View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    It’s a big part of why I want Magda to be bough back. She survived the Holocaust and wandering alone pregnant until she froze to death to keep Magneto from finding the twins. Everything we know is from Max or Bova. I want to know more about her, and why Chthon found so fascinating about her offspring. Not Magneto’s children, but the children of Magda! Let’s see why he thought Magda was so potent that while he didn’t or couldn’t use her as a crazy, but her children would be perfect. Or was it the combined blood of Magda and Magneto, magic and science, that made the Maximoff twins as suitable skin suits for a elder demon god of chaos?

Wand was the best choice, but Pietro was the spare in case something happened to Wanda, I guess.
    If Magda is Natalya and came from a family strong in magic according to Marvel it makes sense Chthon would find her offspring suitable to get into the real world, if we forget the Axis retcon and add Magneto´s own bloodline that came from science then you have truly unique descendants that have a mixed origin for their power, one natural and one supernatural. There was even an old marvel comic that talked about Chthon being interested in Magda´s twins because of this strange mix of Science and Magic, if you ask Dr Doom that makes for a powerful mix. If we follow Wanda´s series it´s possible Natalya(magda) died confronting Chthon and the HE for her twins.

I hd Chthon also has had a lot of influence over the twins lives and that´s why their life has been so caothic and why they sometimes go over the edge mentally and emotionally apart from their own troubled origins of course.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-05-2020 at 09:16 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Please don't write her name!
    Pretender! Pretender!
    She must be burned! Kill the Pretender!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Please don't write her name!
    Pretender! Pretender!
    She must be burned! Kill the Pretender!
    lol yes I also find that I little over the top but I guess Hickman has his reasons for writting the story this way, hope it leads to some closure and resolution at least.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errr she never had kids
    Wiccan and Speed are her twins sons with Vision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan_(comics)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_(Marvel_Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Not exactly. They have the essences of her former sons. But those two were born to other people. Wanda's original sons are still dead.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Sure, but do you really want to open this Pandora’s box of putting supers on trial for all the crap they get up to?

The Illuminati would all be up there with her. Carol Danvers gets a pass because all the crap she did was legal but I bet you could hurl some pretty damning civil suits at her.

How many people did Emma Frost conspire to murder before she turned “good”?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Sure, but do you really want to open this Pandora’s box of putting supers on trial for all the crap they get up to?

The Illuminati would all be up there with her. Carol Danvers gets a pass because all the crap she did was legal but I bet you could hurl some pretty damning civil suits at her.

How many people did Emma Frost conspire to murder before she turned “good”?
    This isnt the thread to call out EVERY bad thing every OTHER char has done. Derailing a thread discussing irrelevant stuff is kinda shady
    GrindrStone(D)

This isnt the thread to call out EVERY bad thing every OTHER char has done. Derailing a thread discussing irrelevant stuff is kinda shady
    Calling out hypocrisy and double standards is always appropriate.

Astonishing Member

The time to do a trial/reckoning was after M-Day itself or at the latest after Children’s Crusade

Now? It would serve as nothing more than a revenge fantasy and the X-Office pleasuring themselves at being the main IP of Marvel again

Re: Magda being Natalya, does that really square with it being established that Natalya was the daughter of a previous Scarlet Warlock and the sister of Django?

I mean there’s the option that Django was Magda’s child by Erik and she married Scarlet Warlock to have Natalya, but that makes things... somehow more complicated
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 03-06-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Calling out hypocrisy and double standards is always appropriate.
    but in a thread dedicated to asking about one specific incident perpetuated by one specific char? I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The time to do a trial/reckoning was after M-Day itself or at the latest after Children’s Crusade

Now? It would serve as nothing more than a revenge fantasy and the X-Office pleasuring themselves at being the main IP of Marvel again
    Eh Old plotlines are always revisited...revised...revisited again...its the nature of the comic book beast lol
    GrindrStone(D)

The other characters' misdeeds are related to Wanda's by similarity, so it's still relative to the subject.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The biggest crime here is Bendis's inability to do any research and the Editors not catching it and he did it twice with Wanda. First he makes Wanda forgetting her kids and then remembering them, the sole reason for Disassembled happening, this is despite the fact that Wanda knew about what happened to her kids. Therefore Disassembled should never have happened, therefore no HOM. Secondly he claims that Wanda depowered roughly 986,618 mutants, which represents roughly 98% of all mutants, however the attack on Genosha killed 16.5 million which was revealed to be roughly half the mutant population, so where did the other 15.5 millions mutant go?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The other characters' misdeeds are related to Wanda's by similarity, so it's still relative to the subject.
    Especially when we are talking about the hypocrisy and double standards of the Crucible

but in a thread dedicated to asking about one specific incident perpetuated by one specific char? I doubt it.
    Laws, the ways in which they are broken, and appropriate punishment should always be evaluated in context of other situations.

That and...who should take a hypocrite seriously?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The biggest crime here is Bendis's inability to do any research and the Editors not catching it and he did it twice with Wanda. First he makes Wanda forgetting her kids and then remembering them, the sole reason for Disassembled happening, this is despite the fact that Wanda knew about what happened to her kids. Therefore Disassembled should never have happened, therefore no HOM. Secondly he claims that Wanda depowered roughly 986,618 mutants, which represents roughly 98% of all mutants, however the attack on Genosha killed 16.5 million which was revealed to be roughly half the mutant population, so where did the other 15.5 millions mutant go?
    It was just a thoughtlessly written story. The main reason editorial wanted M-Day to happen was this weird obsession with keeping a mutants from being too big of a demographic within the MU, but of course even 16 million is a drop in the bucket compared to the world population so if Marvel had just done some math they needn't have worried about everybody in the MU being a mutant anytime soon. However, what they failed to overlook was that a huge chunk of X-Men fans are gay and identify with the mutant conflict because it mirrors the struggles they face from our society, and stripping a bunch of mutants of their powers so casually just reeks of all that gay conversion therapy nonsense being pushed in certain circles and just enraged that part of the fanbase. Never mind that this was NEVER the intention of the writer to address that issue, since the X-Men already did that with the mutant cure storyline, and that even if it was, trying to blame it all on Wanda's character makes no sense, especially since she was written to be basically insane during Bendis' entire run.

It is kind of blatantly obvious that Bendis only used her in this capacity because he personally wasn't a fan of hers and didn't plan on using her during his run, so he didn't mind sacrificing her as the scapegoat for setting off all this drama he wanted to kick off his story. The fact that the fallout from M-Day wasn't addressed for nearly a decade, with Wanda being in limbo for most of that time, shows that the writers had zero interest in exploring that in any capacity, so why does anyone all of a sudden want it to be dealt with now? And as far as I'm concerned, Wanda is a far more interesting character than any woman Bendis has ever tried to write, all of whom inevitably turn into these snarky, unlikable, drama queens, because evidently Bendis has only met one woman in his entire life and bases ALL of his female characters on her. She has a lot more going for her than all this M-Day stuff and I think we've missed out on a lot of good material because of the fixation on this one story, so let's stop doing that.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 03-06-2020 at 05:32 AM.