View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Read Young Avengers (2015). A extra dimensional entity was brought due to Wiccan messing about though kid Loki was also involved somehow. Can't remember exactly.
    OK.Thanks. I didn't read anything about it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-15-2020 at 01:02 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Read Young Avengers (2015). A extra dimensional entity was brought due to Wiccan messing about though kid Loki was also involved somehow. Can't remember exactly.
    Ah yes "Mother", when Wiccan attempted to bring back Teddy's guardian and unlessed a terrifying monster from another dimension which could control adults.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Ah yes "Mother", when Wiccan attempted to bring back Teddy's guardian and unlessed a terrifying monster from another dimension which could control adults.
    WOW. I didn’t know this. I only Children’s Crusade.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I gotta say sorry to the SW fans as this is messed up. When I read that she did this I was shook. I hope there is a way around it because Wanda has been through so much and with this added on. It’s almost too much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I gotta say sorry to the SW fans as this is messed up. When I read that she did this I was shook. I hope there is a way around it because Wanda has been through so much and with this added on. It’s almost too much.
    This is the third bad thing they've done to her, within so many years. I don't get it. Even Hank Pym didn't keep on building evil robots after Ultron. I expected more from Hickman. It's puzzling, she's getting a revival on the movie side ad they do this to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is the third bad thing they've done to her, within so many years. I don't get it. Even Hank Pym didn't keep on building evil robots after Ultron. I expected more from Hickman. It's puzzling, she's getting a revival on the movie side ad they do this to her.
    he just gets Fused with ultron and trown into the sun lol, thats not a hill you want to die on since wanda had a bunch of stories forcing a redemption down our throats and turning anyone that has a grudge into bullies or villains, now the shoe is on the other side .
    it sucks but it sucked for the x-men in the decimation, avx and axis, suck it up

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Like mother, like son
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

didnt wana also sorta mess up with quicksilver in no surrender?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I still am siding on the side that it will work out in the end for the story of issue #4 to a degree.

The 2 preview pages IMO got the ball rolling finally and it is hard to see a conclusion that both Strange and Wanda are apart of not happening to some degree. I would not be surprised if Magik is somehow involved to, it be good for all 3 to work together since they have many times in the past.

We have to see what happens and then cross the bridge the story gives to us then together.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    None of No Surrender honestly stuck with me. That's the one where Wanda was blinded right?

Eta: Oh wait, that was No Road Home. I got my nos mixed up.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-15-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

The first “incident” with Quicksilver was because Wanda didn’t know the rules set by the higher beings, none of the heroes knew those at the time. Wanda’s magic did exactly what it was supposed to do. Even to the reader those rules were only explained a few issues later, so at first it rather looked like a screw-up by her, which was upsetting.

The second “incident” with Quicksilver was when Wanda helped him to get to ludicrous speed. That was a highly dangerous and untested “procedure” that they both agreed on to try anyway in a last-ditch attempt to save the world. While Quicksilver eventually got flung out of the space-time continuum, just before he had already archived the objective.

In a Quicksilver mini spinoff Wanda played a vital role in his successful retrieval.

Astonishing Member

he just gets Fused with ultron and trown into the sun lol, thats not a hill you want to die on since wanda had a bunch of stories forcing a redemption down our throats and turning anyone that has a grudge into bullies or villains, now the shoe is on the other side .
    it sucks but it sucked for the x-men in the decimation, avx and axis, suck it up
    It's not like Hank Pym deliberately made Ultron like that on purpose. That wasn't forced, not to fans who know the character and read the Avengers. How about instead of acting like this is like cheering on separate football teams we all want our characters to be respected and written properly? It's not like Wanda's immune to bad writing, every character gets it. Fans can like both Wanda and the X-men, you don't have to choose.

Edit:
    In fact, you'll find Wanda fans think what she did in House of M and Avengers: Disassembled was bad writing.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 08-15-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It's more of not knowing the Challenger's game rules(only a set numbers of Avengers are allowed to be active), so when she attempted to "de-freeze" another Avegner, QS ended up being the lottery winner of being frozen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Before House of M, Wanda's association with the X-Men should have been as a role model, a mutant who was respected and loved.

I mean, if you look back at history, you'd see that there were many successful African men and women before the civil rights era. They were the exception, not the rule obviously, but they existed. There were those capable of breaking through the barriers.

Hell, Wanda was publicly known as a mutant for a far longer time than Professor X.

Now, they oughta just leave her alone.
    The thing is that Avengers are just less popular than X-Men, I doubt they want to pull a lesser being to be their role model.
    Also she is Magneto's daughter, even before House of M that is one major factor that always overshadows everything else when she is pulled near the X-side.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's more of not knowing the Challenger's game rules(only a set numbers of Avengers are allowed to be active), so when she attempted to "de-freeze" another Avegner, QS ended up being the lottery winner of being frozen.
    Oh yeah, I do remember this now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.