View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) stand trial for her role in House of M ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The fact that they had House of M four years before Disney bought Marvel (2009), and E for Extinction in 2001, makes those arguments of Marvel downplaying the X-Men because of the MCU/Disney sound irrational. Especially since AVX brought back mutants in the midst of the spike of the MCU. And people act like these ELE never happened to the X-Men since Days of Future Past
    I think people say that because of them taking them out of games, tv and merch. Because they still had 6 books during that time. But they were restricted elsewhere. I played Marvel Heroes. And when their contract was renewed, Marvel had them take a lot of the X-Men and all of the F4 out of the console version of the game. And severely restricted what mutants would be approved on both the PC and console versions of the game. The only reason they didn't pull everything X-Men completely was sales.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think people say that because of them taking them out of games, tv and merch. Because they still had 6 books during that time. But they were restricted elsewhere. I played Marvel Heroes. And when their contract was renewed, Marvel had them take a lot of the X-Men and all of the F4 out of the console version of the game. And severely restricted what mutants would be approved on both the PC and console versions of the game. The only reason they didn't pull everything X-Men completely was sales.
    side note, i miss that game so much, wanda there was so cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    side note, i miss that game so much, wanda there was so cool
    Yeah it was a very good game. I think I raided on every character there. Was working on red prestiging everyone when it went down.

BANNED

Yeah it was a very good game. I think I raided on every character there. Was working on red prestiging everyone when it went down.
    it was so tragic cause they were starting to pick up their pace and the new apocalypse content and original costumes were just great

it was so tragic cause they were starting to pick up their pace and the new apocalypse content and original costumes were just great
    Yeah I wanted all of those costumes and was prepared to buy them. But they ran out of money, and the Marvel license was too expensive. They said it was something around 10s of millions per year to pay to Marvel. And that's just nuts.

BANNED

Yeah I wanted all of those costumes and was prepared to buy them. But they ran out of money, and the Marvel license was too expensive. They said it was something around 10s of millions per year to pay to Marvel. And that's just nuts.
    I heard it was because the ceo was such a vile man marvel cut ties, because aparently the console money was solid and they got it renewed.
    It was so fun

I heard it was because the ceo was such a vile man marvel cut ties, because aparently the console money was solid and they got it renewed.
    It was so fun
    He didn't help anything, but it was the license in the end. They did the console thing to try and save the game, because they were two years behind on the license. The console version failed, the company went belly up. The renewal happened before they couldn't produce the money. They made the deal on the idea they could pay it with the console earnings.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Legion and The Gifted came out during that time. They did have more Guardians of the Galaxy everywhere. If Fox used Wanda first, I'm positive they would've done House of M or used the storyline in Logan. That, or she would have been one of Magneto's henchmen.

No, I hate how the issue has developed, I never liked Wanda again after children crusade, I think that she never face any real punishment for her actions and I hate how every time that anyone complains about her abuse of power is labeled as a jerk and Wanda as a victim. But has passed too much time since that event and is time to let go. She will be ever protected by the Avengers and the mutants are always going to be wary of her, but a judgement after so much time seems pointless.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    No, I hate how the issue has developed, I never liked Wanda again after children crusade, I think that she never face any real punishment for her actions and I hate how every time that anyone complains about her abuse of power is labeled as a jerk and Wanda as a victim. But has passed too much time since that event and is time to let go. She will be ever protected by the Avengers and the mutants are always going to be wary of her, but a judgement after so much time seems pointless.
    People aren't jerks for hating her. And people haven't pointed that out as much as pointing out that by now Marvel has done this same thing to every heroic character, without trial. Only Cap and Bucky Barnes have gotten trials to my memory. It just doesn't seem like a story Marvel wants to tell that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Legion and The Gifted came out during that time. They did have more Guardians of the Galaxy everywhere. If Fox used Wanda first, I'm positive they would've done House of M or used the storyline in Logan. That, or she would have been one of Magneto's henchmen.
    There was some stuff produced by Fox, like Legion and the Gifted, but that's not Marvel. Marvel themselves definitely toned things back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    No, it was established that her mutant power would have been just energy-wielding, but she was linked at birth to chaos magic. That's the kind of energy she wields.

When it exists, at least. Chaos magic is not orderly, and can apparently fool even Doctor Strange at times.
    Well, does mystically tempered mutant power still just mutant power? I always think Elder Gods don't temper mortal on a genetic level but on a soul/spiritual level? Like Vampires and Werewolves'(Darkhold variants) fundamental difference from other human offshoot like Inhumans, Mutants, Eternals are that they aren't just got their genes changed.
    Probably some misunderstanding on my part, Mr.Busiek, I always take it that Wanda's mutant power, while granting her access to a mystical/magic source, the mutant power itself is still not mystical.
    Like in a case with enchanted weapons and ammos, sometimes only the ammo are enchanted.(A regular gun firing a silver bullet) I orginally think it functions that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    At least she regrets what she has done, unlike some others who just use the "it wasn't me but an impostor" excuse. Also the problem I would have with a trial would be that it would never be independent. It would always be biased to one side or the other.

Astonishing Member

People aren't jerks for hating her. And people haven't pointed that out as much as pointing out that by now Marvel has done this same thing to every heroic character, without trial. Only Cap and Bucky Barnes have gotten trials to my memory. It just doesn't seem like a story Marvel wants to tell that much.
    Many people here who hate Scarlet Witch just see her an evil woman who destroyed mutant kind because she's evil, they don't know her character outside House of M and they still overlook the nuance in House of M. That's more of a genre conceit but when it comes to Wanda there's a contingent of X-Fan they want to see her burn. It's maddening how personal they take it when what Wanda had were two high profile instances of bad characterisation which every character gets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Many people here who hate Scarlet Witch just see her an evil woman who destroyed mutant kind because she's evil, they don't know her character outside House of M and they still overlook the nuance in House of M. That's more of a genre conceit but when it comes to Wanda there's a contingent of X-Fan they want to see her burn. It's maddening how personal they take it when what Wanda had were two high profile instances of bad characterisation which every character gets.
    because she is responsible for literal years of suffering to our favorite characthers and she only got a slap on the wrist when she returned, that's why