. It's Hickman's story. This "we" is weird. It's a fictional tale.

BANNED

You aren't doing anything lol. It's Hickman's story. This "we" is weird. It's a fictional tale.
    the writers wont use her I assume, but it be funny if she got the cassandra nova arch.
    neck crack- blob body - basement