View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not like Hank Pym deliberately made Ultron like that on purpose. That wasn't forced, not to fans who know the character and read the Avengers. How about instead of acting like this is like cheering on separate football teams we all want our characters to be respected and written properly? It's not like Wanda's immune to bad writing, every character gets it. Fans can like both Wanda and the X-men, you don't have to choose.

Edit:
    In fact, you'll find Wanda fans think what she did in House of M and Avengers: Disassembled was bad writing.
    Indeed, I like Wanda dn I like the X-men, and would love Marvel to treat both with diginity, instead of constantly using one as the scapegoat for everything bad that happens and releasing mass-extinction events on the other just to keep the weak minority metaphor going, instead of moving things forward.

She:
    Killed Hawkeye.
    Destroyed Vision.
    Killed Scott Lang.
    Created a false reality and wiped everyone’s memories.
    Killed almost a million mutants then went on vacation with Doom.
    Bodyjacked 2 children from other families and recreated her sons Wiccan and Speed.
    Cast an inversion spell that caused havoc for those around her.
    May have also cast a spell to be disconnected from her father Magneto.
    Resurrected almost a million mutants as zombies.
    Left them on an island.
    Carelessly left her magic tools that led to the recreation of a demon.

Her hits keep on coming....I get she has fans, but... why? I was curious about her and intrigued by her powers when I first started reading comics. When we she went apeshit about her kids. I lost her. She had sex with a robot and thought her kids were real. Everything else after that are just giant cherries on top of her crazy cake.

It would be interesting to have a report of all other heroes’ feats just for comparison.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    She:
    Killed Hawkeye.
    Destroyed Vision.
    Killed Scott Lang.
    Bodyjacked 2 children from other families and recreated her sons Wiccan and Speed.
    Left them on an island.

Her hits keep on coming....I get she has fans, but... why? I was curious about her and intrigued by her powers when I first started reading comics. When we she went apeshit about her kids. I lost her. She had sex with a robot and thought her kids were real. Everything else after that are just giant cherries on top of her crazy cake.
    Because a lot of this was retconned nonsense to have her be a plot device to fuel future events. Just because Marvel wants to portray her like this in modern comics does not mean that we need to stop being fans of her. She's a fictional character handled very badly.

The sex with a robot thing is not out of the realm of comics weirdness. Her kids were real, that was a retcon. She originally wasn't even sure about having kids.

And the "crazy" thing was ableist af.

Also most of those came back except for the unnamed mutants and Jack of Hearts. Death is just an inconvenience in comics.

And being disconnected from Mags, who was abusive at best is not the worst thing.

And Magik is now gonna be the queen she was always meant to be.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-17-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

She:
    Killed Hawkeye.
    Destroyed Vision.
    Killed Scott Lang.
    Left them on an island.

John Byrne, is that you?

It would. But not many would come close to almost a million mutants.

Beast did kill an entire planets population? He isn’t the most liked character either.

Beast did kill an entire planets population? He isn’t the most liked character either.
    Millions of unnamed mutants that were created just for that issue. They were fodder from the beginning.

She is the living retcon. Can we pick and choose at the point, which retcon to follow? As she is written, she is a liability. Her constant careless use of her powers should be addressed. She may mean well, she is still disastrous.

She is the living retcon. Can we pick and choose at the point, which retcon to follow? As she is written, she is a liability. Her constant careless use of her powers should be addressed. She may mean well, she is still disastrous.
    Which retcon was she murderous before 2004? Sure her parentage was retconned. It never should have been. Mags was a mistake.

Ultimate Member

Bishop did, actually, and he's back on the X-Men

#Alternativerealitylivesmatter

Extraordinary Member

She:
    Killed Hawkeye.
    Destroyed Vision.
    Killed Scott Lang.
    Left them on an island.

Her hits keep on coming....I get she has fans, but... why?
    Because most of those feats come from two events (Avengers Disassembled and House of M) where she barely appeared at all and the story was not about her? (Actually the same goes for X-Men: Empyre; the story is not about her and she appeared for three pages of the first four issues.)

I get that we all react to a character based on the stuff we've actually read about them and there is no one "true" way to view them, but for Wanda's fans, attacking the Avengers and wiping out mutants contradicts here previous 40 years of comics characterization, and so it doesn't count, any more than it would count if some writer decided to turn your favorite into a murderer for the sake of an event.

What's unusual with Wanda is writers have no interest in "fixing" her because Avengers Disassmbled and House of M were such big sellers (and because they were so popular, they're the first many people ever read of the character). But the reaction of her fans is just the reaction of fans through the ages: it's out of character, a writing mistake, she's still a hero.
    Last edited by gurkle; 08-17-2020 at 11:49 AM.

As she is. The Wanda before 2004 no longer exists. Wanda as She is now is a murderer. She regrets it
    But still makes painful mistakes.

As she is. The Wanda before 2004 no longer exists. Wanda as She is now is a murderer. She regrets it
    That's because Marvel wants to keep telling these sexist tales about her because x-fans eat it up.

Extraordinary Member

Of course she "exists," or at least as much as any nonexistent character can. Fans of a character don't read a bad story and say, welp, I hate her now. We just say, well, this story got the character wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's because Marvel wants to keep telling these sexist tales about her because x-fans eat it up.
    Weird that You call her story “arc” sexist? X-men fans like sexist stories?