View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    She is the living retcon. Can we pick and choose at the point, which retcon to follow? As she is written, she is a liability. Her constant careless use of her powers should be addressed. She may mean well, she is still disastrous.
    Only when X-books need her to be so, that is.
    The simple answer? Just pretend the X-side doesn't exist when writers feel like using her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by genericusername View Post
    you can't believe that they didn't know that by saying that mutants needed their numbers culled because they couldn't be marginalized if they kept their population would upset x-fans. That was literally what quesada stated as his reason for doing it. Nevermind that people can be marginalized in large numbers.
    they cannot be a minorty group if i cannot remember the name of every last member of them.

Extraordinary Member

So even though it hasn’t been stated. You guys are stating that Wanda fans are upset because you believe Marvel is using her to rile up the X-men fans thereby more sales?
    Well, isn't that exactly what is happening? What is the meaning of "believe" here?
    I doubt it ultimately result in more sales, nor do I think most X-fans actually care that much about her anyway(which is why I just hope they just separated Wanda from X-side completely and leave everyone in peace), but really, she is a cheap plot device everytime she got involved with X-side since 2004(not saying Avengers side are 100% safe for her either, but at least that is her home franchise).

Extraordinary Member

Her actions do need to be addressed.
    Sure, sure, when she is actually allowed to appear other than the need for her screw ups arises.
    And she is the textbook of an exmaple as a plote device in HoM, the concern is already present.

You guys aren’t going to be happy if the Wandavision rumors are true where she has a mental break from reality that leads into the next Avengers film.

Extraordinary Member

You guys aren’t going to be happy if the Wandavision rumors are true where she has a mental break from reality that leads into the next Avengers film.
    It would be the next Dr. Strange film that it leads into.

Those rumors have been around for a long time though and it's hard to tell how plausible they are, because it always seems like people read House of M and are extrapolating from that. There's no doubt that there will be some House of M influence though, as well as some kind of shenanigans that results in the children sticking around and becoming Young Avengers.

Astonishing Member

First, I'm going to need to hear more about these rumours and who made them before accepting them at face value. For all I know it may be wishful thinking, like what people did with Kathleen Kennedy being fired from LucasArts after TLJ.

No. Get over House of M, dude.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Not Really, mostly cause and Especially after how well the MCU handled the Civil War Movie SO Much better then it’s comic book counterpart the the leading heads of the MCU have shown good skill of even if their stories do go darker and have more trails for the heroes they seem to strive for them to come out positive and grown more by the end of their ordeals.

So for me No, they have earned right now my trust IF they down that route it just work out still for the better in the end for MCU Wanda.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    No. Get over House of M, dude.
    I miss my old, old forum avatar.

/sigh

I'm not gonna be surprised. I hope they treat her better in the MCU than they ended up doing in the MU. But also not holding my breath on that one.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Of course we won't be happy, then again I doubt MCU can pull off Bendis level of BS.
    And mind you the source of rumors is deeply affected by how people view her with HoM around, not really anything legit, like coming from the producers and writers etc.

Been there, done that. Nothing new about unconfirmed rumours.

Fantastic Member

You guys arenÂ’t going to be happy if the Wandavision rumors are true where she has a mental break from reality that leads into the next Avengers film.
    Those rumours are speculation. Feige has emphasised how fun the story is, while Bettany has implied the latter half of the show is a standard Marvel adventure. Olsen has stated they used many stories as inspiration, which means they are not using one story. They will use parts of stories, but will not copy them wholecloth.

Many of the articles and YouTubers speculating on WandaVision are often hilariously ignorant, with nonsense such as Mephisto and Nightmare being touted as the villain with no mention of Chthon who has actual ties to Wanda, and is the thing which superhero stories thrive on; the deeply personal antagonist. One who has ties to Blade as well

The assumption that Vision plays no role in the story other than as an illusion, is particularly stupid and actually offensive, yet it is very widespread. From what Schaeffer and Shakman have said, this will celebrate Wanda and Vision's relationship.

Some rumours even vigorously urge us to believe that the feminist Jac Schaefer (who wants to tell positive stories), and the women writers on the show will make both Wanda and Agatha Harkness into villains. I very much doubt that would be well received.

Something many people miss is that people watch sitcoms as escapism and to vicariously experience a better life, this is not weird or evil, but a very human thing. "You're more like Wanda than you think", is I think Feige's message.

It's been stated she will become Scarlet Witch, to that we will learn why she is called that. The title is heroic, and narrative tradition is that superhero titles are always earned.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-22-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Weird that You call her story “arc” sexist? X-men fans like sexist stories?
    I have seen X-men fans defend all manner of racist, sexist, ableist writing. Yes, X-Men fans absolutely are capable of liking sexist storytelling.